Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I beat the final boss in tms in like, 5 turns bc sessions and duets are really quite powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Do we know anything about the conditions for duets popping up during sessions?
Just got them a bit ago but it seems like they pop up all the time during random battles and let you completely cheese them, but only pop up toward the end of boss battles when you've almost won to at least maintain a modicum of challenge.
Or is that just my imagination and when they pop up is just purely random?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GameDataLibrary/status/1232661415506436096

Persona 5 Scramble topped the Japanese sales charts, though that difference in sales between Switch and PS4 probably indicates they're not going to make any major platform changes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Physical sales only, Nintendo eshop charts have strikers in the top 5.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I read somewhere that if you preorder P5 Royal you get all the P5 DLC for free. Is it true?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vincent posted:

I read somewhere that if you preorder P5 Royal you get all the P5 DLC for free. Is it true?

Actually, all the original DLC is gonna be free for everyone, not just preorders, apparently.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Cool. Yeah, it’s worded weird, but looks like we’ll get the dlc regardless?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It looks like Strikers is...good!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is Joker mostly unvoiced in this?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

On one hand, the fact that Joker is still unvoiced is annoying.

On the other hand, Hee Ho!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't self-insert on someone who has a voice

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
P5S seems like a real good game but all of the thematic problems people have beef with in P5 100% continue into this story

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Add Jack Frost to Smash.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Add Jack Frost to Smash.

All three Jack Bros. One better than the Ice Climbers.

King Frost is the final smash. HEE HO

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blockhouse posted:

P5S seems like a real good game but all of the thematic problems people have beef with in P5 100% continue into this story

The story's so sidestory epilogue vacation that getting any meaning from it is fruitless

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

AFashionableHat posted:

All three Jack Bros.

Can't believe you'd do Hairy Jack dirty like that

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Welp, I admit I was hoping for too much :(

I hope the gameplay is fun though.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Dragonatrix posted:

Can't believe you'd do Hairy Jack dirty like that

Virtual Boy is canon

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

AFashionableHat posted:

King Frost is the final smash. HEE HO

Only if we give them an alt costume that's all black and red, for all three of them.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

AFashionableHat posted:

Three Jacks in a trenchcoat.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Cleretic posted:

Only if we give them an alt costume that's all black and red, for all three of them.

That’s their default costume now.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

W.T. Fits posted:

:ninja: "Act Hee-ho~ey enough, dammit!"

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I love how the development team of #FE apparently put so much time and resources into making flashy anime music videos that they had to fill out the game's length with a whole chapter (5) that consists entirely of revisiting earlier dungeons, culminating in a boss fight with a palette swap of one of your party members. Not implying that they didn't have their priorities straight when making the game though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1235376497520566272?s=19

F

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

mesmerizing

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Royal released a week early in Spain due to the lockdown. You get 50,000 yen for having a P5 save, but I don't know about DLC (I hadn't downloaded any and they haven't updated the store page...).

Re: homophobic caricatures. They're still there, but instead of being as overtly horny for Ryuji, they try to bully him into dressing in drag and imply they'll do things to him if he doesn't. Hardly an improvement.

Spermando fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 29, 2020

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Unless I'm misremembering, they seem much better in Royal (admittedly, the bar is on the floor in the original) and don't bully or threaten him into it, just say he has potential?

Also speaking of Persona 5, a thread just got made for the rerelease! :)

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Spermando posted:

Re: homophobic caricatures. They're still there, but instead of being as overtly horny for Ryuji, they try to bully him into dressing in drag and imply they'll do things to him if he doesn't. Hardly an improvement.

price is right losing horn.wav

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean also its a hasty translation change not an actual change in the jp script, so regardless of how good the change is (not very) it still doesnt show any actual change in thought on the parts of the actual developers

compare it to like, the yakuza games removing a couple transphobic sidequests in all regions

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Endorph posted:

i mean also its a hasty translation change not an actual change in the jp script, so regardless of how good the change is (not very) it still doesnt show any actual change in thought on the parts of the actual developers

compare it to like, the yakuza games removing a couple transphobic sidequests in all regions

oh, it wasn't also changed in the jp script for royal?? was under the impression that it was, that's disappointing. :( i'm unfamiliar with the yakuza games, the devs removed those sidequests for the recent rereleases of their games because they realized they sucked, right?

hopefully atlus follows in their footsteps and gets a new, non bigoted director + dev team for persona 6!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, they did, the Yakuza producer said so

quote:

However Yakuza is a work that was launched in 2009. Some things that were considered OK at the time are not as good as the current moral values. You know, Japan’s social atmosphere has also changed a lot in recent years, so there have been slight changes.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Booky posted:

oh, it wasn't also changed in the jp script for royal?? was under the impression that it was, that's disappointing. :( i'm unfamiliar with the yakuza games, the devs removed those sidequests for the recent rereleases of their games because they realized they sucked, right?

hopefully atlus follows in their footsteps and gets a new, non bigoted director + dev team for persona 6!

The director and many core team members of P5 all moved to a new division of Atlus separate from the Persona team.
So assuming all this stuff is true, around 2030 we can look forward to Persona 6 not having that type of stuff and also look forward to the offensive gay stereotype character in Project Re: Fantasy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I see an update on this thread, I'm hoping we get some SMT V news.

Alas. :sigh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Item Getter posted:

The director and many core team members of P5 all moved to a new division of Atlus separate from the Persona team.
So assuming all this stuff is true, around 2030 we can look forward to Persona 6 not having that type of stuff and also look forward to the offensive gay stereotype character in Project Re: Fantasy.

Get the OG crew back dammit.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Every time I see an update on this thread, I'm hoping we get some SMT V news.

Alas. :sigh:

once p5 finally came out we really should've seen smtv being the new p5 coming

maybe it'll be on the switch 2........

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just wish they stop running the same jokes again and again. Do we need to visit the beach and hotsprings every time

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Get the OG crew back dammit.

I'm wary of that being a good idea after Caligula Effect, which was full of fat jokes and a trans character that was poorly executed (not exactly maliciously, but really badly thought out).

Just give it to either the TMS team or the Dx2 team. They both have shown they can write likeable characters and the mobile game has at least one canon gay character (as well as a few implied) whose homosexuality isn't treated as a joke.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I just wish they stop running the same jokes again and again. Do we need to visit the beach and hotsprings every time

As long as they keep emphasizing the social sim aspects and tie it to high school. This isn't going away anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

There are a lot of gags you can do in a hot spring besides "Boys and girls wind up in the same hot springs, girls freak out and beat boys up." This joke has been repeated in 3, 4, and apparently in 5S going by the trailers.

Heck, you could just have the guys be the ones to flip out and accuse the girls of being perverts for a change. That'd at least be something different.