Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nate coming out and saying polls are worthless is interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So after months of Biden being unable to speak in public without humiliating himself, failing to campaign effectively or coherently, and having had the GOP openly telegraph their entire oppo campaign, the party is on the verge of effectively ending the primary and handing him the nomination by hook or by crook thus guaranteeing a blowout loss to Trump.

lmao democrats

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Tetracube posted:

lol yeah Biden's going to get an upset victory in multiple states he didn't even campaign in

This guy's scenario includes Biden winning Texas (among several other states) by the same margin as SC

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's hard to know what to think of Super Tuesday polls right now because they're all from before South Carolina and a couple of candidate dropouts. And then there's early voting. Right now literally the only thing I feel confident about is that Bernie will come first in California. Everything else just seems like it's completely up in the air.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tunklord Supreme posted:

there's a lot that can be said about pete dropping out but the thing i'm most thankful for is that i'll never again have to see some loving dork go "um please don't compare pete to a rat, rats are actually very clean and social animals and i like them because i'm a loving loser with lovely taste in pets" like that's an original or worthwhile take

they're disgusting vermin and so is he, and i'm glad i never have to hear his insipid "obama voice" or see his smarmy little rodent snout again

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rats pee everywhere and spread decay, they are the Trump of pets, suck it rat mod

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
how many pundit brains is this public enemy show going to break?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Harrow posted:

It's hard to know what to think of Super Tuesday polls right now because they're all from before South Carolina and a couple of candidate dropouts. And then there's early voting. Right now literally the only thing I feel confident about is that Bernie will come first in California. Everything else just seems like it's completely up in the air.

if momentum was real bernie would've done way better in SC

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Nothus posted:

So after months of Biden being unable to speak in public without humiliating himself, failing to campaign effectively or coherently, and having had the GOP openly telegraph their entire oppo campaign, the party is on the verge of effectively ending the primary and handing him the nomination by hook or by crook thus guaranteeing a blowout loss to Trump.

lmao democrats

Democrats all seem to have the same short-term memory problems that Biden has lately

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Harrow posted:

there's also been basically zero quality polling outside of TX, CA, and MA

i mean, bernie is probably going to win UT and biden is probably going to win AL, but you can't base that on polls

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tetracube posted:

if momentum was real bernie would've done way better in SC

I dunno, I think there's also a case to be made for SC just being an especially conservative state. I'm not sure it proves or disproves anything.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nothus posted:

lmao democrats

And remember he's under investigation by ukraine

https://twitter.com/BBCMonitoring/status/1232974383561441281

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

~Momentum~ is important for getting out the vote to places where you're already favorable but it's not gonna make thousand-year old black grandmas all vote for Bernie. In two days we're gonna see how much organization matters because Bernie's been campaigning in ST states for months and Biden has... not.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Did Pete say why he was dropping out

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

I don't think he said so directly but CNN reported that it was specifically because he didn't want to be the reason Bernie got an insurmountable lead on Tuesday.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Is this illegal? I guess not in a party primary...?

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Nothus posted:

lmao democrats

I strongly suspect that the party leaders know this, and it's the plan.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

since the sixties Biden has dreamed of having Obama as his VP and now he will. Black face Pete.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

there’s no way Biden to over take Sanders. sorry if this ruins the succ mood :shrug:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/circusarmy/status/1234285563017973760

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
RIPete!!!

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Apraxin posted:

lis is clearly sharing in the devastation felt by so many of pete's supporters tonight, because after all, the campaign was about the candidate, right?
https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1234302218863554562

a dedicated global Lis fanbase is such an inexplicable phenomenon

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

there's also been basically zero quality polling outside of TX, CA, and MA

i mean, bernie is probably going to win UT and biden is probably going to win AL, but you can't base that on polls

biden might win va or at least come in a very close second, though buttigieg dropping out probably helps warren there more than anything

it's the biggest super tuesday state that doesn't have in-person early voting, at least not until november

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Harrow posted:

I don't think he said so directly but CNN reported that it was specifically because he didn't want to be the reason Bernie got an insurmountable lead on Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1234319309360566272

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My local polling location is a mason lodge.:tinfoil:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Lpzie posted:

since the sixties Biden has dreamed of having Obama as his VP and now he will. Black face Pete.

Having a nice laugh to myself thinking about Biden selecting a political newcomer as his VP (Pete in blackface pretending to be a different man) and I'm not gonna go into it but he says some pretty funny things in a pretty funny voice

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

RottenK posted:

Bernard "Bernie" Sanders is such a succ thing to write that i thought this tweet is a parody when i first saw it

also this guy's entire timeline is 100% dedicated to flinging poo poo at bernie

Former D.C. bureau chief for Investor's Business Daily, Hoover Institution media fellow

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

these polls are all over the place

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Lpzie posted:

Zwarte Piet

The recent bouts of Obama cadence all make sense now

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1234303432133136387

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao more targeted harassment by Bernie Bros

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

how many pundit brains is this public enemy show going to break?

The main take I'm seeing is how disrespectful it is to John Lewis that Bernie isn't in Selma.

Kinda hoping that going with the latino vote turns out to be the winning strategy because I'm tired of the conservative South being the gatekeeper for the Democrats

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mastershakeman posted:

To help coalesce moderate support against Bernie

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
finally some good coronavirus news

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1234313882803539969

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

To help coalesce moderate support against Bernie

Not a joke BTW literally said he was dropping out so he wouldn't be splitting the vote against Bernie

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmfao

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

lmao if Pete dropping out leads to a tota Bernie blowout. also lmao if Biden gets the nom, and him or his son is indicted in a foreign country

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

this is a terrible headline, but it worked cuz I clicked it to see if it was him:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

drat you joe why did you have to let me down