Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Had to go to Home Depot for something else, sold out of hand sanitizer.

Me: Home Depot was out of hand sanitizer too. Maybe we should just make our own. lol.
Husband: I mean it wouldn't be that hard.
Me: Yeah, it's just glycerin and alcohol, right?
Husband: Yeah, think so.
Me: :stare:
Husband: :stare:
Me: OK, but not today, like later, if things start to get really bad
Husband: Yeah, yeah.
Me: :stare:
Husband: :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Funny enough, right when this whole thing was starting to go off a month back I finally got around to doing my earthquake kit stuff.
Water in Seattle is really tasty so I just bought water purification kits instead of bottles of water though. Really don't feel like having 14 gallons of water sitting around.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

for goons who don't know history and are somehow managing to confuse that guy with a pink triangle on his jacket with a right wing conspiracy theorist, he's protesting the early federal response to the HIV epidemic which at the time was viewed as a "gay disease" and so not really worth bothering with

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/02/09/689924838/how-to-demand-a-medical-breakthrough-lessons-from-the-aids-fight

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

twoday posted:

This or “empty shelves”

Looks like there is panic buying in Japan and for some reason also New Zealand
People are panic buying toilet paper in Japan based on a rumour lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

thread title please

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How long until the first goon gets it? I'm thinking 10 days. I hope they live.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is anybody actually worried about this dumb bullshit
me only because I have zero faith in america's systemic ability to cope with a health crisis should it escalate

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

eric ciaramella posted:

thread title please

definitely.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Loadin up on topo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Dustcat posted:

for goons who don't know history and are somehow managing to confuse that guy with a pink triangle on his jacket with a right wing conspiracy theorist, he's protesting the early federal response to the HIV epidemic which at the time was viewed as a "gay disease" and so not really worth bothering with

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/02/09/689924838/how-to-demand-a-medical-breakthrough-lessons-from-the-aids-fight

"is similar to [x]" and "is [x]" are identical statements, got it.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I live near Portland and needed to buy paper towels and there were people lined up a long way to get to the hand sanitizer that they leave out for shopping carts

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1233887793530707969

We're all going to die part 3942394234234

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cowpocalypse posted:

I live near Portland and needed to buy paper towels and there were people lined up a long way to get to the hand sanitizer that they leave out for shopping carts

honestly you might just want to hit up Target instead if its jsut paper towels. they're about teh same price (though shittier quality)

should be a lot less busy. that's usually my "i dont want to deal with costco crowds and just need one item in semi-bulk quantity" option.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

get out the sharpie

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Target was fully stocked in my area today no one had cleaned it out yet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hey pro tip hit up your local supermercado instead of gringo stores

They had tons of everything at mine lol, it was busy but not panicked

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://youtu.be/kL4bt43dkvg

Come get your Costco!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

just appoint a czar and get out of the way you orange idiot, you can't bluff your way through this

*trump easily bluffs his way through a global pandemic*

Ah, well nevertheless

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

smart and final is a good choice too.

that and then the 99 cent stores as a last result.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

My mom had the coronavirus talk with me because she has multiple auto-immune diseases. She said we have the budget for doubling up or more on the supply of non-perishables when I suggested it. She has Parkinson's, but she only shakes when she gets upset. Such is life now

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Federal aid distribution will 100% depend on voting history. Sorry sanctuary cities, looks like this shipment of masks is headed to Alabama. Better luck next time!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

wow, trump seemed even more unhinged than usual at that rally

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

twoday posted:

Federal aid distribution will 100% depend on voting history. Sorry sanctuary cities, looks like this shipment of masks is headed to Alabama. Better luck next time!

the masks go into Alabama Walmarts where they are sold at a 200% markup

twoday
May 4, 2005

Holland is up to 8 cases in 4 different clusters, within the first 48 hours of the first diagnosis. Off to a strong start!

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1233895725668409354?s=20

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPoPwrQwm_g

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Agronox posted:

wow, trump seemed even more unhinged than usual at that rally
the president has dementia

nobody cares

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

we're all gonna be dead by November, December, January, February, March, SURELY April. By then we'll all be dead from the strangely ineffective superbug that's definitely the apocalypse. You just watch. DEFINITELY by April; no it is not weird that I seem to be cheering for it to be worse than it is.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Everyone, three months from now: What the gently caress am I supposed to do with twenty gallons of hand sanitizer?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SirPablo posted:

Everyone, three months from now: What the gently caress am I supposed to do with twenty gallons of hand sanitizer?

sanitize your hands what else moran

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

GrimGypsy posted:

we're all gonna be dead by November, December, January, February, March, SURELY April. By then we'll all be dead from the strangely ineffective superbug that's definitely the apocalypse. You just watch. DEFINITELY by April; no it is not weird that I seem to be cheering for it to be worse than it is.

Sir this is a CSPAM

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

https://twitter.com/holtbt/status/1233847245822279680

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i sneezed in the walmart and someone pulled out their gun on me

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

:911:

there will be antivirus death squads roaming the streets within hours

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

GrimGypsy posted:

If you are hallucinating such comical strawmen you might want to see a doctor.

Not now though, you should let all healthcare facilities focus on doing their jobs probably.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
lol paranoid and/or delusional people are going to kill more than the virus in the US. As will well off whites hoarding resources and clogging up the healthcare system when they get the sniffles.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Yo quick tip goons, get some hand lotion too because my hands have been dry as gently caress from frequent washing.

Went to the local indochinese store and they had completely stocked shelves of extremely cheap gigantic bags of rice, cheap canned sardines and dace and crab as far as the eye can see, rice noodles, more spices than you could imagine.

I was the only person there, it was great

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

Holland is up to 8 cases in 4 different clusters, within the first 48 hours of the first diagnosis. Off to a strong start!

Pray for Zwarte Piet!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

GrimGypsy posted:

keep loving that strawman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1233900493983932417?s=19

The study found that 7 percent of women didn't wash their hands, and of those who did, 79 percent used soap. Another 15 percent of men didn't wash their hands at all, the study found, and only 50 percent of those who did used soap. 

SirPablo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 1, 2020