Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
coco's ideas are about ten thousand percent more interesting than putting a coat of paint on the AKI games to me.

Let's get like...the Gang Beasts engine or give the @gackdaw guy on Twitter a budget and a programming team to make BLOOD AND GUTS the VIDEOGAME

https://twitter.com/gackdaw/status/1164904961324568580

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

the last def jam game with the engine was less than 15 years ago so idk I think japanese employment culture suggests a lot of those people would still be around? and the primary benefit would be that they own the engine in question, right?

edit: actually they did a kinnikuman game like 12 years ago don't know how similar that is

The Kinnikuman game was the same gameplay, but you had a health meter more like a regular fighting game. It wasn't as fun as a result, but the finisher moves were sick.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Literally just remaster the Def Jam game. I don't even care if it has the AEW license as long as L'il Kim is in it

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

wreckfest but with wrestlers

Darby has a giant skateboard
Jericho has the doof warrior truck
Hangman can pilot Uma from Daytona USA

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hunnert car pileup posted:

wreckfest but with wrestlers

Darby has a giant skateboard
Jericho has the doof warrior truck
Hangman can pilot Uma from Daytona USA

But who gets the Twisty Rockets

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

while i understand getting the core gameplay right is going to be the main focus of the aew video game, i do hope they have really strong customization aspect to the game, create a wrestler, create a show etc. its a lot to ask from the ground up but it'd be neat to see a new company's take on features like this.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
You better be able to break up a pin or submission just by tapping a control stick.

That way a whole new generation of kids can try to convince their friends that they totally bumped it by accident.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

You better be able to break up a pin or submission just by tapping a control stick.

That way a whole new generation of kids can try to convince their friends that they totally bumped it by accident.

They fixed that after revenge. Though you could still use the analog to make repeating animations loop forever or to stay in a submission.

Well, unless the perpetrator cancelled.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elite vs Dark Order tactics

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’m really curious how they’ll implement Orange Cassidy into the game.

My best guess is to have an extremely limited move set with hands in pockets to start the match, only really able to dodge, kip up and do the suicide dive. You’ll then have a separate “special” meter that fills up like finishers normally do that either unlocks the full moves or gives you a limited time burst of moves.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he will probably be just like every other wrestler except maybe a custom idle stance

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just want Street Fighter with wrestlers is that so much to ask?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

AEW puzzle gem mobile game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Super No Vacancy posted:

he will probably be just like every other wrestler except maybe a custom idle stance

I thought we were still pretending AEW was a good company

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Brandon Cutler writing out the campaign while QT Marshall does everyone's mocap.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rarity posted:

I just want Street Fighter with wrestlers is that so much to ask?

Saturday Night Slammasters already exists

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

burger time but also a physics brawler feature AEW wrestlers fighting Dark Order creepers

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The pokemon diamond and pearl remakes, but its AEW instead

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

The pokemon diamond and pearl remakes, but its AEW instead

I would be very down. Diamond and Pearl are my favorite gen conceptually, but man oh man do they run slow to me now.

Now I' thinking if AEW wrestlers would be the pokemon sprites, or the human characters.

If they could work with NJPW, so Rocky Romero could be Incineroar.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

I would be very down. Diamond and Pearl are my favorite gen conceptually, but man oh man do they run slow to me now.

Now I' thinking if AEW wrestlers would be the pokemon sprites, or the human characters.

You're Tony Khan, and you have to catch them all! Your three starter choices are Cody, Kenny, or Jericho.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

You're Tony Khan, and you have to catch them all! Your three starter choices are Cody, Kenny, or Jericho.

Cody is Piplup because Empoleon/Kingdom and Cody is going to need Empoleon's high collar design to hide his neck tat to get babyface reaction.
Jericho is Turtwig because of the spikes.
Kenny is Chimchar because they both keep taking photos with problematic streamers.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

AEW RPG where you recruit the entire roster Suikoden-style.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Literally just remaster the Def Jam game. I don't even care if it has the AEW license as long as L'il Kim is in it

I will always love the fact that we have a fighting game where Lil Kim is top tier and Carmen Electra is banned from competitive play for being too strong. :allears:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Darby Allin Coffin Drop Flappy Bird

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

hosed up JRPG that's 75% cutscenes and is about the Nightmare Collective

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

River City Girls but this time without the joke ending.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

coconono posted:

River City Girls but this time without the joke ending.

They recently changed that ending in a patch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vandar posted:

They recently changed that ending in a patch.

still I'd rather have a good beat 'em up instead of another wrestling sim which pleases few and upsets many.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you, I've left my mark. You have too. You've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm The Exalted One, and you are too. No... he's the two of us together. Where we are today, we built it. This story, this legend; it's ours. We can change the world, and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you wherever you go. Thank you, my friend. From here on out... you're The Exalted One.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They should do an AEW game where you give Cody better tattoos.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you, I've left my mark. You have too. You've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm The Exalted One, and you are too. No... he's the two of us together. Where we are today, we built it. This story, this legend; it's ours. We can change the world, and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you wherever you go. Thank you, my friend. From here on out... you're The Exalted One.

So Mox is the Exalted one, then?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fatherofmustard posted:

They should do an AEW game where you give Cody better tattoos.

AEW Paint

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

So Mox is the Exalted one, then?

No you are did you not read the post

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ryland's update today confirms that he's still gunning for an April release for TEW2020.

I think I'm gonna reread the journal and get myself hyped.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

May have to gently caress around and bring back JAZZ CLUB / Stardust, emissary to the Great Old Ones

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ElementGamesTV/status/1236288481254674438?s=20

Names signed

Fallah Bahh
Bear Country
Shawn Donovan
Brian Pillman Jr.
Kongo Kong
Shaheem Ali
Bull James
Caprice Coleman
Brian Cage
“All Day” O’Shay Edwards
Leo St. Giovanni
Anthony Greene
Matt Sydal

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 7, 2020

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

At this point, ANYTHING could go head to head with 2K

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Been playing my 2004 WCW scenario in TEW... I rejoined the NWA ages ago, and it makes me smile every time some lovely indie in the NWA takes a loan on Goldberg and jobs him out. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/DosArias/status/1236375287740260352?s=09 I'm sorry for making the most cursed create a belt ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't yell at birds.