Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Triple-Kan posted:

oh man i bet their faces were red

Verviticus posted:

hahahah sick thats dope i love hearing about uh those guys

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Thank god you can just auto mute your team now

funny you say that while talking about the tyler jungle climb because thats pretty much what he did, disabled All chat from enemy team in options and muting his team on game start

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Yeah I love the idea of tyler1, the kid has hustle, charisma, and amazing deadpan humor along with the ability to put on an act. I remember when they first had him on for some LCS interview and he was his normal ridiculous self, a behind the scenes talk revealed he asked how he should behave, he was planning to be more normal and professional and they said "give us the full tyler1 experience." At heart he is definitely a goofy and high energy guy, but a lot of that is a put on persona.

That said I also can't stand watching him, but you gotta admire that craftsmanship.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea give the toxic piece of poo poo viewers. The true league experience.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

take it from me. I've handed it to them before and will not be handing it to them again

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

League goons don't "get it" as per usual

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I find it hard to watch toxic people. Like people getting mad now and again is ok but going on long tirades or basing your personality around being loud and angry is not something I can watch for a long time without taking on that emotional energy as well.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Nah that guy loving sucks, full stop

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I played with tyler1 back in season 1 when he just played Twitch and added him to my friends list after.

It was so I could add him to a category called "Rager" and never enter the queue at the same time as him ever again, the shittiness is no act for the audience.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
you dont stay in character 10 hours each day

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Slaapaav posted:

I believe it actually, specially that one time he tilted-raged so hard playing off-stream he smashed the doors and cupboards in his house and his girlfriend recorded the damage and posted on twitter

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Slaapaav posted:

People have done crazier things for money

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He “played” the character so hard even Riot had to ban him for a couple years.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Apparently there's a big press event for the Riot FPS happening tomorrow, so that'll be interesting. It's called Valorant for what it's worth, a bunch of international Valorant Twitter accounts got verified.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thats not a good name tbh

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I thought it wasn't related to League? Valoran is the northern continent in Runeterra.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I thought it wasn't related to League? Valoran is the northern continent in Runeterra.

That was what they said, and it could still be true since none of the leaked characters are League characters (though Sage very much has an Ionia vibe about her). The other possibility is the name is a placeholder, @PlayValorant on Twitter isn't verified. Or they leaked a fake name to find leakers, the shot of the alpha launcher icon on a desktop from a stream someone did of something else still had it called ProjectA.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 1, 2020

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/community/saying-farewell-to-boards/

We outlived another one.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man. What is with Riot and getting rid of communication.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I legit forgot the boards still existed, Meddler didn't even post his gameplay thoughts columns on there any more.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Hellioning posted:

Perhaps it's for the best. In-game, we're can replace all chat with a Booyah! Button.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hellioning posted:

have you ever gone to the official boards to ask riot questions

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
have you ever gone to loving reddit?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Back when they had the original boards the Wrenchman program was really awesome way to get communication between Riot and the players. Most of the time we were just copy/pasting really common issues but we did a bunch of troubleshooting and bug reports that could be fixed and addressed and occasionally we could get info on people's bans. Eventually the guy who managed the Wrenchman kept getting frustrated because nobody would communicate with him anymore and they did away with the program entirely and the forums turned into Reddit-lite and stopped being used because at that point, why not just use Reddit. After the program shut down you basically had to either submit a ticket and hope whoever got you knew what the issue was immediately or spend days/weeks trying to get it fixed OR just google the issue and hope the 3 year old forum post from another site was still a relevant fix.

I have no idea who higher up decided "Yeah, a bunch of volunteers we can trust to give direct tech support for free that give immediate responses is bad for us". During the program like 8 of us went on to get hired full-time by Riot and a lot more got interviews. Then they also out-sourced most of their ticket support to a third-party company in Seattle (Like a call center of sorts) and a lot of the people there had never even played the game.

When companies start to grow they seem to make conscious efforts to make it harder to communicate with them. Nintendo had a really kick-rear end official community too for years and did the same thing (Re-worked their forums, reduced the content, fired or re-located everyone there who was working on the forums) and then eventually shut them down too. I get that a forum isn't going to be as popular as Reddit or whatever but I don't see the problem employing like 8 people to run a thriving official community where you can control your own content there.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Seems like most game companies just offload it to reddit. I don’t really blame them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Welp there it is. The video is a playtest clip which you can tell is legit from all the bleeped out cussing. Looks to be closer to Counter Strike than Overwatch.
https://twitter.com/PlayVALORANT/status/1234388225696948226?s=19

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
V down for CS Go plus abilities, glad to see they kept ttk real low. Hope the abilities tend towards utility vs straight damage - a lot of them look kind of equivalent to a fancy molly or smoke.

Fingers crossed~

It doesn't seem like it will be, but I truly hope ult management isn't too much of a thing.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Oh yeah, feed this poo poo right into my veins.

I'm betting a late June/early July release, right before the summer CS:GO major.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I can't believe people still want to play a shootymans game where if you die you have to sit around and watch everyone else play. To each their own I guess!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So it's counterstrike with MOBA hero abilities?

That's a strange choice, but at least it hasn't been done before (to my knowledge). Possesses zero interest for me personally but maybe someone wants it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s basically what call of duty is.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Syrinxx posted:

I can't believe people still want to play a shootymans game where if you die you have to sit around and watch everyone else play. To each their own I guess!

being able to have a little break is nice, actually

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

call of duty isn't round based though which is a pretty big difference and also the class abilities aren't nearly as game warping

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Not using their league characters is probably a bad decision.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

d0grent posted:

call of duty isn't round based though which is a pretty big difference and also the class abilities aren't nearly as game warping

There are round based modes in COD, but yea generally COD is known more for its deathmatch or point capture modes and the TTK is slightly longer than what is being shown in valorant

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want to be teemo headshotting noobs with my blowgun sniper rifle. gently caress you Riot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't think people looking for a alternative CS:GO are heavily invested in league lore or want to play Malphite with a AK47

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Who’s looking for an alternative CS:GO? Isn’t it like the most popular game in the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

No, it is easily the most popular game regularly on Steam (usually 500-800k people at any given time) but nowhere near biggest in the world. It also has a lot of reputation baggage that means there's going to be at least some people who like the concept but don't want to get into CSGO itself. Expecting Valorant to siphon off CSGO players is like expecting Legends of Runeterra to take away Magic Arena players, people aren't going to jump off a game they've been playing in some cases for over a decade to play something theoretically similar. More likely this is going to appeal more to Overwatch players (and possibly Rainbow Six Siege players too) who want shorter games but also still have the slamming action figures together feel.