Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Holy poo poo Mirko is great. Probably a good thing Deku never interned with her though, feels like he'd learn all the wrong lessons from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
We know what Crust's Quirk is!

And also, this confirms that High-Ends do maintain some personality of their previous 'life' and that they are made from corpses, not just 'bodies'...

Which brings us back to a previous point... is Kurogiri technically a Nomu?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
gently caress yeah Mirko. Angelic Johnny and Moca were also great.

Junpei posted:

And also, this confirms that High-Ends do maintain some personality of their previous 'life' and that they are made from corpses, not just 'bodies'...

Which brings us back to a previous point... is Kurogiri technically a Nomu?

Pretty sure you answered your own question. So yes.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 1, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is Mangaplus not working for anyone else? It stops loading without showing any manga be it on the main screen or directly from a manga link.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
no one in this comic has ever loved anything as deeply as Mirko loves kicking bad guys in the head

she makes Bakugo look like a loving Mormon

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is Mangaplus not working for anyone else? It stops loading without showing any manga be it on the main screen or directly from a manga link.

I think the website is being slow from everyone reading. Give it a few minutes and it should work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You can also use Viz's SJ site if you live in the US.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mirko's only two reactions to losing an arm being "ow, that smarts" and "probably should make a tourniquet for it already"... :allears:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Miruko is the loving best.
Nothing will ever stop me from thinking such - and she really, really, REALLY needs to take Deku on as an intern.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, have Miruko and Bakugo ever interacted with each other before? If not, they should.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I mean, how often does she get to tear someone's head off? Must be like Christmas for her right now.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1234168433572376577?s=09

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Man, she ripped that Nomu's head clean off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think this means she's gonna die, I think it just means he has to move on from this particular fight.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Latest chapter from Viz if you like to read side-by-side instead of up-to-down -- especially with the splash pages this chapter: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-262/chapter/20088?action=read

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1234168417017458688

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Big fan of the surprised eyeball flying away when she crushes that head. I wonder if that's gonna make it into the anime.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
NO.
STOP IT.
BAD THOUGHTS. MIRUKO WILL BE FINE.

Edit: also, thanks for the SJ tip - seeing the splash pages side by side is awesome this chapter! The paneling really makes the action pop.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 1, 2020

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mirko and Bakugo would be the best team up, second only to Mirko and Burnin'

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I like that Mirko’s moves are all “Luna X” because she’s the rabbit on the moon.

Also the description of her quirk made me chuckle

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Too easy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Miruko is the loving best.
Nothing will ever stop me from thinking such - and she really, really, REALLY needs to take Deku on as an intern.

"If I hurt this arm too many more times, I could lose it."

"Pfft, so? You got three other limbs, right?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Deku needs to lose his arm and get it replaced by a mechanical arm designed to channel the force of OFA but if he uses it too much it breaks.

Also he needs a sword that he can rev up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mirukowns

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Miruko spin-off when????

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm a little surprised Skeptic had no clue that Hawks was on the take.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I really like the detail of Mirko using her own hair as a makeshift tourniquet. Like goddamn, how strong is her hair to even be able to stop her from bleeding out.

It also speaks to how fragile the Paranormal Liberation Front actually is that Skeptic immediately casts all the blame on Twice rather than admit that he hosed up on his surveillance of Hawks.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Hori's biggest mistake is not making the story about the adult heroes and focusing on Deku. Because I could read volumes of Mirku just tearing up everything with a single minded passion.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

There's a lot of great panels this week but this one is my favorite

it's like a horror reveal panel, but for the nomu's perspective

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

amigolupus posted:

I really like the detail of Mirko using her own hair as a makeshift tourniquet. Like goddamn, how strong is her hair to even be able to stop her from bleeding out.

It also speaks to how fragile the Paranormal Liberation Front actually is that Skeptic immediately casts all the blame on Twice rather than admit that he hosed up on his surveillance of Hawks.

Hair is actually pretty strong! Especially with a good bundle of it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will never complain about women not getting to do things in this manga ever again

okay no that's a lie I almost definitely will but I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts because hot drat

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

rannum posted:

There's a lot of great panels this week but this one is my favorite

it's like a horror reveal panel, but for the nomu's perspective

I'm the HNNNNGHH

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also, can we appreciate how she's not just the angriest badass rabbit, she's also ... a loving luchador?

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1234168426462998528?s=19

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Judging from her comments and reactions, Mirko wanted to kick someones head off while fighting villains for long, long time. Also yes, that panel of Mirko rising from debris with unhinged grin on her face owns. :allears:

I hope she ends up teaching at U.A. as a part of her recuperation or something.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 1, 2020

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Mirko Hero Academia when

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Lt. Lizard posted:

That puts her within meeting distance of Mei, so yes, that would be a great thing for her to do

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Judging from her comments and reactions, Mirko wanted to kick someones head off while fighting villains for long, long time. Also yes, that panel of Mirko rising from debris with unhinged grin on her face owns. :allears:

Alternatively it's less that she wanted to and more that it's really really really hard for her not to. Which gives me the idea that the only reason she's #5 and not #1 already is because she expends 90% of her effort in a fight holding back enough to not immediately kill every single problem.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Latest chapter from Viz if you like to read side-by-side instead of up-to-down -- especially with the splash pages this chapter: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-262/chapter/20088?action=read

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1234168417017458688

buried in there I also found this piece of fanart that I thought was kinda cool

https://twitter.com/flores_gasper/status/1233915174962302977

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I’ve been waiting for Deku to bust out a Lunar Phase since he debuted Shoot Style, but I’ll take Mirko doing it instead. Deku still needs to intern underneath her pronto

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Mirko can do anything a rabbit can, but what they don't realize is that she has the powers of a very specific rabbit.

She has the durability of Bugs Bunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Pyroi posted:

Mirko can do anything a rabbit can, but what they don't realize is that she has the powers of a very specific rabbit.

She has the durability of Bugs Bunny.

Her assault of the lab is the perfect chance for a "What's up, Doc?"