Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Describe a game you're playing like it's a 90's gaming magazine ad

BLAST YOUR WAY through hordes of DEATH DEALING ROBOTS in this action packed shooter! As a BADASS CYBORG, it's up to YOU to kick rear end with OVER 100 WEAPONS!

CAN'T STAND THE HEAT? TOO MUCH OF A WUSS? Don't worry, it's not real... IT'S SYNTHETIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Playing one of the DLC for Pathfinder Kingmaker right now. The baron sent me on a quest to talk to some dude we just met who, make sure they're cool and not like a spy or something shady. In a metagame way, the game's quest journal is written as if this character were the writer and narrator, so I figure they aren't going to die or be able to be killed so they aren't a spy. Mashing through the default text options, it starts a scene where my PC dude goes upstairs with this quest-dude to discuss matters privately. You have some apparently powerful sex that causes a ruckus and a bunch of damage to the room the innkeeper chews us out for. This gave me 600 experience and I leveled up.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
You think you're IN TIME to save the TIMELINE!? Kick some ALIEN INSECT BUTT and show your GAME. PILOT A ROBOT JUSTICE SQUAD TO VICTORY in the COOLEST video game INTO THE BREACH!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Because I'm incredibly naive, I didn't know until just a few days ago that a big part of the speedrunning community is horny, and drama about horny, and sometimes drug abuse

i had sex with a speedrunner but he finished in 5 seconds and said it was a new PB??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bed battle buddy is in recharge mode.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you should take this time to play that nintendo switch

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Dark Souls III mod is out now that lets you play as bosses and enemies. I haven't tried it, but Lance is legit and specializes in uncovering scrapped and cut content.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1233679629124165633?s=19

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

you should take this time to play that nintendo switch

But Animal Crossing isn't out yet :(

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Dark Souls III mod is out now that lets you play as bosses and enemies. I haven't tried it, but Lance is legit and specializes in uncovering scrapped and cut content.

If I had a pc I could finally show midir how horseshit he is

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Help Im Alive posted:

i had sex with a speedrunner but he finished in 5 seconds and said it was a new PB??

I had sex with a speedrunner but I forced him to restart when he tried to go out of bounds

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Since then all my speedruns have been tool assisted

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My relationship with a speedrunner didn't work out in the end. He kept skipping my dialogue

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I proposed to a Super Mario 64 speedrunner once. She said yes!

I said YAHOOWAWAWAWAHOOYAHOOWAH and fell through the floor

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you ever want to fall down a deep meme well, Google the Family Guy Intro Speedrun

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I had to divorce my speedrunner wife. I thought she would take 1/2 our stuff but she settled for any% instead

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I recieved a ransom note from a speedrunner once. It was hastily written and made entirely out of clippings

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

If you ever want to fall down a deep meme well, Google the Family Guy Intro Speedrun

That's a lovely meme run, go check out the American Dad intro speedruns. Those are legit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Durp that's what I meant :v:

Dudes have made legit faux-docos on it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Some MEN like double Ds but 2Bs fit in your hand just right! Be the savior of humanity’s future as an android warrior taking the fight to the ROBOT menace and their ALIEN OVERLORDS. Hack your way past thousands of bots, shoot down mega goliaths in mind blowing flight segments, and BECOME AS GODS and maybe you’ll get to spend the night with this pair of pink haired twins. Oh yeah

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
SEE that mountain? You can CLIMB it. For REAL THIS TIME.

Eat it, TURD HOWARD. It's DEATH STRANDING, a HIDEO KOJIMA PRODUCTION.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
TOMORROW is IN YOUR HANDS.

*picture of a ps4 controller, no gameplay screenshots anywhere*

DEATH STRANDING

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Songbearer posted:

Describe a game you're playing like it's a 90's gaming magazine ad

[Picture of a woman in a bikini in a forest with fire effects surrounding her]

Everyone has a dark side...

Feeling adventurous? Show me just how far you're willing to go. Explore places you'd never thought you'd see, do things you've only imagined in your deepest fantasies. Go on. Be rough.

You can spend hours thrusting away, pounding and pounding until you can't take anymore.

Diablo 2. Come to the dark side.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

CJacobs posted:

SEE that mountain? You can CLIMB it. For REAL THIS TIME.

Eat it, TURD HOWARD. It's DEATH STRANDING, a HIDEO KOJIMA PRODUCTION.

Hideo does what Toddon't

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

KONAMI'S
GONNA
MAKE
HIDEO
THEIR
BITCH

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Speaking of which,

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1233629331059924992?s=20

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

"Oh it's just the PC port.."

*Raiden takes off the Sam mask*

Shiiiiit

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

THIS GAME SMELLS.

As if it wasn't GROSS enough the first time, those SMELLY demons are back to STINK UP your world with more RANCID BUTTS than anyone else can handle. It's up to you to follow your nose across twisted demonic BARFSCAPES of nonstop running, gunning, REEKING action until you find the ULTIMATE SLOB behind these OOZING VOMIT hordes, and make them PULL YOUR FINGER.

DOOM. POOPY FARTS.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/tokugifs/status/1233475456277581824

A bunch of power rangers t-posing in a line to assert dominance

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Khanstant posted:

some things are worth dyin for!!!

p.s. got my first flu shot in my adult life at a CVS and paid freakin like 50 bucks for it this year and then they invented a new flu a week later. im onto them

at the cvs target pharmacy they give you a free shot and then a $5 gift card

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

Yeah don’t go crazy but you might want to buy groceries with an eye towards having the option to not leave the house for a few days. Canned, frozen, dried/nonperishable, etc.

Do people not normally do this? My family's always shopped for food in at least bi-weekly quantities for as long as I can remember. Maybe it's a Great Depression generational thing, like casseroles and patching ripped clothes.

Propaganda Hour posted:

I always wanted a game where you played as the boss and conquered the kingdom. And not just like "hero's journey but flip the script", you have typical boss mechanics like incredibly powerful attacks with baked-in windup animations, highly resistant to damage but a glowing weak spot, a more powerful second form transformation, expendable minions as distractions/attrition, etc.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

FirstAidKite posted:

I know about that but I mean in comparison to China

i mean i dont think anyone has as little healthcare coverage as the US which itself is the biggest issue.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

al-azad posted:

Some MEN like double Ds but 2Bs fit in your hand just right! Be the savior of humanity’s future as an android warrior taking the fight to the ROBOT menace and their ALIEN OVERLORDS. Hack your way past thousands of bots, shoot down mega goliaths in mind blowing flight segments, and BECOME AS GODS and maybe you’ll get to spend the night with this pair of pink haired twins. Oh yeah

I don't think we're topping this one lol

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Since I'm the one writing essays about it, I at least need to do the responsible thing and link to someone who talks about actual data from a medical point of view.

https://youtu.be/5rOTz9duXwo

This guy has been doing daily videos on the previous 24 hours' news and numbers and it's worth checking it out if you're at all curious. It definitely seems like it's going to get worse before it gets better. What "worse" means will depend on how many people get sick and how sudden or spread out (chronologically or geographically) the cases are, and if they find that any current drugs treat the symptoms in any way (promising but still waiting on better data!). Vaccine in 2021 sometime.

I'll drop the topic now as I'm sure there's lots of folks who come here to avoid this kind of stuff and I'm sorry. Take care of yourself and yours, all!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh hey he put a new video up an hour ago. Sweet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Have you ever noticed that the word "disease" is dis-ease. Which kinda feels like underselling most of the time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm not from USA but people living in ghettos and on the streets having no access health care sounds like a pretty big problem.

Unfortunately the USA doesn't see it that way. Over here we celebrate homeless people dying and consider it a good thing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What do think we should do with homeless people, huh? What just give them a home, food, and clothing out of some basic sense of decency and compassion? Sounds like lib poo poo to me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

What do think we should do with homeless people, huh? What just give them a home, food, and clothing out of some basic sense of decency and compassion? Sounds like lib poo poo to me

I know you're joking, but California has 20 vacant homes for every 1 homeless person. So yes. :v: Housing is a human right, and the U.S. has failed as a country until this issue is fixed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m not American but even I know that the us is a fail country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
To be clear, I was joking in the sense that "giving living human beings the necessary elements of a basic decent life" should've been a material component of laws since like... Hammurabi's code. The fact there is one more empty home in the world than there are homeless people points to a colossal failure on the part of all mankind.