Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A MIRACLE posted:

I need to catch up on this show, I'm 1500 posts behind in this thread... they're still making it!! Love american dad

They still need to finish 16, Season 17 is still to come, and a month ago it got renewed for an 18 and 19. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I want another Nighthawks episode. Probably my favorite episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That was so good. Shades of proper horror too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I want more Snoop Dogg on this show.

Also: New episodes when?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Eddain posted:

I want another Nighthawks episode. Probably my favorite episode.

It's up there, way up there.. I loved it too. What show can say they've had one of their best episodes show up almost twenty years in? None.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Apparently Dusty Baker is now the manager of the Astros.

That isn't going to help their stealing problems.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm pretty sure Dusty Baker drowned in a giant fish bowl of his own creation.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He stole faking his own death from Elvis and JFK.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hey, how’s Yerhujvah Gina?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey remember that American Dad spec script I sent into Viacom that got me a rejection letter from Nickelodeon's writing program?

It just came in as a quarterfinalist in the latest Scriptapalooza contest. We didn't win but we placed which means it was better than 148 other sitcom spec scripts entered for that half of the year. Only 10 scripts placed higher than ours and only 1 animated script placed higher.

Not too shabby...

Maybe I should tweet it people!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Perhaps you should've written a spec script for a show they run or own the rights to, maybe you would've gotten accepted.

Also, congratulations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's amazing!

I find it really hard to write in script form, so that's super impressive.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
"Rabbit Ears" is on Adult Swim, and it might be the oddest 30 minutes of TV that I've ever been this in love with. Definitely doesn't get any less odd with rewatch. Also Chris Pine is the Hugh Hefner character, which is very cool.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Edward Mass posted:

Perhaps you should've written a spec script for a show they run or own the rights to, maybe you would've gotten accepted.

Also, congratulations.

That's not how it works! You are given a list of Viacom properties to choose from. American Dad was on the list. Nickelodeon shows were not on the list. YOU MUST OBEY THE LIST.

Also, thanks!

As a side note, I used that script to land a writing job for an international brand. They are launching a toy line along with 10 webisodes. I wrote the episodes and the bios that will appear either on their site or on the toy packaging.

I think the point is, if you are missing American Dad during the hiatus, just write your own episode!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am not now, nor have I ever been aware of what this show's schedule is, and as such it's impossible to enjoy a hiatus.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Hey remember that American Dad spec script I sent into Viacom that got me a rejection letter from Nickelodeon's writing program?

It just came in as a quarterfinalist in the latest Scriptapalooza contest. We didn't win but we placed which means it was better than 148 other sitcom spec scripts entered for that half of the year. Only 10 scripts placed higher than ours and only 1 animated script placed higher.

Not too shabby...

Congratulations! Very cool.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

angerbeet posted:

I am not now, nor have I ever been aware of what this show's schedule is, and as such it's impossible to enjoy a hiatus.

It just shows up randomly without warning every so often for us to enjoy

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Majorian posted:

"Rabbit Ears" is on Adult Swim, and it might be the oddest 30 minutes of TV that I've ever been this in love with. Definitely doesn't get any less odd with rewatch. Also Chris Pine is the Hugh Hefner character, which is very cool.

He was? Oh neat! I didn't catch that the first time I watched it!

Rabbit Ears, despite only coming out last year, is a classic episode.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Not too shabby...

Congratulations!

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

angerbeet posted:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I just realized that the recurring detective guy that's always super suspicious of everything is actually a different guy each time lmao.

I'm glad he's not actually dead, then. I like him

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I just realized that the recurring detective guy that's always super suspicious of everything is actually a different guy each time lmao.

Well that one's dead, but yeah, the Turlington will return if they think of a funny bit for him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I never caught that, this show has some surprising lore sometimes.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

"Ha! I was only pretending to be a genius."

I dunno why but that hits perfectly every time. It's like parts of Airplane! or UHF where it's just so loving stupid and amazing it can never go stale.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Well that one's dead, but yeah, the Turlington will return if they think of a funny bit for him.

Wheels and the Legman could use a new partner...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Eddain posted:

Wheels and the Legman could use a new partner...

Rude. Teddy Bonkers is right there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Id do an American Dad spec script where Steve becomes a Ben Shapiro style internet poo poo head.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Id do an American Dad spec script where Steve becomes a Ben Shapiro style internet poo poo head.

MRA makes too much sense here

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Idk I think I like steve too much as a character to want to see that. Besides it's more of a Stan thing I feel

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Milo and POTUS posted:

Idk I think I like steve too much as a character to want to see that. Besides it's more of a Stan thing I feel

Nah, Klause has that niche covered.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah I was gonna say... Klause was revealed to be the internet shithead in a recent season

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Epppiccc faiilll!!!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Last Chance posted:

Yeah I was gonna say... Klause was revealed to be the internet shithead in a recent season

In several actually. Remember that song he composed for Steve?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cant cook creole bream posted:

In several actually. Remember that song he composed for Steve?

Klaus wrote the lyrics, I can't stress that enough, Klaus wrote the lyrics.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I was almost certain this show was written with the aid of an AI algorithm.

Transformer created this and you'd watch it you bastards posted:

On today's American Dad! Francine and Roger team up to attempt the perfect human burrito. They're asked to transport their perfect burrito across the country to a successful delivery person by a guy named Troy. But Roger manages to sabotage the shipment by taking out the gas in his Volkswagen and exposing the food as fart bait, in addition to forgetting to tuck in his children for the trip. They only narrowly escape being sent to a distant galaxy with a broken kitchen, most likely, like in Star Wars, actually farting. The episode, actually made my dad sick.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

...what have you started?

quote:

On this episode of American Dad,  Stan is calling out Stan for being too excited over his new teaching job.  Chad is telling Pete that the house has a picture of Adele's boobs hanging on the wall, and making a frisky face.  Stan agrees with him, and starts to ponder what that means.  Chad invites a very sad puppy for a sleepover.  Stan is not happy about the puppy, and in fact seems pissed that he would accept a home.  He's also bored at work, since Stan thinks Stan is tired for nothing.  But then at the end of the episode, Stan convinces himself that the puppy doesn't need to come home

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

quote:

On this episode of American Dad, the Smiths meet Roger's new persona, Pete Duncan. Pete is a juvenile delinquent from Texas. In order to help his fellow delinquents turn their lives around, Pete asks the Smiths to sell ads on YouTube, allowing him to earn money to send back to his family in Texas. One would assume that the money Pete earns on YouTube should be deposited into an account in Texas, but instead it is deposited into Roger's account.

That sounds like Roger alright.

e: fixed the bolding, and I just realized this is a Texas Pete

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 2, 2020

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Nep-Nep posted:

That sounds like Roger alright.

e: fixed the bolding, and I just realized this is a Texas Pete

It ends with the culprit being a third persona who was framing Roger

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

...what have you started?

quote:

On this episode of American Dad, Stan is calling out Stan for being too excited over his new teaching job. Chad --

Jeff, will you please stop calling yourself Chad? Chad died, okay?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Jeff, will you please stop calling yourself Chad? Chad died, okay?

You talking about Chad? I know, he was great. I've been meeting a lot of adults that knew him. I think that's pretty cool.

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hey is there an episode where someone mentions poached salmon?