Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

InitialDave posted:

Absofuckinglutely not.

What are your options more along a path of her gifting you her entire net worth, and forcing them to spend the next few decades trying to recoup their costs at $10 a month from someone who is nominally penniless?
I am not even vaguely a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure this would be illegal, somehow.

It seems like the kind of thing we'd do over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Krakkles posted:

I am not even vaguely a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure this would be illegal, somehow.

It seems like the kind of thing we'd do over here.

I'm not an American (thank whatever merciful god made that decision) but my understanding is that when it comes to medical debt while being old your best option is to just tell the hospital's bill collectors to gently caress themselves and eat the 200 point drop in credit score because you're gonna die soon anyways whether it's from a heart attack or from coal-induced emphysema.

Liquidating your assets, disconnecting your phone, and enjoying the last years of your life in poverty and doctor-supplied oxycodone is the modern American dream.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

shy boy from chess club posted:

It is, its hard to take a break since there is always something to do and you spend a lot of time off thinking "I should do this now" constantly. The learning process can be harsh too when it comes to taxes/fees/licenses since theres no how-to book on every little thing you have to do/pay for the town/state/fed and I ran into a ton of stumbling blocks in the beginning that ended up in fines or fees that I didnt know about.

Once you figure out most of that stuff and it does start to pay off though is a pretty great feeling. The one that always lingers is the "always stuff to do" thoughts and organizing those into being able to take time off when you need/want to is such a relief. loving off for a long weekend now is the best feeling in the world cause I leave those thoughts at home and can have a great time. The hard work pays off eventually just prepare it to be harder and cost more than you think and you will be better off when it comes time to deal with that stuff.

The "I should just get a regular job" thoughts still happen here and there when poo poo is hard but its worth doing it on your own for the most part, its just not easy since yes, it is your whole life and its all on you.

everdave posted:

Man my mom is 67 and she drives me insane I have to start being nicer, she comes and stays with me a few days a week because we are in the midst of basketball season for the kids and she gets on my last nerve but her greatest fear is breaking her hip...so scary. I need her.

I have owned my own business for the past 8-10 years because I out educated myself for my profession I went to school for (don't be one semester away from your PhD and try to get a teaching job here). I have a ton of freedom but also everything is on me...luckily things just kind of work for me but I have gotten screwed on taxes and lots of things. Think long and hard before leaving the safety of a "real" job. My close friend who I have got into importing a few cars too left working for himself for a stable income for his family. Very hard to go from freedom to a rigid structure but he doesn't have to stay up at night worrying about work.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I would say independent contractor/freelancer is the way to go if you can do that. I did it for a few years and it was great.

I know people that own their own businesses and I wouldn't want that kind of stress tbh. Once you own a business it's your life.

Thanks for the insights. My initial post was really vague but that is because I don't have the time to type out my entire guts and even think anyone would be willing to read through it all.

Basically I have always worked for "small businesses". So I am fortunate that I have been able to see how stuff works end to end. I have had employers who have just basically told me they pay me to make decisions, so go ahead and make decisions. I can definitively point to things and say "This was something I decided to do and it moved the needle X, for good or bad". I have a business concept in mind, and understand that this isn't something I would be striking out to do for at least a year plus but it is an idea. I am fortunate to have some good things going for me, I am pretty young (35) and I am not broke financially. Between cash savings and equity in our home there is a good number there. The plan would be moving out of the Salt Lake Valley down to Southern Utah where real estate is quite a bit less. I am considering making the investment into specialty equipment that can provide specific services. Preliminary stuff has shown that I could get into the machinery without taking any loans, etc. I would need to find some good commercial real estate, but I think I could make a go at this thing. I know it would be rough, starting with a goose egg as far as customers, but I can build it up. I have always told my wife I am happy to not be the head of the business because that guy goes to sleep with way too much on his pillow. Life has a weird way of nudging you towards other things though.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Thanks for the insights. My initial post was really vague but that is because I don't have the time to type out my entire guts and even think anyone would be willing to read through it all.

Basically I have always worked for "small businesses". So I am fortunate that I have been able to see how stuff works end to end. I have had employers who have just basically told me they pay me to make decisions, so go ahead and make decisions. I can definitively point to things and say "This was something I decided to do and it moved the needle X, for good or bad". I have a business concept in mind, and understand that this isn't something I would be striking out to do for at least a year plus but it is an idea. I am fortunate to have some good things going for me, I am pretty young (35) and I am not broke financially. Between cash savings and equity in our home there is a good number there. The plan would be moving out of the Salt Lake Valley down to Southern Utah where real estate is quite a bit less. I am considering making the investment into specialty equipment that can provide specific services. Preliminary stuff has shown that I could get into the machinery without taking any loans, etc. I would need to find some good commercial real estate, but I think I could make a go at this thing. I know it would be rough, starting with a goose egg as far as customers, but I can build it up. I have always told my wife I am happy to not be the head of the business because that guy goes to sleep with way too much on his pillow. Life has a weird way of nudging you towards other things though.

YHPM

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://youtu.be/36PW4HJB0Xo

Just in time for portable inflator talk: AvE Milwaukee tooter

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Somewhat Heroic posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm thinking of striking it out on my own within a year or two. I've been building up a buisness plan, laying out expense reports, trying to figure out with licenses I need and what needs to be bought, what insurance to buy, etc.... Its a lot. Sometimes I wonder if I'm overthinking it, if I'm focusing too much on one thing, etc....

There's a lot of good guides and books out there, but nothing is as helpful as just talking to someone about this stuff.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
SOMEWHAT HEROIC:

before moving and going full tilt could you start small on the side and devote your nights and weekends to it (and every other minute of free time)? That’s what I did while substituting and taking leaves of absence positions u til my computer biz took off.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Has anyone in AI bought a tuk-tuk?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Beach Bum posted:

GUESS WHO DRAGGED THEIR rear end ON GETTING HEALTH INSURANCE FOR THREE MONTHS BEFORE THEY BROKE THEIR HIP

:cripes::cripes::cripes::cripes::cripes:

Moral dilemma: Do I cash out my poo poo to save her bacon, or recommend a bankruptcy lawyer and pull the ripcord?

Some good news at least: she had surgery this afternoon and it only took 90 minutes for a total hip replacement. Doc said she'll probably go home tomorrow and be walking by next week.

Just transfer all of her assets, rack up the medical bills, then declare bankruptcy when you can't stretch it out any longer.
Yay America!

InitialDave posted:

Absofuckinglutely not.

What are your options more along a path of her gifting you her entire net worth, and forcing them to spend the next few decades trying to recoup their costs at $10 a month from someone who is nominally penniless?

yeah this.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Beach Bum posted:

Moral dilemma: Do I cash out my poo poo to save her bacon, or recommend a bankruptcy lawyer and pull the ripcord?

Some good news at least: she had surgery this afternoon and it only took 90 minutes for a total hip replacement. Doc said she'll probably go home tomorrow and be walking by next week.
I literally can't even imagine this discussion literally anywhere else on the planet except a truly third world country where the next sentence might be "I also need to protect my wife from the neighboring warlords from taking her away and dirtying our society"

As much as I go to the US and do US poo poo, this literally boggles my mind with you guys. Get your poo poo together on universal healthcare, for fucks sake.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

ExplodingSims posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm thinking of striking it out on my own within a year or two. I've been building up a buisness plan, laying out expense reports, trying to figure out with licenses I need and what needs to be bought, what insurance to buy, etc.... Its a lot. Sometimes I wonder if I'm overthinking it, if I'm focusing too much on one thing, etc....

There's a lot of good guides and books out there, but nothing is as helpful as just talking to someone about this stuff.

I'm considering this when we get to Washington too, because there's no good internet in our area and I think I can fix that. If I can hold down 120-150 customers I can never have a job or drive over the Tacoma narrows bridge again. I'm pretty sure I can pick that many customers up basically as fast as I can get their equipment installed, as long as I do a good job on the first few. I'm already in a few of the local Facebook groups with 7k+ people in them and "the internet sucks so bad out here" is like the fourth highest topic, behind crime, "whose chickens are in my front yard", and traffic.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

slidebite posted:

I literally can't even imagine this discussion literally anywhere else on the planet except a truly third world country where the next sentence might be "I also need to protect my wife from the neighboring warlords from taking her away and dirtying our society"

As much as I go to the US and do US poo poo, this literally boggles my mind with you guys. Get your poo poo together on universal healthcare, for fucks sake.

This. My 74yo step mum recently had a fall and broke her pelvis. Between the ambulance ride and about 2 and a half weeks in hospital, the biggest bills we had were for car parking (which Dad was able to get a free pass for his visits) and the exorbitant prices at the hospital cafe. No dollars down for any of the care bar I think a $50 deposit on a loaner wheelchair.

Forgetting all that though, recovery from a hip replacement is generally much easier than the seriousness of the surgery suggests, even for the elderly.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

I'm not an American (thank whatever merciful god made that decision) but my understanding is that when it comes to medical debt while being old your best option is to just tell the hospital's bill collectors to gently caress themselves and eat the 200 point drop in credit score because you're gonna die soon anyways whether it's from a heart attack or from coal-induced emphysema.

Liquidating your assets, disconnecting your phone, and enjoying the last years of your life in poverty and doctor-supplied oxycodone is the modern American dream.

Pretty much this. If she doesn't have any major assets (and by major I'm taking at least a quarter of a mil liquid) then just shrugging off the debt and either declaring bankruptcy or letting them try to collect from her estate down the road isn't the worst plan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

I'm considering this when we get to Washington too, because there's no good internet in our area and I think I can fix that. If I can hold down 120-150 customers I can never have a job or drive over the Tacoma narrows bridge again. I'm pretty sure I can pick that many customers up basically as fast as I can get their equipment installed, as long as I do a good job on the first few. I'm already in a few of the local Facebook groups with 7k+ people in them and "the internet sucks so bad out here" is like the fourth highest topic, behind crime, "whose chickens are in my front yard", and traffic.

I think you're completely overlooking the need for a chicken wrangling service.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

I think you're completely overlooking the need for a chicken wrangling service.

Combine the two silicon valley style, introduce a new disruptive tech to track and report lost chickens: facebuk buk bukark

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

cakesmith handyman posted:

Combine the two silicon valley style, introduce a new disruptive tech to track and report lost chickens: facebuk buk bukark

AI March Facebuk buk buKAAARK thread

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

Has anyone in AI bought a tuk-tuk?

I've - bought - the farm as a result of my faith (which was zzzzero) in a tuk-tuk in PUBG?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

everdave posted:

Man my mom is 67 and she drives me insane I have to start being nicer, she comes and stays with me a few days a week because we are in the midst of basketball season for the kids and she gets on my last nerve but her greatest fear is breaking her hip...so scary. I need her.

I have owned my own business for the past 8-10 years because I out educated myself for my profession I went to school for (don't be one semester away from your PhD and try to get a teaching job here). I have a ton of freedom but also everything is on me...luckily things just kind of work for me but I have gotten screwed on taxes and lots of things. Think long and hard before leaving the safety of a "real" job. My close friend who I have got into importing a few cars too left working for himself for a stable income for his family. Very hard to go from freedom to a rigid structure but he doesn't have to stay up at night worrying about work.

My grandmother fell and broke her hip at a party at my parents’ house in 2007. She slipped stepping down from one level of the back deck to the lower one. She was 90 and wearing high heels. She was back to walking in about 4 weeks, though she needed a cane after that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Just transfer all of her assets, rack up the medical bills, then declare bankruptcy

This is what’s called “fraudulent transfer” and is very much not a good idea.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

bird with big dick posted:

Neither is the entirety of the joke that is the US medical system but here we are. gently caress the parasites and eat the rich.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

At that age I really wouldn't give a poo poo who cares

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

kastein posted:

If you are offering ISP services on the Kitsap peninsula, I'd be interested.

And I know who's chickens are in my front yard.

They're mine.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Elviscat posted:

If you are offering ISP services on the Kitsap peninsula, I'd be interested.

And I know who's chickens are in my front yard.

They're mine.

Key peninsula is first if I do this, but I'll keep it in mind! Everyone hates hughesnet and the other lovely offerings out in the boonies, so we'll see. I'm half hoping that starlink kills the idea so I don't have to do it, but half hoping it's my problem to solve/opportunity to take.

E: I'll actually be there Sunday through Tuesday, and might be going and buying a Comanche on Bainbridge island for a friend in Pennsylvania and driving it home. We'll see.

kastein fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 29, 2020

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I accepted a job offer, and last night I was anxious about giving my notice to our controller, because I like her and me quitting kinda puts her in a difficult position.

She looked at me and said "Funny you say that, I was planning on putting my notice in tomorrow. Want submit our resignations together on Monday?"

:getin:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

I accepted a job offer, and last night I was anxious about giving my notice to our controller, because I like her and me quitting kinda puts her in a difficult position.

She looked at me and said "Funny you say that, I was planning on putting my notice in tomorrow. Want submit our resignations together on Monday?"

This rules hard.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

How to ruin management's day with one easy trick! (Do it!)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

At that age I really wouldn't give a poo poo who cares

Lol they’re not only going to come after her for the fraudulent transfer.

Siochain posted:

Neither is the entirety of the joke that is the US medical system but here we are. gently caress the parasites and eat the rich.

Sure but that doesn’t change the law.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

kastein posted:

Key peninsula is first if I do this, but I'll keep it in mind! Everyone hates hughesnet and the other lovely offerings out in the boonies, so we'll see. I'm half hoping that starlink kills the idea so I don't have to do it, but half hoping it's my problem to solve/opportunity to take.

E: I'll actually be there Sunday through Tuesday, and might be going and buying a Comanche on Bainbridge island for a friend in Pennsylvania and driving it home. We'll see.

Oh man, I went hiking down at Penrose point this week, and man the Key Penninsula is pretty, and isolated.

Let me know if you need anything, tools, labor or a beer, I'm just up the road in Port Orchard.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Re: insurance chat; I did mention she had three (four, actually) months to get a policy, no? hosed up USA medical situation or no, this current lack of coverage falls squarely in her wheelhouse. As a successful realtor, she had ample opportunity and means. I was advising her back in November about how to get it done. She assured me she would be able to take care of it by the end of December when my father had canceled his policy to go on Medicare. My brother, my father, and myself are all simultaneously pissed and distraught at the hole she's gonna be in.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Sometimes hospitals will outright forgive the debt if the bill is going to be impossible to pay off. It's worth a try.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

Sometimes hospitals will outright forgive the debt if the bill is going to be impossible to pay off. It's worth a try.

Word, thanks for the tip. We're going to exercise every avenue to reduce the cost as much as possible but due to her near-six-figure income in 2019 I don't have high hopes.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Off. My folks are 70 and 71, but thankfully pretty robust. No issues so far. They're definitely slowing down, though. I notice that in Dad. I know he's not getting the stuff done that he wants to, which sucks, because he actually has the time now that he's retired (finally.)

Mom's almost 72, stepdad is 69. Dad turns 74 at the end of this year, stepmom turns 59 the same day (go dad, robbing the cradle AND sharing the same birthday!).

Stepdad has slowed down considerably - he dealt with Grave's disease, and it seems like it really took a toll on him mentally. His memory has been poo poo ever since being treated, and he loses track of what he's saying occasionally (and often needs concepts Mansplained to him now). Doubt it's dementia, it hasn't gotten worse in the past 10+ years, and he still works a full time retail manager job. He won't go up in the attic anymore to, say, change the filter on the furnace (though he does plenty of cardio at the gym :iiam:). Pre-diabetic for several years. Mom put on a bunch of weight starting around 55 and never lost it; she just got diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. Double hip replacement really improved her quality of life and mobility, and she's getting cataract surgery in a couple of months (stepdad just got it).

Dad? He's on the golf course at least once a week, often once a day when he's at his vacation home (which is right on a golf course, the sale of the house included a golf cart, and the HOA fees includes a country club membership). On the tennis court quite a bit too. He was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure, first health issue he's had except for a bout with pneumonia about 10 years ago. He also runs now and then; stepmom runs daily. I can keep up with stepmom if it's a jog and not a flat out run, I couldn't keep up with dad last time I tried. I suspect he might get diagnosed with COPD soon though, he's been smoking since he was 13 or 14 (currently a pack and a half a day of menthols), and has a really nasty persistent cough now.

It's loving hilarious watching him kick the rear end of a 20-something player at tennis, then light a cigarette in front of them and smoke the whole thing. :haw:

I'm about 40 or 50 pounds lighter than the last time I tried to keep up with him though... fucker is still 20 pounds lighter than me

everdave posted:

I was "self employed" (1099 for several courier and food delivery companies, including Amazon - so not a business owner, but still self employed for tax purposes) for several years.

The taxes loving bite. I'm working on my taxes for the year, and when I put in my W2 I had a $900 refund coming... when I put in my main 1099 it went to $2500 owed. Mileage deductions brought it down to a much more manageable $250, but then I have to repay part of my ACA subsidy because I made too much.... so $400 owed. And I haven't put in all of my income yet (a couple of companies didn't send a 1099 because <$600, but...).

The insurance for that line of work is brutal too... IF you can find someone to write a policy. Some of those gig companies will offer insurance while you're on delivery, contingent on your own coverage (Amazon has a full commercial policy that applies anytime you have a package in the car, and it's primary; Uber's coverage applies if you have a package or person in the car, but it's secondary to your insurance). Some just say "we suggest you get commercial or delivery insurance, just send us proof that you have a liability policy for state minimums" (Grubhub). One that I work with will withhold the retail cost + delivery fee from my pay for anything that goes missing if a package can't be delivered (i.e. nobody home to sign, returns clerk at whatever store signs a fake name and keeps the computer, phone, etc for themselves, etc); I only work with them during holidays.

Better than 2018... I owed $2000 AFTER all my deductions (I think over $5000 before), and before that tax bill hit, I was barely treading water. Next month will be the final payment to the IRS for that. $400 I can probably split across 2 paychecks.

I miss being able to take time off whenever the gently caress I want - I need to give my employer 2 weeks notice to take time off - but I like the reliable income, the 401k, and hopefully soon, the vacation / sick / holiday pay and insurance.

Rhyno posted:

My mother is in her 60's and does not take care of her own health. She's currently living alone in a 2800 sq ft house with three cats and refusing to downsize despite not even being able to keep the house clean. Mission 2020 is convince her to sell that house and get her into a cottage home nearby or equal distance between me and my sister.

My mom is a serious neat freak. Anytime I go visit, she says "oh god the house is a mess" and spends all day, sometimes 2 days, cleaning. I've seen that house at its worst, and that's "a few forks in the sink and a little dust on the end tables, and the sheets on every bed haven't been washed in 3 days".

She's in a slightly smaller house (4/2, "2" car garage that can only fit 2 if you don't want to get out of the one on the right side, ~2400 sq ft). Except she wants to downgrade; she's tired of spending all day vacuuming the whole house anytime I visit. :haw: Scary thing is she's talking seriously about moving to a suburb of Austin. She'll still be ~45-60 minutes away if she moves where she's talking about, but I kinda like her being a few hours away. :ohdear: I would feel better about her being in a smaller house, mostly because nearly 72 year old mom isn't as mobile as she used to be.

He's been much happier since he sold it but he's retired now too....The people that bought it hosed it all up and it's not the same anymore.

My stepdad sold his carpet cleaning franchise when we left our home town. It was so far into the red it wasn't even funny (mom had a brand new Cadillac, he always had a fleet of 2 or 3 sub-$500 beaters until he finally got a 180k mile 92 F-150 around 1995), and they were well known as THE carpet cleaning / carpet dying / flood restoration company in town. I think about half of the apartment complexes in the city used them for flood remediation.

Within 6 months, they closed their 2nd office. IIRC it went under 2 or 3 years after the sale. :smith:

Beach Bum posted:

GUESS WHO DRAGGED THEIR rear end ON GETTING HEALTH INSURANCE FOR THREE MONTHS BEFORE THEY BROKE THEIR HIP

:cripes::cripes::cripes::cripes::cripes:

Awesome that they were able to do a replacement! My mother got a double hip replacement (about 6 weeks apart for each) about 10 years ago. Spent one day in the hospital for each one, was walking with heavy help after a day, using a walker a few days after that for a few weeks, and back to walking regularly (COMFORTABLY, for the first time since she was in her 40s) not long after. Took a month or so for her to start getting in and out of her car again without a lot of help, but she hops in and out of it now. (unless someone's watching her get out when she's using her handicapped parking placard :rolleyes:)

... and she filed bankruptcy a couple of years later. Stepdad had the money to help her with the medical bills, but wouldn't. Bankruptcy isn't the end of the world, especially for medical bills and at her age. Mom started getting unsecured credit card offers within a year; she has 2 cards from Capital One now, one Discover, and she managed to keep her Amex through the bankruptcy. Credit score is back in the low 700s (from a high of ~800ish) after several years.

.......... I'm worried about what will happen if I have to use the poo poo tier ACA plan I have this year. $8250 deductible, nothing covered until then except for PCP visits ($25) and vaccines. My regular bloodwork is gonna murder my wallet next month, and a hospital visit will absolutely mean bankruptcy. Meds have been cheap at least, since the pharmacy I use automatically applies Goodrx coupons if insurance isn't kicking in.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 29, 2020

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My parents are stereotypical boomers. Nobody better touch their money, but everyone else's is fair game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife is having a girl's day at a winery with her friends and one of them took an Uber that was a "new mustang" as she put it and now she's on Cargurus sending me links to Mustangs for sale and suggesting that instead of an economy car.

I think she may have had a bit of wine.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

My wife is having a girl's day at a winery with her friends and one of them took an Uber that was a "new mustang" as she put it and now she's on Cargurus sending me links to Mustangs for sale and suggesting that instead of an economy car.

I think she may have had a bit of wine.

What's the opposite of the :sever: smilie?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

slothrop posted:

What's the opposite of the :sever: smilie?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is like the fourth time she's seen one up close and texted me how great they look.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

This is like the fourth time she's seen one up close and texted me how great they look.

I like reading Rhyno posts with no context. It makes me giggle.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Thats a good one too lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
My parents are like 70 and travelling the world hiking up hills and poo poo, and I'm here on my computer poo poo posting. Like 10 years ago, my mom had breast cancer and my dad had heart failure due to some infection due to an ACL surgery, but they're doing amazing now. They'll probably outlive my rear end.
There is a history of alzhimers on both sides, so that is a bit concerning, but seems ok now.

nm fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 29, 2020