Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Okay, I need a loving Magmar or Magbii, is there a way to reset Mirage locations in ORAS quickly? I have no idea what my options are in Friend Safari because I haven't tried it yet but I can probably get a more immediate answer here.

e: I've answered my own question and immediately gotten Magar, but I'd still like to know about the Mirage locations. I didn't get any by going online earlier.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

The best part is that a Punk Rock-boosted Overdrive is better than a Technician-boosted Shock Wave anyway. Not to mention Boomburst and all that :v: I guess maybe you could abuse a 60 BP Acid Spray?? Maybe???? Or if Toxtricity becomes meta somehow and Throat Chop/Soundproof start appearing everywhere, it could be a fakeout set??????????

Shock Wave/Acid Spray/Taunt/Toxic works fine.

Punk Rock is definitely better, though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the DLC to drop and they run another Starter event, except now they can potentially Gigantamax, making this one entirely pointless

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Emong posted:

Punk Rock is definitely better, though.

Hell yeah brother

I know I’m taking this out of context but I don’t care

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for the DLC to drop and they run another Starter event, except now they can potentially Gigantamax, making this one entirely pointless

I can't wait for it to be revealed in Isle of Armor that Mustard can teach ANY loving pokemon to gigantamax thus making all this previous pain and suffering loving moot.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Flopsy posted:

I can't wait for it to be revealed in Isle of Armor that Mustard can teach ANY loving pokemon to gigantamax thus making all this previous pain and suffering loving moot.

I wish for this. I want my Shield applebros to be GMax.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

I wish for this. I want my Shield applebros to be GMax.

I just feel it would be a very gamefreak-esque thing to do creating a limited time desperate demand then turning around and going:

"Haha nah guys this guy'll fix you up no sweat! Whaddia mean you broke yourself upon the rocks of our online services? What a silly thing to do lol"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I bought Ultra Sun since I’m on a bit of a Pokémon kick after putting 100+ hours into Shield. I named my kiddo Yennefer and plan to only dress her in the least appropriate clothing for the climate.

Got a Jolly Litten on my first try, praise Arceus. I am gonna trade a Jolly Rowet over from Moon and they’re gonna be best buddies taking down all the baddies together.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Does anyone have a Marshadow they're interested for trading something in Sword? I'm considering putting my Zacian on HOME trade but I'd like to avoid getting a Marshadow with a streamer nickname or something.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Something weird happened because I can no longer X -> + to access the world map in sword/shield. The buttons themselves are working fine. Am I going crazy?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
just got a Raikou for a Sableye. no nickname, not 6IVs, probably not hacked. wild.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget to collect your ranked prizes for last month and do a battle for ranked prizes this month too.

I just got myself a cool 100 BP, 2 Ability Capsules, 2 Adamant Mints, and 2 Modest Mints just for doing like one battle each single and double last month.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The end of Pokemon as we know will be when they let us change pokeballs.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

eric ciaramella posted:

Something weird happened because I can no longer X -> + to access the world map in sword/shield. The buttons themselves are working fine. Am I going crazy?

My map + shortcut wasn't available on my x menu earlier today. You aren't crazy. Not sure if it's there now or not but this morning when I was playing it was definitely not.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

They will 100% have an NPC to do this and there's equal certainty that said NPC will ask for payment in the form of gold bottlecaps gigamax pebbles. These items will, of course, be even more annoying to get than searching for gigas normally.

please understand.

Mr Newsman posted:

My map + shortcut wasn't available on my x menu earlier today. You aren't crazy. Not sure if it's there now or not but this morning when I was playing it was definitely not.
That's because it's the first of march!
The first day of every month has the same weather across the entire wild area, and the prompt with the + shortcut is the prompt that tells you about blizzard or thunderstorms "somewhere in the wild area". Because the weather's all the same, that prompt isn't there today! :downs:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The end of Pokemon as we know will be when they let us change pokeballs.

I might actually let out a feral scream of joy if they actually do that.

Blaziken386 posted:

They will 100% have an NPC to do this and there's equal certainty that said NPC will ask for payment in the form of gold bottlecaps gigamax pebbles. These items will, of course, be even more annoying to get than searching for gigas normally.

please understand.

And knowing what a piteous perfectionist fool I am I'd track that poo poo down GLADLY.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 2, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Had a big :psyduck: moment today when attempting to take down a toxitricity with friends

after the first turn, there was a big lag spike, but luckily, I didn't get dropped from the raid. ...This didn't mean that I wasn't disconnected, though. For whatever reason, despite the fact that 99% of the time the game just kicks you out... this time, the game transitioned me into an instanced version of the raid??

Though, amusingly enough, my friend's Eternatus had cosmic power as one of its' moves, and apparently the AI cannot resist using that move, it's not limited to Martin.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blaziken386 posted:

Had a big :psyduck: moment today when attempting to take down a toxitricity with friends

after the first turn, there was a big lag spike, but luckily, I didn't get dropped from the raid. ...This didn't mean that I wasn't disconnected, though. For whatever reason, despite the fact that 99% of the time the game just kicks you out... this time, the game transitioned me into an instanced version of the raid??

Though, amusingly enough, my friend's Eternatus had cosmic power as one of its' moves, and apparently the AI cannot resist using that move, it's not limited to Martin.

What do you mean instanced? I know if someone disconnects they're replaced by an AI. Maybe just everyone disconnected but you?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

RatHat posted:

What do you mean instanced? I know if someone disconnects they're replaced by an AI. Maybe just everyone disconnected but you?

She means the games were split. She was an AI in the game her friends were playing, and her friends were all AIs in the game she was playing. The players started off playing in the same instance but the game was silently split into two different games in response to network issues. She knows this is what happened because she was discussing the raid with her friends and they were seeing different things happen in-game from what was happening in her game.

I'm not surprised that's something the game does. I've never seen a disconnect within a max raid after the opening cutscene starts. Plenty of disconnects up until that point. If they weren't silently replacing players with AIs/splitting raids into instances when one player disconnects, I would imagine you'd see it at least occasionally.

I beat one last Mewtwo last night. And finally got an Ability Capsule for my troubles. We had Grimmsnarl, two Marshadow and my Togekiss. It was a near thing, we had 3 faints and the Mewtwo would have destroyed us after the final attack.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Beat case scenario for the reaching Gmax to whatever you want that I can see happening is that you have to "donate" the Gmax ability of another mon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh holy crap someone actually took my spare Necrozma in exchange for a Zamazenta, that owns. Just need a Melmetal now and my pokedex is basically done.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I just got a Zamazenta for a Marshtomp. I didn’t even take that one seriously. I just put it up on a whim.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Why doesn't Zamazenta learn Body Press? Why doesn't Behemoth Bash act off Defense? Poor useless shield doggo :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dienes posted:

Yup! And that characteristic doesn't pass down through breeding, so you can't make more, either.

That's loving stupid. Also my Pixel 4XL is fine. Try deleting the app and cache and try again?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

eric ciaramella posted:

For me, that option is available when docked, but it disappears when I'm undocked and playing in handheld mode. So it depends on what configuration you're playing the Switch in.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Why doesn't Zamazenta learn Body Press? Why doesn't Behemoth Bash act off Defense? Poor useless shield doggo :(

... seriously? It’s power is based on defense? Ugh why did I feed this doggo so many protein then!!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

... seriously? It’s power is based on defense? Ugh why did I feed this doggo so many protein then!!

Because Zamazenta is still a h*ckin' good girl who deserves pets and treats.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Behemoth Bash doesn't scale on defense. Using protein is fine.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The post you quoted says exactly the opposite. It is lamenting the fact that BB doesn't run off the defense stat.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Quick: best team to grind up for a one-shot of the Elite 4 in Let's Go Eevee? My wife and I have both beat the originals & already played through LG:Eevee and I want to say Sapphire together but we're playing this one a little more permadeathy. If anyone faints we immediately send them over to Prof. Oak so... I'm kinda scared of the endgame here

We're partial to Victreebel & Mr. Mime. After that I think she'd like to keep Graveller. Beyond that we're pretty open. I feel like we can't go wrong with a Charizard and some big electric badass. Help

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just picked up Sword over the weekend and am enjoying it. My early team is the fire monkey, ralts, butterfree, gyrados, the early bird guy, and pikachu.

I'm about level 20 right now, any pokemons I should be looking to add to my team?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Start wonder trading any spare pokemon you get and you may end up with some fun pokemon to play with.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Omnikin posted:

Quick: best team to grind up for a one-shot of the Elite 4 in Let's Go Eevee? My wife and I have both beat the originals & already played through LG:Eevee and I want to say Sapphire together but we're playing this one a little more permadeathy. If anyone faints we immediately send them over to Prof. Oak so... I'm kinda scared of the endgame here

We're partial to Victreebel & Mr. Mime. After that I think she'd like to keep Graveller. Beyond that we're pretty open. I feel like we can't go wrong with a Charizard and some big electric badass. Help

I mean, can't go wrong with dragonite, right?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Omnikin posted:

As long as you're over level 55, you should be fine no matter who you bring in

Fire/Fighting/Electric smashes Lorelei
Psychic annihilates Agatha & Bruno
Electric destroys Lance

Electric, Flying, Fire, Water and Ground are all good against the Champion

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hammerite posted:

The post you quoted says exactly the opposite. It is lamenting the fact that BB doesn't run off the defense stat.

My eyes have deceived me. My doggo is fine then, crisis averted.

Edit: it would be really dumb if it did go off of defense. But Body Press would be cool. I wish it had a better moveset in general. Not much in the way of fighting moves.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 2, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Start wonder trading any spare pokemon you get and you may end up with some fun pokemon to play with.

I got a few surprises, like a wonder traded TV head penguin thing

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This loving game, shiny dyna gengar catch failed immediately. One dude was afk in the whole fight, so we almost failed thanks to that. That's 3 fails on neat mons, this loving game.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PathAsc posted:

This loving game, shiny dyna gengar catch failed immediately. One dude was afk in the whole fight, so we almost failed thanks to that. That's 3 fails on neat mons, this loving game.

Let me embrace you brother for we are as one in this particular flavor of pain. Anointed by fire as they say.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PathAsc posted:

Gmax Raids have a legendary catch rate if you're not host. Yes, it's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Framboise posted:

Gmax Raids have a legendary catch rate if you're not host. Yes, it's bullshit.

The steamiest bullshit there is.