Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

Nice heads!

Here's my WIP idk if I can finish it ever but I'm doing my best to come back to it every while. Maybe if I do finish it I will break the drawing funk curse?
Who knows.

Why aren't there any sci-fi procedural crime dramas? Make a bunch of these and pitch a show because it's bound to be better than Bones.

So many fun pieces in the thread to catch up on. I need to cure my internet shyness and :justpost:

In between figure/gesture practice I decided to try refining some character sketches for another one of the main characters for my comic. Rather than focus on getting anything perfect, I set up a reference and gave myself an hour. Really pointed out the things I have to work on and it was a lot of fun.

First landscape painting. Wanted to see what I could do without looking up any techniques or attempt to figure out what the hell I should be doing. Definitely the most relaxed time I've had with digital art thus far. Reference is a picture of Lake Superior I took last year:

Sketch of Large Martin:

This is as far as I got with the piece on my last post before getting bored of it and moving on:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Kind of a meh Nick Cage but it’s just a warm up so whatever.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Halogens posted:

This is as far as I got with the piece on my last post before getting bored of it and moving on:

I saw the thumbnail and thought 'aw what a good owl' and then I clicked and AAAH

The talons and the relative blank serenity of the owl's face are very good imo. And I like the little stair going around the tower in the back.

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
I like the little door to the owl's left. I know it's an owl face but I can't help but see the beak as an open mouth.

HopperUK posted:

It's adorable! I like it. Just make a copy and fiddle with that if you're worried :)
I'm afraid I can't do that as it would just make too much sense.

First pantry project thing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

bones 4 beginners posted:

I like the little door to the owl's left. I know it's an owl face but I can't help but see the beak as an open mouth.

I'm afraid I can't do that as it would just make too much sense.

First pantry project thing.

Love the colours in this! Also singing guitar bird seems to have teeth which is upsetting.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Colors!

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

HopperUK posted:

Love the colours in this! Also singing guitar bird seems to have teeth which is upsetting.

Thanks, that means a lot as it is the first time I've drawn something without using the color picker at all.

He does indeed have teeth. And an unnatural lust for cheese.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
It's the 1st of March and I picked up some art books to cry over.

Trying to draw human bodies and wishing we were all shapeless blobs, procreate brushes edition.

Did a 'draw an upside down thing' exercise. Did not say 'did it well'.

Cartyisme
Dec 23, 2011
Some Caravaggio studies/parodies and an Olmec Mask. Just goofin' around I guess. All are scans, oil at 12x 16 in. on 15x 22 in. BFK Rives.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

HopperUK posted:

There's a very annoyed Spaniard looking for this guy.

I got paint everywhere doing this but it was worth.

I'm loving how there's this sense of whoosh with how the branches guide your eyes across the painting, and the colours are great!

The Halogens posted:

First landscape painting. Wanted to see what I could do without looking up any techniques or attempt to figure out what the hell I should be doing. Definitely the most relaxed time I've had with digital art thus far. Reference is a picture of Lake Superior I took last year:

Eyyyy this is great! It's like a magical ominous path into the forbidden sea.

Cartyisme posted:

Some Caravaggio studies/parodies and an Olmec Mask. Just goofin' around I guess. All are scans, oil at 12x 16 in. on 15x 22 in. BFK Rives.

Oh god gently caress NO this is the worst part of that painting, why are you doing this, argh. :distonk:

I could work on this for another hour but I dun wanna, it's done.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I could work on this for another hour but I dun wanna, it's done.

There's so much in this to love but for some reason my favourite thing is the traffic whooshes. I adore traffic whooshes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Here's mine for today! I really need to move to bigger canvases so I can use bigger brushes.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Scoss posted:

A smattering of head doodles. Some of em are a bit poo poo, but I've been grinding pretty hard on heads to try to work out some of the wonkyness that sometimes creeps into my head construction, and practicing off-axis perspectives.

I'm a sucker for this stuff. Especially loving the below-chin angle!

I know I haven't been posting even close to as regularly as I used to in here, and that's mostly because I've had my daily rhythm destroyed, but also because I've been working a lot on that game project I've posted about a couple of times before.

Part of the work recently has been for a culture fund grant application, which involved making a trailer for it, so I scrambled this together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ySVyMybeQ

Would have loved to do proper animation for it, but with the very little time I was left to spare there's no way I could have made that in time.

Anyway, I'll try my best to get back into regular dailies again now that the grant application has been submitted.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
It's possible I'll do the 30 days o' plants challenge, but no promises. Because if I promise, then I feel like I have to, and then I don't wanna. My brain is super smart that way.

I did zebra haworthia to kick it off.

oh yeah this is the 30 plants thing courtesy of MadCat:

Edited to add: made a sketch too

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 2, 2020

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

Pantry day 2.

bones 4 beginners fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 2, 2020

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

That's weirdly adorable?! I like it!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Nice prompt lists, March is starting slow for me as a just spend a few days in Zurich and about half that time on the train. Did far less drawing and painting than I thought. I think if I want to do more, I should a) leave my wife at home and b) go in summer.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Keetron posted:

Nice prompt lists, March is starting slow for me as a just spend a few days in Zurich and about half that time on the train. Did far less drawing and painting than I thought. I think if I want to do more, I should a) leave my wife at home and b) go in summer.

This is my favourite one! The perspective and subject and colours are all v nice.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Didn't know what to draw tonight so I fell back onto my old crutch of drawing Touhou.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shinmera posted:

Didn't know what to draw tonight so I fell back onto my old crutch of drawing Touhou.

Girl in red on the left is a big mood right now. Love that style.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Did I say plants? I meant *mumble mumble*

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I was busy last week so I don't know if I'll finish my February castles. This month I want to try to focus on more deliberate practice, so here are some heads. It's surprisingly hard to find reference photos I like just by doing an image search for the word "person."

I also desperately need to break the habit of trying to draw everything the size of a postage stamp.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Continuing to draw UFC fighters cause it's the most I've enjoyed drawing in awhile

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

been drawin

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK posted:

Girl in red on the left is a big mood right now. Love that style.

Thanks! I'm glad I tried something a bit more quirky for once.

Tonight: concept art

Gonna need to do a bunch of iterations on these two.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I frickin love these. Have you drawn Yamper or Boltund?

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

This made me google 'koffing bong' to see if real ones existed(they do) and revealed to me that this is an actual pokemon in the new game.

Pantry day 3

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

This made me google 'koffing bong' to see if real ones existed(they do) and revealed to me that this is an actual pokemon in the new game.

Pantry day 3

Hey it's that peanut guy who died! F.

I like this series, it's a neat little idea.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Pantry day 3

The surrealist in me likes how the top of the can looks like water mid-ripple, because I'm apparently THAT kind of artist.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I tried to draw a horse because I heard they are hard to draw. It's true, they are! Also I failed to leave enough room for the tail.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Medenmath posted:

I tried to draw a horse because I heard they are hard to draw. It's true, they are! Also I failed to leave enough room for the tail.

You should try watching videos of them running! I did that with dogs, and it really gives you a sense of their musculoskelature.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

HopperUK posted:

I frickin love these. Have you drawn Yamper or Boltund?

lmao yes.

edit: here's some more drawin's

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 4, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Got to draw quick but eyes heavy

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Feel free to blame Dupersaurus for this:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yaaaaaaaay :neckbeard:

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
I regret nothing

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:getin:

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

HopperUK posted:

Hey it's that peanut guy who died! F.

I like this series, it's a neat little idea.

Yeah it's been fun so far. Glad Keetron mentioned it, I'm so out of the loop on the various prompts and challenges.

Xanderkish posted:

The surrealist in me likes how the top of the can looks like water mid-ripple, because I'm apparently THAT kind of artist.

Gotta keep those nuts hydrated.

Day 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

That new brush feel :yum: