Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

That would have been a hell of a time for Ryans dyspraxia to have made a reappearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davros gonna wheel in begging to be the one to break the vial.

Edit: There's the explanation for the torture scene from last week. Ahahaha his plan is to change from cyborgs to full robots, even the Master is disappointed.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Master has the exact same reaction to the cyber-plan as I do. "Huh. Robots. Thats boring."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh gently caress off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh gently caress off

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'm withholding full scorn because the master lies, but they can gently caress off with that bullshit for a start.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here we go

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SiKboy posted:

I'm withholding full scorn because the master lies, but they can gently caress off with that bullshit for a start.

Yeah, hopefully it's just bullshit, that's an utterly pointless and stupid retcon that adds nothing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha the Last Cyberman was a complete loser who just gets casually murdered :lol:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve lost track of what the Master is talking about here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So I'm guessing the Master is the actual Timeless Child with a mad-on for Gallifrey... still a dumb retcon but better than trying to make it the Doctor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s the stupidest retcon for no reason whatsoever. I’m genuinely annoyed at this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

It’s the stupidest retcon for no reason whatsoever. I’m genuinely annoyed at this.

It adds absolutely no value, it's utterly pointless.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

They were doing the "First regeneration wasnt a native gallifrean" stuff and I was thinking "This is kind of pointless, but harmless", then... That and I literally said out loud "Oh get hosed!".

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

What did it say on the back of the clock? I missed it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Holy poo poo, this has descended into godawful fanwank.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

It really has. loving cyber-masters? And if the bodies could regenerate then how were they dead?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is fanfic level bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SiKboy posted:

What did it say on the back of the clock? I missed it.

"For services to the Division."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Glad to see everyone is enjoying it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"You don't have to come!"

She might have mentioned that BEFORE they stepped through the Boundary.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And so Doctor Who eats itself like a hungry snake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Even the episode itself is saying the retcon is pointless.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ha, Brain of Morbius flashback.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Ha, Brain of Morbius flashback.

Motherfucker is just trolling us now :lol:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wait, so does every 1st Doctor go back to Britain in 1963 to make their TARDIS a police box?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, so does every 1st Doctor go back to Britain in 1963 to make their TARDIS a police box?

No because there was only one and it was William Hartnell and you can just ignore this dumb retcon as either a misdirection or an impossibly stupid fanfic on the level of Ulysses and "half-human on my mother's side".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

No because there was only one and it was William Hartnell and you can just ignore this dumb retcon as either a misdirection or an impossibly stupid fanfic on the level of Ulysses and "half-human on my mother's side".

:hmmyes:

Makes most sense to me.

Wait, where did this TARDIS come from? Did they just stumble across it on the cybership?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, where did this TARDIS come from? Did they just stumble across it on the cybership?

It wasn't clearly shown but I think they transmatted off the ship before it exploded? Gallifrey is still full of TARDISes I guess.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So the Doctor being just a Time Lord who ran away to see the universe wasn’t enough, and now they have to be a super sekrit long term deep cover agent for the CIA?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

None of this makes any loving sense, why don't the CyberLords just shoot the dude?

Edit: Oh they did and it didn't make any difference.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well that was awful.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Looking forward to this to go into the file of retcons that will get ignored once the next showrunner takes over, alongside "The Doctor is Half Human!" and "The Other".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I guess next season will be chasing up the "secret history" of the Doctor and with any luck will wrap up with the reveal that it's all bullshit misdirection, but Jesus Christ what a sour note to end the season with. The best case scenario is this was a lovely arc that'll ultimately be nullified, the worst case scenario is that the showrunner is a glorified fanfic writer.

The cast and especially Whittaker deserve so much better than this.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I was enjoying that well enough up until the big reveal, after that it went downhill in a big way. The reveal sucked, the cyber masters were stupid in a bad way, the cybermen on the ship couldnt hit 2 people running in a straight line away from them from a distance of about 8 feet, it was super unclear how the heroes got from the ship to the TARDIS (I'm totally willing to accept they used the teleporter thing, but it was literally "running down corridor CUT TO ship exploding CUT TO them safe on tardis. Even a line about "we barely made it to the teleporter in time!" would have helped) and similarly no-one shooting grandpa joe when he offered to lay down his own life to save the doctor looked dumb. A line from the master "Dont shoot, you might hit the death particle!" would have done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My pick is that Jo Martin's Doctor is from between 2-3, that this "Division" sent her on missions (AFTER remaining 2 for awhile and doing The Two Doctors :3:) but she didn't like that they were military oriented and used the chameleon arch to turn human and hide from them, and that eventually after meeting 13 she gets caught up with them again and they wipe her memory, regenerate her into 3 and dump her on earth for Spearhead from Space. The Timeless Child or whatever story is true but it's the Master and he's furious that he was used as an experiment and is trying to get revenge on all the Time Lords.

I mean, that's a pointless retcon but it's better than "the Doctor is the super-special secret source of all Time Lord society" which is just... ughhh. gently caress that's awful.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That was not a clean landing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm getting mad about Doctor Who online, what have I become :cripes:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Last weeks episode was my favourite of this series (I can't really explain why so I might be in a minority on that) but I was so disappointed in this episode as the follow up :( Especially the timeless child stuff, that just felt a pointless change to the Doctor's history. I was actually quite liking the Masters explanation of how Time Lords were created (particularly as it was implied the scientist killed the child multiple times to force regenerations while experimenting which is definitely what Time Lords would do) until I realised it was going to be the Doctor and then had it confirmed a few minutes later. Dear BBC please stop messing with the past and just make fun stories again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

The cast and especially Whittaker deserve so much better than this.

And this is the sum total of all of this.
Whittaker has been done rotten by Chibnal.