Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

gonadic io posted:

just look at this guy's loving tie

ahem

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32770496530.html

or maybe for that extra cyber;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32806831212.html

mirror finish :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

we're the bottom left, just fyi

although row 3 column 3 is close, weird that its not closer on the chart

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SpaceAceJase posted:

yeah they gave ghost in the shell some George Lucas special edition treatment and it all looks like shitt.

oh yeah, they remade the movie for some reason with that poo poo. but also there's a new series coming out and it somehow looks even worse.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

it’s a gits sac so im going to consume it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

infernal machines posted:

oh yeah, they remade the movie for some reason with that poo poo. but also there's a new series coming out and it somehow looks even worse.

i am still willing to be convinced that it comes together as something more like an aesthetic choice with more viewing time though.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
How about that new grimes album?

Can't wait for the cyberpunk2077 cameo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is tonight and I didn't find out until yesterday

unfortunately the rsa conference is in town so the crowd will probably be extra insufferable

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

gonadic io posted:

Sweet, I loved S1. Or the first half of it anyway.

I liked the parts that were actually from the book, and the parts that were new (e.g. Poe Hotel) and weren't the awful and completely baffling Quellcrist Falconer plot insert.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I think the reasoning I saw in an interview with the creator was "she's basically the coolest character and we might only get one season"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

gonadic io posted:

I think the reasoning I saw in an interview with the creator was "she's basically the coolest character and we might only get one season"

So, wrong on both counts?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also you can tell Richard Morgan is more involved in this series because I'm only half way through and already there have been several mentions of alpha males, wolf packs, that kind of thing.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

gonadic io posted:

Also you can tell Richard Morgan is more involved in this series because I'm only half way through and already there have been several mentions of alpha males, wolf packs, that kind of thing.

that sounds like how the second book was. all sorts of mil sf typical themes and less hardboiled detective sf. i expect more ~my envoy conditioning~ too

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

season 2 so far is way more future action adventure than cyberpunk detective story

they have also fallen into the vancouver scifi trap of everything either being megacity one, deep forest or that one rocky beach where they film everything [I just watched swiss army man and the end of the movie is in the exact same spot as the hidden entrance to the mining tunnels]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hey now. sometimes vancouver scifi goes to the Planet Of Yellow Sand that definitely has nothing to do with the north vancouver sulfur works

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they might even visit Cool Futuristic Building #3

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
that's the library

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

qirex posted:

season 2 so far is way more future action adventure than cyberpunk detective story

okay i finished it and yeah it's truer to the books but not as good as s1. i don't really want to watch generic scifi man shoot generic scifi cops and then have a pointless fistfight. i blame richard morgan.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Does anyone else hear similarities between the Risk Of Rain soundtrack and the first few notes of the intro song?

I can't figure out quite what track it is hmm

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

gonadic io posted:

i blame richard morgan.

good call

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it also feels like they just threw a whole bunch of re-sleeving shenanigans in at the end for no reason.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
better to be re-sleeved in hell than de-gloved in heaven

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the vancouver public library is a god tier building

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

gonadic io posted:

okay i finished it and yeah it's truer to the books but not as good as s1. i don't really want to watch generic scifi man shoot generic scifi cops and then have a pointless fistfight. i blame richard morgan.

i mean that does sound like most of his books tbh

i still think it was worse that they changed the envoys from being UN shock troops with kovacs later becoming a committed full communism terrorist to being... idk some sort of home trained activist that learned it all in a forest camp

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

I liked the parts that were actually from the book, and the parts that were new (e.g. Poe Hotel) and weren't the awful and completely baffling Quellcrist Falconer plot insert.

Yea it seemed they merged the two characters of Quell and Virginia Vidaura.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

i still think it was worse that they changed the envoys from being UN shock troops with kovacs later becoming a committed full communism terrorist to being... idk some sort of home trained activist that learned it all in a forest camp

what IS an envoy??
we just don't know

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

sort of home trained activist that learned it all in a forest camp

so forest fremen?

LuckySevens
Feb 16, 2004

fear not failure, fear only the limitations of our dreams

https://twitter.com/VVFriedman/status/1234777634833231874

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Skyscraper posted:

what IS an envoy??
we just don't know

my dude let me tell you about virginia vidura.. .. masturbates for hundreds of pages

like the idea of "UN envoys" being essentially insurgents it pretty funny, they should have kept it in imho

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

my dude let me tell you about virginia vidura.. .. masturbates for hundreds of pages

like the idea of "UN envoys" being essentially insurgents it pretty funny, they should have kept it in imho

UN conspiratorialism is so quaint now. JC, A bomb!!

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
I'm glad that they found an actor with more than one facial expression to play kovacs in s2

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Zlodo posted:

I'm glad that they found an actor with more than one facial expression to play kovacs in s2

For the first few eps I was missing the stoicness/weariness of the old one since that was a key theme of s1. But yeah I warmed up to the s2 guy.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

anthony mackie is a total babe

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Skyscraper posted:

UN conspiratorialism is so quaint now. JC, A bomb!!

Old men, running the world.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

SOY

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

That homeless kid at Battery Park legit :smith:'ed me, then and now.

:(

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

musk lookin low-poly like his truck

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

That homeless kid at Battery Park legit :smith:'ed me, then and now.

:(

However, I also always tazed the gently caress out of the hobo who used to follow you around sarcastically singing "America" so, you know, in conclusion Deus Ex is a Land of Contrasts?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just sent this off to the tshirt printers, if anyone else wants it for similar go right ahead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/661kb553g4gerro/gits_visor2.png?dl=0

should go well on a black or white tee high up on the chest.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

they live (1988)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad