Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

can i get one of those loans with a negative interest rate please

i can pay you back right away in fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
all these boomer gently caress politicians talking about biology like they've done anything ever in the field

we didn't even sequence a single genome until the 90s. gently caress you lindsay. gently caress you.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/1234497775192199168

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Hatebag posted:

:siren:
Nuclear bombs are radioactive

yes. they are. what you quoted is a description of a large chunk of the hypothetical "advantages" of a neutron bomb, however, and they do irradiate less than a "conventional" nuke

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Tup

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mods can we ban people for using/making me read the term “unforced error” for the rest of the campaign season

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle posted:

mods can we ban people for using/making me read the term “unforced error” for the rest of the campaign season

yes we can

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

thanks, I love it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

how do you guys keep believing Dan Lyons tweets?

oh yeah it's because of Poe's Law.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle posted:

yes we can

thx for prompt reply

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

They make that poo poo with mayonnaise it's horrible. Now here's what you do to make good jello: make chocolate puddin but sub half of the milk for rum, serve it in little glasses with a squirt o whipped cream. Good!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

your modship is an unforced error

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Squizzle posted:

yes we can

:member:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Healthy young ECONOMY goes to FEDERAL RESERVE, gets pumped with massive shot of HIGH RATES, doesn't feel good and changes - TRUMP. Many such cases!

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
one more day till the Biden Blowout

can i get a Joe Yeah!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

your modship is an unforced error

rude rude

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

juche avocado posted:

yes. they are. what you quoted is a description of a large chunk of the hypothetical "advantages" of a neutron bomb, however, and they do irradiate less than a "conventional" nuke

Some people think neutron bombs are magic, probably because of scifi or maybe that song by the weirdos. If they left useable infrastructure or resources the us would have started using them in the 50s to genocide and loot poor countries

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
just imagine trump and JOE on a debate stage in august

talk about disillusionment

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
reminder that lanes aren't nearly as coherent as pundits make them out to be and the breathless commenting that buttigieg dropping out but warren staying in does not, in fact, ratfuck bernard sanders

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

TMMadman posted:

Man, do I loving hate this bullshit.

It's so loving stupid. Saying some loving moron businessman (conman) knows more about medicine and viruses than people who literally have to spent 8 years or more getting a degree in the field is just the height of loving idiot arrogance. It's a really sad state of affairs when a sitting Senator says this kind of poo poo.

trump

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Hatebag posted:

Some people think neutron bombs are magic, probably because of scifi or maybe that song by the weirdos. If they left useable infrastructure or resources the us would have started using them in the 50s to genocide and loot poor countries

still waiting on micro-fusion from lockheed

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hatebag posted:

Funny, that's what they were saying in that song by those weirdos.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i love that everyone including me thought that was a real quote from a sitting us senator because that's just where we are now on this day in american history

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Dustcat posted:

i love that everyone including me thought that was a real quote from a sitting us senator because that's just where we are now on this day in american history

too late

its head cannon now

:matters:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Hatebag posted:

Remember how tremo thought having a strong dollar was unequivocally good ?

nobody expected hillary clinton's 3am phone call ad was gonna be trrrerepm phoning flynn abt the dollar

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

petit choux posted:

Funny, that's what they were saying in that song by those weirdos.

It's a good song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--ofeHvUts

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I just dropped a "neutron bomb" in the office toilet, iykwim

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Hatebag posted:

Nuclear bombs are radioactive

Yes, the whole point of a neutron bomb is that it emits a shitload of radiation with a comparatively small blast, compared to a conventional nuke. Since the blast is much smaller the fallout is reduced, and the radioactivity dissipates faster. That means you kill all the people with the initial radiation blast but the area is safe to reoccupy much sooner since there is less fallout and residual radiation.

Edit: I see from your inline reply that you understand the concept of a "safe" neutron bomb and are arguing that such a thing doesn't exist, which I don't disagree with. However, as far as the nickname for Jack Welch, I don't think it's innaccurate if you assume it was derived from the concept of a neutron bomb rather than some existing weapon.

NJ Deac has issued a correction as of 16:44 on Mar 2, 2020

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Dustcat posted:

:same:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
the next six months are crucial

*rubs mustache thoughtfully*

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1234474666598830080

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

all of our readers own a swastika arm band but did you know the swastika is actually a buddhist symbol?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Hatebag posted:

technology is magic if you think about it *wills words into existence at nearly every point across the world at the press of a button*

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1234403282006794240

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

on third reading

my favorite part of this, by far, is the goodbrained insertion of

", for all the right reasons,"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the demo is good and jessie is unfathomably horny for cloud

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Welcome to Trumps america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZxdBPMW-8w

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/amandamull/status/1234494562615382016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

[quote]
The joke, which was referring to the company’s Bloomberg Terminal software systems, allegedly went like this: “It will do everything, including give you a blow job. I guess that puts a lot of you girls out of business.”

Said Bloomberg: “I can tell you that years ago on the trading room floors, things were different… I apologize for that, I’m sorry if somebody was hurt… If I annoyed somebody or hurt somebody, I apologize. I can’t go rewrite history. I can only tell you now it is a different world.”
[quote]

Bloomberg on locker room talk.

"It's a different world today but I make everybody sign comprehensive NDAs now.