Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Owns but she's pointing the gun at herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Guns that aren't grafted to an arm are like the weakest thing in the world of FF7, pistol bullets probably just bounce off skin. And if not she can always cast cure.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's called forshadowing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

People in this thread go on and on about how anything beyond the original game gets Aerith wrong...but then they say dumb stuff like the past page. Pretty sure you don't know what Aerith was like if you think she's the type to be packing heat and smoking blunts.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

GoGoGadget posted:

People in this thread go on and on about how anything beyond the original game gets Aerith wrong...but then they say dumb stuff like the past page. Pretty sure you don't know what Aerith was like if you think she's the type to be packing heat and smoking blunts.

The blunt quote was, I assume, from the ff7 stoned Twitter account.

Now I can't see her as a smoker either, but she carries a staff as big as she is and knows how to use it. 'Capable of looking out for herself' is a big part of her character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Of course Aerith isn't packing heat, she uses a staff :rolleyes:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I loved her battle animation in the original of running up to enemies and jumping to whack them on the head. I hope they keep it in the remake, but the videos of her shooting little energy bolts don't give me hope.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
What I want to know is, what are Elentor's thoughts on that picture? He's the only FF7 guru I trust nowadays in a post 2016 election world.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The image is of course completely unrealistic. Rather than putting a plaster on her arm injury she could just Cure it.

Still, smoking isn't a big deal when you can just Esuna the lung cancer.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

What I want to know is, what are Elentor's thoughts on that picture? He's the only FF7 guru I trust nowadays in a post 2016 election world.

Over-the-top but not nearly as over-the-top than Yuna in FFX-2, who owns, and thus that fanart too owns.

In my head canon she just packs a few hidden knives though, everyone in the slums should know she's a priority asset of the Turks so I doubt anyone would gently caress up with her, really.

You can't even be a shinra grunt and step on her flowers.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Turks really are the best.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Except for the part when they killed like a million people.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadget posted:

there's a real big difference between shitposting and earnestly believing something, my dude

you do realize that you're on a comedy website, right

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kith posted:

there's a real big difference between shitposting and earnestly believing something, my dude

you do realize that you're on a comedy website, right

To be fair on this comedy website people post things which seem obviously like shitposting until you find out it is their real argument.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Clarste posted:

Except for the part when they killed like a million people.

Happens offscreen. Doesn't count.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

But guns and smoking are not good for the planet.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know what's good for the planet?

Being an oil tycoon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The FFVII sequel I want is one that takes place 500 years later.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Elentor posted:

Being an oil tycoon.

Well in the original FFVII Barret comes from a coal mining town and it was pretty un-subtle in the fact they should have remained a coal mining town instead of building that Mako Reactor.

I won't pretend to know anything about science but coal and oil still seem less bad than sucking the literal life out of the Earth and using grandma's soul to power your stove.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

burn coal or die...there are things worse than death

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ulio posted:

Smoking is neutral, guns are good for they cleanse the earth of Brutals

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Elentor posted:

Being an oil tycoon.

Barret! :argh:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ulio posted:

Vincent uses guns. Vincent is a Bad Character. Conclusion: Guns are bad for the planet.
Cid smokes. Cid is an OK Character. Conclusion: Smoking is OK for the planet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

NikkolasKing posted:

Well in the original FFVII Barret comes from a coal mining town and it was pretty un-subtle in the fact they should have remained a coal mining town instead of building that Mako Reactor.

I won't pretend to know anything about science but coal and oil still seem less bad than sucking the literal life out of the Earth and using grandma's soul to power your stove.

I mean, sure, but it still seems kind of weird to have a game that says "Sucking the natural resources out of the Planet to use for fuel/energy is bad!" and then the sequel turns around and says "Except when it's oil."

Kheldarn posted:

Vincent uses guns. Vincent is a Bad Character. Conclusion: Guns are bad for the planet.
Cid smokes. Cid is an OK Character. Conclusion: Smoking is OK for the planet.

:hmmyes:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

GoGoGadget posted:

But she was the slum drunk??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god I've just remembered when someone was arguing that her being a 'flower girl' was a euphemism for being a prostitute.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NikkolasKing posted:

Lifestream raises many questions:

If you die in space do you get to return to the planet or does your spirit just wander around endlessly trapped forever in the cold nothingness?
If you die in a different planet, do you return to its lifestream or do you become a weird virus like Jenova?
At which point does your spirit become a literal liquid, are people like measuring you after your death and then suddenly you gain or lose 10 pounds worth of lemonade?
Do you get to trip balls while being sucked by a Mako reactor?

You see, these are the questions that do keep me up at night.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh god I've just remembered when someone was arguing that her being a 'flower girl' was a euphemism for being a prostitute.

That's dumb

But hear me out here

Weed is a flower

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

precision posted:

That's dumb

But hear me out here

Weed is a flower

Guess that explains why she uses a blunt weapon then. :v:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

amigolupus posted:

oh my god

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

amigolupus posted:

:golfclap:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

amigolupus posted:

@$!#

rbakervv
Apr 1, 2008

For the Emperor!!
Demo's out.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
DEMO LIVE
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA07237_00-FFVIIREMAKETRIAL

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, how is it

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Elentor posted:

Well, how is it

The downloading screen is a bit untrue to the original, but I'll let that slide.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samael posted:

The downloading screen is a bit untrue to the original, but I'll let that slide.

If it's not asking me to install the Yamaha Synthesizer then what even is the point?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

And I'm off to work on my first day after being jobless for 2 months and won't be free until tomorrow evening, are you kidding me. Releasing a demo on a monday, this people are sick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I cant believe they’ve deliberately done this to me on the first day of a week away from home