Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
That's a good doggy.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, check out the new AT industrial scenery set. There's many smaller bits which are too small to make meaningful (LOS-affecting) terrain, but make great base decoration and you get a lot of them in the box. They make a welcome change from putting the same broken buildings on every base for a sense of scale. There's even stuff suitable for Knight bases, like barrels & ammo crates. I primed everything yesterday with my Warbringer, and will be adding some to my older titans once painted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I agree. That green and white scheme is looking very nice.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Glad to read in the Goonhammer review of House of Chains that it's been well handled.

I'm gagging to actually read my copy, but there was a bit of snowfall and the postman never came!

No idea which direction they will go in for Orlocks when they come around though. There's not much of a theme beyond 'guns'.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Orlocks were a bunch of blue collar rust-belt Bruce Springsteens, and the update has them as teamster truckers. I imagine we'll see apprentices, maybe a loader sentinel equivalent, and uh... methstims.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's time for tiny planes

Not quite done, but I'm really happy with how this is coming out so far.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

R0ckfish posted:

Finished up my first titan, turned out decent I think.

That's a nice titan and the green highlight is will look great at table top level, but it is a bit thinyourpaints when you get a second look at it. May I suggest doing the same color gradation you did here, but with a drybrush?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

moths posted:

Orlocks were a bunch of blue collar rust-belt Bruce Springsteens, and the update has them as teamster truckers. I imagine we'll see apprentices, maybe a loader sentinel equivalent, and uh... methstims.

New Leader Perk: Financial Influence. Loan out your gangs pension fund, roll 2d6 every month: on a 12 your leader vanishes without trace.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

JcDent posted:

That's a nice titan and the green highlight is will look great at table top level, but it is a bit thinyourpaints when you get a second look at it. May I suggest doing the same color gradation you did here, but with a drybrush?

My preference is glazes and blends, so I did a quick 10 min glaze on the main highlights.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Much better!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Fire the Ursus Claws!

"available soon"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

xtothez posted:

That's a good doggy.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, check out the new AT industrial scenery set. There's many smaller bits which are too small to make meaningful (LOS-affecting) terrain, but make great base decoration and you get a lot of them in the box. They make a welcome change from putting the same broken buildings on every base for a sense of scale. There's even stuff suitable for Knight bases, like barrels & ammo crates. I primed everything yesterday with my Warbringer, and will be adding some to my older titans once painted.

Does it have a tiny Angron for stepping on by chance?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Knobb Manwich posted:

Does it have a tiny Angron for stepping on by chance?

I love the scene in Solar War when Angron is screaming in front of the gates of the imperial palace and they just get a Warlord to shoot him in the face with a volcano cannon to shut him up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Strobe posted:

It's time for tiny planes

Not quite done, but I'm really happy with how this is coming out so far.

How did you get the highlights on the panel lines so clean? That looks fantastic.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Xenomrph posted:

How did you get the highlights on the panel lines so clean? That looks fantastic.

I can recommend a rigger brush if you need to do a lot of long thin straight lines.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Z the IVth posted:

I love the scene in Solar War when Angron is screaming in front of the gates of the imperial palace and they just get a Warlord to shoot him in the face with a volcano cannon to shut him up.

Hmm maybe I should keep reading the 30k books. I stopped when I realised the previously C list authors were doing every other book.

Randomly, how are little marines in kill team? I have a shameful amount from years ago, was thinking about getting into kt and painting them as templars who hate their untrusted bigly cousins.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

I stopped when I realised the previously C list authors were doing every other book.

That's still a thing.

Graham McNeill!
:argh:

E: what is that gif in your profile about

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Xenomrph posted:

A size 1 Rosemary brush, appropriately thinned paint, a coat of gloss varnish before I started so I could just wipe off mistakes, and a lot of patience.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

JcDent posted:

That's still a thing.

Graham McNeill!
:argh:

E: what is that gif in your profile about

I like Graham McNeil fite me. Guy Haley/James Swallow/Nick Kyme suuuuuuck.

It's a gang tag for assassin's creed odyssey.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Siege of Terra stuff has been actually good through two books so far.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

I like Graham McNeil fite me. Guy Haley/James Swallow/Nick Kyme suuuuuuck.

It's a gang tag for assassin's creed odyssey.

Graham can't write a battle scene to save his life and none of his duels have any tension.

And yet Mechancium was still better than Fulgrim.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
He writes Ad Mech very well. It's just that his Space Marines suck. Well, his Iron Warriors aren't bad.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/212979b9.pdf

FAQ update for Titanicus. Fixes / clarifies a bunch of stuff, but the big change is the long overdue Acastus nerf:

• Doubled in points
  • 1-2 knights per banner
  • Must be taken as reinforcements, not part of a lance.
  • Max 1 banner per maniple / lance.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
They also changed how Fortidus works. Their Titans no longer count as the type they replaced, which is a pretty big deal.

Vulcanum/Dark Fire can have two Princeps in a single maniple now.

Edit: they also went with the really bad take on merging void shields.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
On the whole this seems like a really solid FAQ. The Acastus being made an actual choice, while retaining its firepower, seems like a good resolution.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah I think everything they changed is pretty reasonable other than my annoyance with the merging rules. I'm surprised they decided to change the Warp Runners and Fortidus traits, but they were both pretty strong options so it makes sense. Good to have confirmation of what all the new weapon traits mean.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Just got pictures from user Madness of the High Elf fleet I'd had them 3d print me for some old school Man 'o War, and was so stoked at how well they came out that I wanted to share the gallery here. Can't wait to get them in my grubby hands and get some paint on them. :dance:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Aniodia posted:

Just got pictures from user Madness of the High Elf fleet I'd had them 3d print me for some old school Man 'o War, and was so stoked at how well they came out that I wanted to share the gallery here. Can't wait to get them in my grubby hands and get some paint on them. :dance:

Oh my god these are lovely

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

ineptmule posted:

Oh my god these are lovely

Yeah seriously, those look really great. Are they done with a resin printer?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Yeah, they're resin printed. I'd tried to print one of the patrolships (the equivalent of a Hawkship) on my local library's abs printer, and it looked like trash. So I went looking in SA-Mart to see if anyone offered a resin printing service, as well as how much it would cost to make my whole fleet.

I'd seen a few mentions for a Sparkmaker desktop resin printer for like, 200ish, and while it would definitely do what I needed it to do, I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much for something I'd only use for this one job. So I'd seen someone else looking for a D&D miniature to be made in SA-Mart, and Madness spoke up as having a 3d resin printing service. A few days and a flurry of PMs back and forth, and now we're here, and at a quarter of the cost of the Sparkmaker (shipping included).

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Gosh those are nice looking ships. I considered trying to print some epic proxies through the library for it didn't seem to have the resolution, then spent 5 minutes telling myself a resin printer was totally a good idea before coming to my senses. Never occurred to me that people would be running their own print services!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Necromunda question: if I have a guild alliance, and then become an outlaw gang, does my alliance break automatically? I can see I have to test the alliance (I did and passed). But I'm a bit suspicious that you can be an outlaw and and still retain a guild alliance.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Genghis Cohen posted:

Necromunda question: if I have a guild alliance, and then become an outlaw gang, does my alliance break automatically? I can see I have to test the alliance (I did and passed). But I'm a bit suspicious that you can be an outlaw and and still retain a guild alliance.

You're testing the alliance at a penalty of 3 to your roll, if you can somehow manage to pass that you'll keep your guild buddies.
It's generally meant to be difficult to keep your allies when you switch alignment, but not entirely impossible.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I picked up a box of AI thunderbolts and the Rynn's World book over the weekend. I'm about to start building my first plane and I'm wondering if there's any sort of conventional wisdom on missiles/bombs. My initial thought is to load up on skystrike missiles because it seems more likely that thunderbolts would be engaging other planes rather than ground targets/objectives. Am I wrong here? Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They're too small to care about on the table, so go with what looks cool to you.

But yes, I think for Imperials ground attack other than Avengers strafing, would be done by the bombers.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Merton Blask posted:

You're testing the alliance at a penalty of 3 to your roll, if you can somehow manage to pass that you'll keep your guild buddies.
It's generally meant to be difficult to keep your allies when you switch alignment, but not entirely impossible.

Thanks, got it. I had tested the alliance and forgotten the +3 bonus, however I had rolled a 1 and I didn't use the alliance benefits in that particular round anyway.

I'd probably rather be a law-abiding gang in the long run, but for now I will go with the benefits and get some sweet black market gear using my free Scabber's savvy trader ability. Honestly I think the L&M campaign just has too many special rules piling up that add freebies. Its getting hectic.

My group is fun and has some good guys with bizarre conversion ideas. We've got one gang using Venators as Squats. One with Venators as goblin revolutionary kommittee. My Orlocks, Escher, Enforcer, 2 Helot Chaos cults. One other enforcers gang and one Goliath gang will probably flake.

Downside is there is a significant gap in rules knowledge and player skill. We really have to walk a couple of the players through it. When you're semi-teaching, the insanity of all these ZANY intrigues, alliances, racket boons and outlaw/lawful bonuses are really not what you want to deal with!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

They're too small to care about on the table, so go with what looks cool to you.
WYSIWYG within my armies is very important to my playing experience. :colbert:

Skystrikes it is.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Safety Factor posted:

Skystrikes it is.

I just left my hardpoints empty. If I need to make something WYSIWYG I'll just blu-tak a mount on there and call it good.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Safety Factor posted:

Skystrikes it is.

what you see is what you get but ain't nobody seeing the underside of your tiny plane wings

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So I've been thinking on the changes in the AT FAQ for Fortidus, because my buddy plays them, and I think the change to their trait opens up a really strong option for them: Replacing a Warhound in the new Mandatus maniple with a second Warlord. This jumps up the firepower a bunch, obviously, but it also is a huge boost to the second part of the maniple trait. Now you've got two 12" bubbles of +1 to hit for the Warhounds. Playing with some aggressive Warlords that want to push up into the midfield to challenge any opposing objectives or other close range titans means anything that does try to get in close to them is going to get shredded by Warhounds. And in a larger game you could still probably slip in a Knight banner or support titan depending on how many Warhounds you field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Ok, so I bought a box of Escher and also ordered a forgeworld weapon kit. The aim here is to make the Necromunda gang I never had as a teenager since nobody played Necro where I lived. Is this a decent team? I'm trying to get some use out of the weapon kit and not just make everyone too much the same. Checking here before I start to glue stuff, maybe you have some ideas how to make it more interesting. I already ditched the chem thrower idea, even though I think the weapon looks cool, due to how badly people rate it.

Leader
plasma pistol, power sword, lasgun

Champ 1
plasmagun, lasgun

Champ 2
combi-weapon, stiletto sword, chem-syth, lasgun

Ganger 1
lasgun

Ganger 2
lasgun

Ganger 3
lasgun

Ganger 4
lasgun

Ganger 5
shotgun, acid rounds

Juve
Two stub guns, dumdum bullets

Looking at it, it'd be fun to get a chainsword in there maybe? Ditch the shotgun and use the money for one on the plasmagun champ?

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 2, 2020