Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Fox and the Hound is far and away a sadder movie than Old Yeller.

I also think that all kids should watch the Fox and the Hound so they can learn that sometimes friends drift apart. It's a way more important lesson to teach than "loved ones die." That one comes naturally, the other one doesn't.

:agreed:

In my remake Copper is wearing a MAGA hat when he gets back from larnin’ to be a hunting dog. He is later eaten by a bear along with his owner. Tod just watches all of this dumbfounded from the tree line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

:agreed:

In my remake Copper is wearing a MAGA hat when he gets back from larnin’ to be a hunting dog. He is later eaten by a bear along with his owner. Tod just watches all of this dumbfounded from the tree line.

This, but to reflect reality Tod watches, again, as Copper waltzes into another 4 years huntin' bears because the Forest refuses to learn lessons from all the other previous years and runs another 70 year old idiot to try and identify with the historically much younger voter base.......Wooohoooo!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Lizzo sucks and her whole positivity thing feels fake to me in a “person trying to convince themself that they’re happy” kind of way.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Lizzo sucks and her whole positivity thing feels fake to me in a “person trying to convince themself that they’re happy” kind of way.

They're a performer. It's their job.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

They're a performer. It's their job.

Yeah, but the people who latch on to it are obnoxious.

Her music is awful, it was in a bunch of ads on Hulu which finally pushed me to go ad-free on there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, but the people who latch on to it are obnoxious.

Her music is awful, it was in a bunch of ads on Hulu which finally pushed me to go ad-free on there.

I wouldn't know :shrug:

Opinion: people who claim anything is "everywhere" are just wrong, or lying, and should try broadening their horizons, or not lying.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Fox and the Hound is far and away a sadder movie than Old Yeller.

I also think that all kids should watch the Fox and the Hound so they can learn that sometimes friends drift apart. It's a way more important lesson to teach than "loved ones die." That one comes naturally, the other one doesn't.

The Fox and the Hound is an extremely racist movie that teaches that the races can never live together harmoniously, but must separate for the protection of each.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:lol:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Boiling is the best way to eat a hot dog/most sausages. Withered dick grill dogs suck. The texture sucks, it makes them too salty, the casing turns all gross, the grill adds nothing.

Hamburgers can be too juicy. eating a hamburger anything less than medium is gross. people who think hamburgers are like steak and need to be all bloody are just trying too hard. I'm not saying it should be dry but a hamburger shouldn't be ruining the bun or you hosed up.

Also, flatten your goddamn hamburgers out. People make hamburgers at home and they always come out 1 inch thick but half the size of the bun and you have to rip half the bun off to enjoy it. Stop being afraid to squash them down a bit.

This is all 100% true and most people suck at making these 2 things even though they are so easy to cook it seems impossible to gently caress up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Boiling is the best way to eat a hot dog/most sausages.

Steaming, actually.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ground pigbutts

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Steaming, actually.

Also perfectly acceptable, just not a grill.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
First you kill the pig, then you remove it's rectum

You pulverize the rectum and mix it with some powdered rat bones and the crystallized souls of dead dreams. Now you have sausages

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zzulu posted:

First you kill the pig, then you remove it's rectum

You pulverize the rectum and mix it with some powdered rat bones and the crystallized souls of dead dreams. Now you have sausages

Funny stuff. I'm sure if you brought it to a 6th grade classroom it would kill. I got another one about how chinese food is made of cats if you want to really knock it out of the park.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Enjoy your pigbutts

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

veni veni veni posted:

Boiling is the best way to eat a hot dog
Microwave.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Enjoy your pigbutts

Thanks! :yum:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Steaming, actually.

No no, that’s for ham, not sausages.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vandar posted:

No no, that’s for ham, not sausages.

I dont think I'd much care for steaamed jam. Smoked or baked or cured.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Not having the crispy part of the sausage from cooking it on the grill is just dead wrong. You all realize you can control the temperature of the grill to not burn the sausage right?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Opinion: eat poo poo :evilbuddy:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

boiling and grilling bring out different but equally good qualities of the hot dog imo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I have never grilled a hot dog in my life but now I want to try it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The hell? You've never been to a backyard grill party?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, lots but it was all burgers and pork chops and actual sausages

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

When all you've got is a ball grill and some pinecones :shrug:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jerry Cotton posted:

I wouldn't know :shrug:

Opinion: people who claim anything is "everywhere" are just wrong, or lying, and should try broadening their horizons, or not lying.

Visit the United States and see how long it takes before you take this back, courtesy of one Mr. Bloomberg

Not having cable or using radio/newpapers/other things where people load ads targeted at olds has saved me from literally all political ads.

Except Mike ads.

Hulu? Podcasts? Catching a glimpse of a TV at the gym?

MIKE BLOOMBERG 20202020202020202020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah, lots but it was all burgers and pork chops and actual sausages

Well you're in for a treat! Even the cheapest hot dogs taste awesome grilled. My personal favorites are the ones that are very well done.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Can't believe it took this thread to break from my grandmas habit of boiling hot dogs, what was i thinking

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Can't believe it took this thread to break from my grandmas habit of boiling hot dogs, what was i thinking

You weren’t. :colbert:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Butterflied grilled hotdogs are the poo poo, but all preparations depend on whether you get a decent brand, or Oscar "what the gently caress is this taste" Meyer

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vienna Beef or Hebrew National are the way to go if you don't have a butcher that makes them themselves.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hebrew National, also serve it wrapped in a cold slice of white bread with ketchup. My grandma's ancient recipe.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Vienna Beef or Hebrew National are the way to go if you don't have a butcher that makes them themselves.

It is also acceptable to cook these slowly in a cast iron skillet surrounded by caramelized onions.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I was hoping to get a little mileage out of that one, but I think I laid it on too thick.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Syenite posted:

Butterflied grilled hotdogs are the poo poo, but all preparations depend on whether you get a decent brand, or Oscar "what the gently caress is this taste" Meyer

No joke, I once accidentally grabbed an Oscar Meyer dog off a grill instead of another Hebrew National and the first bite just straight up tasted like plastic. I threw the rest away and grabbed a correct one.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just steer clear of any hot dog labeled as a "weiner"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm not sure how I would react if I went to a barbecue and they were serving hotdogs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's always hot dogs if there's little kids around. Burgers, chicken thighs, various sausages. You need all of those at the very least for a good BBQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's always hot dogs if there's little kids around. Brisket, pork, rolls, slaw, brisket. You need all of those at the very least for a good BBQ.