Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

The one where we spitefully refused to vote Raven out just to annoy Jerusalem?

The last bastion of decency and decorum on this lawless forum :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Goons can have a little spiteful voting as a treat

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Raven should have stayed in longer

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

Goldberg should still be in, and win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I Before E posted:

Raven should have won

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

HM: Austin Theory vs Tommaso Ciampa from this weeks NXT Feb 26.

I went in expecting to hate this after the way Theory was punked out on last weeks show. I was expecting this to be a squash however, Theory looked like a star here and it was a great match.

You should watch Theory-Strong from the Christmas NXT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If a match crosses the voting threshold, it goes on the list. It's as simple as that :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looked these matches up online to see if they were as bad as they sounded on paper. They weren't. They were worse.

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Ricochet for the WWE Championship - WWE Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia.
WMOTYC: The Fiend Bray Wyatt (C) vs. Bill Goldberg for the Universal Championship - WWE Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia.

These were both dogshit but if I had to pick the worst it would be Brock vs. Ricochet. That was pathetic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Looked these matches up online to see if they were as bad as they sounded on paper. They weren't. They were worse.

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Ricochet for the WWE Championship - WWE Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia.
WMOTYC: The Fiend Bray Wyatt (C) vs. Bill Goldberg for the Universal Championship - WWE Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia.

These were both dogshit but if I had to pick the worst it would be Brock vs. Ricochet. That was pathetic.

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brock viciously, effortlessly brutalized a cop for two minutes straight for our enjoyment, he is a comrade and deserves your respect

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

The Sting/HHH match got both the WMOTY and MOTY nods, the sanctity has been shot for a while.

If it needed to be said, I wasn't being entirely serious about the sanctity of posters on a dead comedy forums opinions on wrestling matches.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Brock viciously, effortlessly brutalized a cop for two minutes straight for our enjoyment, he is a comrade and deserves your respect

Goldberg tried to kill noted Nazi The Undertaker by dropping him on his skull at another blood money show, so that's two comrades as champs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i thought it was taker that tried to kill goldberg, after trying to kill... aiden english??

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

i thought it was taker that tried to kill goldberg, after trying to kill... aiden english??

Goldberg gave Undertaker a shoot brainbuster instead of jackhammer

lmao who bought this dumb poo poo, i didnt even watch the saudi show

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

spite is an extremely powerful motivational tool of democracy

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Cmon guys.

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs Ricochet from Saudi Blood Money Show. This is the worst wrestling match I've ever seen.

sportsgenius86 posted:

You should watch Theory-Strong from the Christmas NXT

I saw this too and it was great. Theory is the opposite of what I look for in a wrestler (fat guys) and he's extremely good at only 22.

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 29, 2020

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Can we nominate the whole show? It's definitely a strong contender for "worst show of the year" and we're only in February.

Brockle Snar v. Rick O'Shea could have been pretty decent, since Brock tends to match up really well with bouncier (comparatively) smaller guys. His match with Eddie back in '04 is still one of my favourites, but he's had pretty good outings against the likes of Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles and Finn Balor, despite his obvious current limitations, and Ricochet is clearly talented enough that they could have put on a match to work around those and do something interesting. There was also some build towards it, even if it wasn't the best. But instead, gently caress that, let's just throw that poo poo into a toilet and make it a squash.

And then we have the other piece of poo poo. Whether he should have been made champion or not is a pointless argument at this point, because it's already happened. I agree that he probably should not have been put into a programme with Rollins until much later in his reign, but it is what it is. Either way, he's a character that, at this stage at least, has to be consistently dominant and winning, because I'm not sure if there is still enough there to be able to withstand a loss without it looking lovely. Goldberg, also, is defined by the fact that "Goldberg wins." It's what his career was made out of. It was completely unnecessary, and it does absolutely nothing. Goldberg looks like a shitcunt who's gots to goes overs, it makes Wyatt look like a loser idiot again and honestly, I think instead of this being hated in isolation, it feels more like it's just some people reaching their breaking point, like "oh gently caress this loving poo poo." Go gently caress yourself Vince, I hope you choke on your precious Saudi dollars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Caristico and Forastero vs Volador Jr and Cavernario in the finals of one of 1,000 tournaments CMLL is running this year. CMLL, 2/28

Good tag with a fantastic dive from Forastero.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Brockle Snar v. Rick O'Shea could have been pretty decent, since Brock tends to match up really well with bouncier (comparatively) smaller guys. His match with Eddie back in '04 is still one of my favourites, but he's had pretty good outings against the likes of Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles and Finn Balor, despite his obvious current limitations, and Ricochet is clearly talented enough that they could have put on a match to work around those and do something interesting. There was also some build towards it, even if it wasn't the best. But instead, gently caress that, let's just throw that poo poo into a toilet and make it a squash.

In Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Al Pacino's character warns DiCaprio's that an old TV trick is to get the stars of older shows to guest star on a new show and get their rear end kicked by the lead character, because subconsciously the viewer isn't looking at the character currently being played or even the actor, but the old character from the show they used to love getting his rear end beat by the new hot thing to prove they're better.

Vince McMahon clearly tries to avoid that by doing the opposite and having the old guy from 20+ years ago effortlessly beat the rear end of the younger current top guys. It's a winning strategy that is sure to benefit Vince in the long term!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Brock's a homophobic shitlord, and he may be a good wrestler, but he's no fuckin comrade of mine

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Ho-lee poo poo you weren't kidding. I thought there would be more to them than the gifs I saw, but nope. Trash all around.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Caristico and Forastero vs Volador Jr and Cavernario in the finals of one of 1,000 tournaments CMLL is running this year. CMLL, 2/28

Good tag with a fantastic dive from Forastero.

2nd

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: Viktor Tykki vs The San, 2/29 FCF Myrskyvaroitus

I didn’t have massively high expectations because The San has never really wowed me in the ring that much, but Viktor Tykki is just an incredibly solid pro wrestler who’s apparently able to have a fantastic match with anyone. Dude could be a big deal anywhere in the world... and I hope he is a few years down the line.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Holy gently caress these matches are insulting

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Dustin Rhodes vs Jake Hager, AEW Revolution 2/29/20

Not only was Hager blown up pretty quickly into the match, it went way too long. But the reason I'm nominating it is because of Dustin Rhodes sexual harassment kiss. Jesus christ.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Not only was Hager blown up pretty quickly into the match, it went way too long. But the reason I'm nominating it is because of Dustin Rhodes sexual harassment kiss. Jesus christ.

Seconded, just a bad call of a match all around

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

Thirded

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I won’t second, but some poo poo should have stayed in the 90s.

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

HM for me

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I'll 2nd MOTYC. That blew me away.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yeah.

HM: Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara AEW Revolution 02/29

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Sammy vs Darby! Crazy poo poo!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

karmicknight posted:

yeah.

HM: Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara AEW Revolution 02/29

Seconded

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

agreed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM from me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Revolution 2/29

Kenny Omega reminding everybody he's one of the greatest wrestlers on the planet... and he was only one of FOUR incredible wrestlers in this match! What an incredible, incredible match. That Young Bucks stealing the Double V-Trigger spot and Kenny's kickout at one spot was sensational.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 1, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: Cowboy Bebop (Adam Page and Kenny Omega vs. The Young Bucks, AEW World Tag Team Title Match AEW Revolution, 02/29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Revolution 2/29

Kenny Omega reminding everybody he's one of the greatest wrestlers on the planet... and he was one of only FOUR incredible wrestlers in this match! What an incredible, incredible match. That Young Bucks stealing the Double V-Trigger spot and Kenny's kickout at one spot was sensational.

Absolutely loving yes