Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

Imagine watching a La Sombra match and thinking "meh, no charisma, slow it down kid"

Also it's sure a weird coincidence how WWE books all the Mexican, Japanese and black wrestlers as "boring"

Why are the guys who are constantly booked in boring 50/50 feuds less over than the dudes that never lose and never look weak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It still cracks me up that Lucha Underground put a mask on Ricochet and had him pretend to be Aztec and made him a star but in WWE he's just some boring dork who a not insignificant part of the audience thinks should be squashed.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Why would you watch wrestling if you hate people that can wrestle? I... I just don't get it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they watch Sports Entertainment

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Goldberg looked great in 2016, he looks like poo poo in 2020.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

It still cracks me up that Lucha Underground put a mask on Ricochet and had him pretend to be Aztec and made him a star but in WWE he's just some boring dork who a not insignificant part of the audience thinks should be squashed.

Dragon Gate got Ricochet over in a country where he doesn't speak the language by just sticking him with first CIMA then Akira Tozawa, and it worked. He's so loving good at wrestling that it should be the easiest thing in the world to get him over.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Its remarkable that the only promotion that seems to have this issue with producing stars in the new era is WWE: almost like the real issue isn't modern wrestlers or modern wrestling but instead the ways that WWE try to push people and the sort of show they produce. AEW don't seem to have this problem (although its only been six months I admit); New Japan don't neither do most Japanese promotions; etc etc. Especially when it comes to people rebelling against new stars: sure in DDT the audience is still relatively cold on Takeshita but its not a "BOOO WE DON'T LIKE YOU" thing; its a "hey you are cool but we don't buy you as the top star yet" thing. Its almost like if you produce a product that isn't utterly dogshit and don't anger your fans for two decades now: when you do something that doesn't hit immediately people are like "hey this isn't working for me yet but I trust them to deliver in the end!" and they give them time.

It all goes back to these people only ever watching WWE and thinking that there's one way to do things; and that if that system isn't working for anyone anymore that its not the system that at fault but those wrestlers. Add in the people that have an idea that the actual matches don't really matter in the context of the actual story (because in WWE they often don't; no matter the story going in the house style is very rigid so you get things like blood feuds starting with crisp technical wrestling exchanges) and you get weird takes like that; since stories surely can only be told in awkward scripted 30 minute promos to start WWE Monday Night Raw

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Bit of a bumper crop today, it seems.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

NJPW should give that young up and comer Tanahashi his big break.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/graphhound/status/1233278924991238147

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

this dude owns lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I usually wouldn't worry about Kurtz deleting tweets but he seems to be subtweeting someone.
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1233569086828949505
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1233578014065209345
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1233576017513603072
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1233578430056280064

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1233603271996080132

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Can't believe this guy has kids

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's funny when guys like that get so upset about seeing people not liking what they like and tell everyone to go away, then cry once again about how others are crying and can't handle this or that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

"If you don't like WWE, go find the door."

Many of us did, and found NJPW and AEW behind it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
those drat millennials, refusing to watch a poo poo product

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goddam millenials is there any industry you won't destroy?! :argh:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"You don't like it? Find the DOOR"

two tweets later

"surely it's every young wrestler that's the reason for these cratering ratings. Either them or the FANS"

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
"they can't handle real life!" I scream at them for criticizing my fake fighting soap opera!

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Mike Kurtz seems to be having a rough time.

Maybe he should join Dark Order and see if that turns things around for him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Taaank58/status/1233666622466011136

https://twitter.com/Taaank58/status/1233667305068015618

I envy those who are still fighting to argue AEW is the same as TNA. Keep fighting the good fight you deluded idiots.

Also did the TNA Mecca nuts disappear or did they jump into WWE now that its become TNA?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wrong thread, this guy rules

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

wrong thread, this guy rules
And, gonna be honest, I had to look at the replies to figure out who it was. To be fair, I'm not used to seeing him not kneeling before his mistress these days.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/WiseDawson/status/1233970385684697093?s=19

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
rovert comparing MJF's tan to blackface :rolleyes:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seams posted:

rovert comparing MJF's tan to blackface :rolleyes:
looooooooooool

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's probably winding you guys up for being mean to Lacey Evans but lmfao that he still obsessively reads this forum. Hi Trevor from County Cork, how ya doin

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Top o’ the mornin’ to ya, me lad!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sometimes I get bored & look at lists on Cagematch. Today I clicked on their list for the highest rated wrestlers in their database at 130kg or higher. Starts reasonable enough, Undertaker, Stan Hansen, WALTER, Shinya Hashimoto, Shuji Ishikawa and then I look down a bit further and see #13. With an average rating of 8.40, putting him above Joe Doering, Terry Gordy, Umaga, Scott Norton, Big Boss Man, Abdullah Kobayashi & plenty other comic big wrestlers is...Dio Maddin? The guy who has never gotten off the NXT Florida house show loop? Anyway, here's the comments on his page

Frank Gotch 2.0, Dio Maddin.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Sometimes I get bored & look at lists on Cagematch. Today I clicked on their list for the highest rated wrestlers in their database at 130kg or higher. Starts reasonable enough, Undertaker, Stan Hansen, WALTER, Shinya Hashimoto, Shuji Ishikawa and then I look down a bit further and see #13. With an average rating of 8.40, putting him above Joe Doering, Terry Gordy, Umaga, Scott Norton, Big Boss Man, Abdullah Kobayashi & plenty other comic big wrestlers is...Dio Maddin? The guy who has never gotten off the NXT Florida house show loop? Anyway, here's the comments on his page

Frank Gotch 2.0, Dio Maddin.

Reckless Youth and Rikidozan, so similar

That has to be a troll.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Reckless Youth and Rikidozan, so similar

That has to be a troll.

Oh, absolutely. He's had 9 votes, 4 at 10, 4 & 9 & then the 1 at 8. I can't comprehend it being sincere and still it's galling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MJF was just doing a werewolf costume

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We did a bit about MJF's tan on the Rudocast AEW Recap and have now dubbed him Maxwell Jaundice Friedman

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Elijah and Seth Rollins look extremely similar in my opinion

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There is some excellent pants making GBS threads going on over this new dave/bischoff twitter spat

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/The__Guru__/status/1234551183467040771?s=20

It's the Faggys what's ruining wrestling!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You know if I saw someone who looked as jacked and mean as Parrow I would, even if I was a piece of poo poo who used homophobic slurs normally, not under any circumstances use them at him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
(if I'm allowed to say that)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Why would say a slur, use it as a clear negative, and then say "if I'm allowed to say that"?

You're not. You know you're not. What was the point of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

four followers guys.