Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

Why even bother to spend time imaging a President Biden lol, do these people seriously think that guy could beat trump? He's literally to his right on some issues and has more issues than the rest of the field combined

It will be a return to hope and change and also no taxes on my favorite corporations! Imagine all the taxes I would be paying under Bernie when I inevitably get that promotion from middle manager to slightly higher middle manager!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

he never plays the loving game

he never tries to win

he just tlaks aboutr aiwnginsaglkujdesn fgbhkl;sednrg

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

yeah I’m trying not to arzy by remembering all the people I canvassed in NH who were like “well obviously I like Bernie and Pete” and I would just think “what in the world is obvious about that?” I think as the field narrows we may be relieved to find that people were not lined up behind non-Bernie candidates for ideological reasons

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I think they are deluded into thinking Uncle Joe will wallop Trump on stage.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/CKrause328/status/1234271359355752448?s=20

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pobrecito posted:

yeah I’m trying not to arzy by remembering all the people I canvassed in NH who were like “well obviously I like Bernie and Pete” and I would just think “what in the world is obvious about that?” I think as the field narrows we may be relieved to find that people were not lined up behind non-Bernie candidates for ideological reasons

Now that I'm thinking about it I remember the time some reporter interviewed a caucusser in... Iowa? that was a firedancer, eco-supporter that wanted healthcare for all and she was there for

Yang

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Biden isn't even promising to govern differently from trump! Half of thrmps most unpopular poo poo is stuff biden and obama did! He spent decades making debt non-dischargable and boasting about all his attempts to guy medicare and social security!

He'd lose 45 states to trump, he'd lose even if there was an economic meltdown!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

You're doing the lords work collecting these. c

https://twitter.com/dudley_ann/status/1234283010503081985

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

Biden isn't even promising to govern differently from trump! Half of thrmps most unpopular poo poo is stuff biden and obama did! He spent decades making debt non-dischargable and boasting about all his attempts to guy medicare and social security!

He'd lose 45 states to trump, he'd lose even if there was an economic meltdown!

Here to laugh, learn, & resist! #Family #Married #Pets #Bees #Music #Travel #NH #STX #PennyStocks #OTC #FITN #BlackLivesMatter #MeToo #TeamPete #FlipTheSenate

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao the public option didn't fail because of a lack of republican support

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
a lot of voters are not really consistent like you think. my mother likes pete and bernie. it doesn't have to make sense, and most people aren't on twitter or think in political-science terms like the "moderate lane."'

some of the pete supporters are taking the news pretty hard though. yeah, your candidate who placed first*, second and third in the first three states is dropping out before super tuesday to try to ratfuck the frontrunner out of an epic win -- yes, it must be confusing. it must be the bernie bros... they were so mean to poor pete. who is sweet and gay in an innocent and sexually non-threatening way. i see a lot of aggrieved comments about bernie bros.

was thinking about this... a lot of attacks on bernie are not against bernie but against his supporters -- or they are indirect attacks, like bernie isn't doing enough to "reign in" his supporters. but like I said, most voters don't pay attention to twitter. if you do door-to-door canvassing, you'll quickly realize how the vast majority of people have no knowledge of "bernie bros" or any of this. secondly, it doesn't actually peel bernie's supporters away: it makes them double down on their support even harder.

on the bright side: it doesn't work. but if you look at a lot of comments from pete supporters, you'll see that his appeal is often personality driven: he has an inspiring personal story. by contrast, I thinkbernie is kind of like an anti-personality. it's not about him. for me it's about healthcare and the movement around him. i don't particularly care to have a beer with the dude, or whatever, and don't care if people don't like him. pete's personal story does not matter to me either (and im gay, incidentally). but because his support is personality driven, if you don't like pete then a view takes hold that opposition must somehow be the result of some toxic personal animus

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

he'll be fixing the prices of your foodstuffs forever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They attack his supporters instead of him because they're cowards and instead of brains they have steaming piles of cow poo poo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Bloomberg with that Kobluchar joke telling energy at 1:16

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

This was deleted. What was it?

https://twitter.com/niktaylorde/status/1234309057441411079

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also, and if bernie does win the nom and isn't ratfucked out of it (real possibility), then the only people who will care by november are going to be some real dead-enders. and there are also outside context problems that will assert themselves, like possibly the economy experiencing a full-bore meltdown as coronavirus eats the population and the government collapses. but we'll see when we get there. but "bernie bros were mean to me on twitter" is going to seem pretty silly. people will start to wake up and see what the stakes are.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lol extremely cool
bravenak now sharing loving nazi antisemtic bernie tiktoks

https://twitter.com/KHiveQueenB/status/1234334512240156677?s=20

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

bbbbbut Pete checked all the boxes for a perfect candidate

young? check
male? check
white? check
midwestern, small town boy? check*
troop? check
ivy league? check
"diverse" in a non-threatening way? check

he's racked up all the accomplishments... you might even say it was his turn!

*not really

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

lol extremely cool
bravenak now sharing loving nazi antisemtic bernie tiktoks

https://twitter.com/KHiveQueenB/status/1234334512240156677?s=20

propagating fascism is okay if you're a minority

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i think that will become a real, sincere talking point sooner or later

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alobar posted:

how? is it something where it's specifically his fault, too? i'm asking because i don't have much more than "dude. gently caress that guy." and also "he was against busing to end segregation in public schools." when it comes to talking about him.

if someone who's smarter than me could rattle off a quick summary of why biden is terrible, i'd really appreciate it.

The 2005 Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act (BAPCPA) was meant, on paper, to prevent people from abusing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. It accomplished that through means testing, making it harder for people to declare Chapter 7 bankruptcy versus Chapter 13. If a person's income exceeds a certain threshold, they're ineligible for declaring Chapter 7. The bill also required people to complete a credit counseling course no more than 180 days before they declare bankruptcy. It also limits the kinds of debt a person can discharge through bankruptcy: If they use a credit card to spend too much money on "luxury goods" or withdraw too much in cash advances, that credit line can't be erased. And, gallingly, the bill made it completely impossible to discharge student loan debt. It may very well be the single piece of legislation most responsible for putting the U.S. in the current student debt crisis.

Biden was one of the bill's major Democratic champions, and he fought for its passage from his position on the Senate Judiciary Committee. He had pushed for two earlier bankruptcy reform bills in 2000 and 2001, both of which failed. But in 2005, BAPCPA made it through, successfully erecting all kinds of roadblocks for Americans struggling with debt, and doing so just before the financial crisis of 2008. Since BAPCPA passed, Chapter 13 filings went from representing just 24 percent of all bankruptcy filings per year to 39 percent in 2017. Melissa Jacoby, a University of North Carolina law professor specializing in bankruptcy, told Politico, "I doubt that the bill reined in the abuses that the bill was premised on, in part because they didn’t necessarily exist in the first place."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com/story/joe-biden-bankruptcy-bill/amp

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
it's cool how biden is a chief architect behind our current hell and people will handwave it away because Orange Man Bad

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

if you do door-to-door canvassing, you'll quickly realize how the vast majority of people have no knowledge of "bernie bros" or any of this. secondly, it doesn't actually peel bernie's supporters away: it makes them double down on their support even harder.

Hell in SC about 1 of every 8 people I talked to didn't know there's an election

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alobar posted:

how? is it something where it's specifically his fault, too? i'm asking because i don't have much more than "dude. gently caress that guy." and also "he was against busing to end segregation in public schools." when it comes to talking about him.

if someone who's smarter than me could rattle off a quick summary of why biden is terrible, i'd really appreciate it.

Also this here thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911382

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

heckuva op you got going there, nice work

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Yeah just a reminder most people have no idea what a primary is and it’s good to confirm with them they have a plan for voting - where, when, how, with who.

Talk to your friends/family to confirm.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

warren getting the Russiagate themed podcast endorsement
https://twitter.com/gaslitnation/status/1234318371296022529?s=20

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Atrocious Joe posted:

lmao sarah on this podcast has an unbearable voice. just terrible to listen to droning on and on about russia

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

a podcast calling itself gaslit nation coming out to endorse warren is peak :ironicat:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Joementum posted:

a real tribute to the agent pete campaign: a pablum-filled statement that nobody believes you mean

https://twitter.com/amyklobuchar/status/1234281337776955392

big fan of what about chasten

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

big fan of what about chasten

the way he squeals

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/NickHornedo/status/1234325491630452736

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao the public option didn't fail because of a lack of republican support

it didn't fail, they didn't want it at all and they have a litany of excuses for why they didn't do what they never intended to do

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Chasten will be filing for divorce within the month/year.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

he's out of the race, you don't have to do that loving dance any more

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nearly killed em! posted:

it didn't fail, they didn't want it at all and they have a litany of excuses for why they didn't do what they never intended to do

d&d is a great trash bin full of em

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Siljmonster posted:

Chasten will be filing for divorce within the month/year.

Nah he's just gonna take the CIA pill.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Chazz-ten

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

I've never heard of this podcast but this clip is absolute lunacy. Russia is responsible for white-nationalism is Europe, the place where Nazis originated? that's insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Chazzzzzzzz-ten