Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Actual golemancer golems live just fine at endgame, builds like Mathil does that just use them for the buffs you have to resummon them a lot more. IMO it was a build ruiner for me, the resummoning was way too annoying in hard red maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I did golemancer back in Legion and the only thing that would wipe them out was Minotaur's slam attack. With the boss rework there might be a few other things that would delete them.

They are considerably more fragile if you don't have all the Primordial stuff though since that gives them a fair amount of armor.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cinara posted:

5% chaos dot multi is wild for a minor node, that's way better than 12% chaos damage on the previous jewel we saw.

The minors are great but the notable is pretty bad imho.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I did Golem Shell this league. It was bad, the golems get killed a lot by Metamorphs and even yellow tier Elderslayers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was thinking as for buffs for voidforge cyclone or similar

They give insane Crit, AS and accuracy

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Fister Roboto posted:

The minors are great but the notable is pretty bad imho.

Seems like it could be decent for scourge arrow since it can manage to get a big first hit. Worthless for something like BV tho

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
100% chaos conversion heavy strike??

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pretty sure 100% chaos conversion isn't possible.

Vasudus posted:

I did Golem Shell this league. It was bad, the golems get killed a lot by Metamorphs and even yellow tier Elderslayers.

Well there goes my starter idea :smith:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 2, 2020

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The notable is stellar for Pathfinder, especially something like Scourge Arrow. You'll get the quad damage poisons prolif'd over the whole pack.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I think even outside of something like Scourge Arrow the notable is actually pretty good regardless.

Like consider Poison BV. BV at max stacks hits 3.33 times per second. If you do +300% for one hit and +0% for every other hit, that evens out to +30% per hit after 10 hits, or 3 seconds. 3 seconds is a lot longer than anything that isn't a boss should live anyways, and also this node makes it super frontloaded, which is great for QoL. Like a wheel with good small nodes and a notable with +30% poison damage/+8% chaos DoT multi would be a fine wheel, and this notable generally works out better than that in practice.

Cinara posted:

The notable is stellar for Pathfinder, especially something like Scourge Arrow. You'll get the quad damage poisons prolif'd over the whole pack.

It's not quad poison damage, it's +300% increased. But yes, this is accurate. You'll prolif a very big poison over a pack.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 2, 2020

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I feel bad for the PoB devs (especially LocalIdentity I guess since their fork is the most up to date?) with the new jewel stuff. If Timeless jewels were hard to do, these might be even worse. Though, since the jewels more or less say what they do, it might not be THAT bad and it might just be that dynamically drawing new tree bits is the hardest bit.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

It's not quad poison damage, it's +300% increased. But yes, this is accurate. You'll prolif a very big poison over a pack.

Oh I read that as 300% increased taken not dealt, yea that makes it a ton weaker. Still ok cause it comes paired on a 8% dot multi node but not nearly as good as in my head.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

No Safe Word posted:

I feel bad for the PoB devs (especially LocalIdentity I guess since their fork is the most up to date?) with the new jewel stuff. If Timeless jewels were hard to do, these might be even worse. Though, since the jewels more or less say what they do, it might not be THAT bad and it might just be that dynamically drawing new tree bits is the hardest bit.

I would imagine timeless jewels were hard to do because each one was essentially unique. At least there are a finite number of new cluster jewels to program in.

VVVV they are just gonna program in 3 variants for each jewel: Large>Medium>Small, Medium>Small, and Small. The tree expands out in super predictable ways.

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 2, 2020

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Timeless jewels are impossible to implement without knowing the exact results of every single seed, and we don't.

These are possible because every jewel lists exactly what it does on the jewel itself, but will require a ton of work to implement as I am sure PoB does not have any built in support for dynamically altering the tree.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Fortunately it's not too hard to manually type them in I guess. Less annoying than Timeless jewels at least. Your point count will be off though.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
they turned poets pen into a support gem....!?

Spellslinger
Spellslinger is a new Skill-Support that supports linked spells. Activating the skill causes all of these spells to reserve mana, and when you perform a wand attack, all of the skills are triggered. They have a 0.5 second cooldown and gain cooldown recovery speed as the gem gains levels, so you don't need to push your attack speed too high to get the most out of the support.

Spellslinger also provides a unique effect to supported spells: Your wand's base damage is added to the damage of the spell. Base damage includes all local added and increased damage modifiers, making attack wands powerful when you're focussed on Spellslinging.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Spellslinger
Spellslinger is a new Skill-Support that supports linked spells. Activating the skill causes all of these spells to reserve mana, and when you perform a wand attack, all of the skills are triggered. They have a 0.5 second cooldown and gain cooldown recovery speed as the gem gains levels, so you don't need to push your attack speed too high to get the most out of the support.

Spellslinger also provides a unique effect to supported spells: Your wand's base damage is added to the damage of the spell. Base damage includes all local added and increased damage modifiers, making attack wands powerful when you're focussed on Spellslinging.

currently throwing all my other build ideas in the trash and focusing entirely on this

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

That's insane. Damage wands are gonna be dope as gently caress now.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
man, i was hoping i could just swing it and jump right in but this jewel cluster stuff is :psyduck: , and that doesn't even cover whatever those weird icons next to the skills in the passive tree are
im going to have to read a blog post aren't i :/

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jinnigan posted:

Spellslinger

:sickos:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2781455

Full details for those who want them

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Well that's some exciting changes to wands.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Friendship with minions is ended

now gunfingers is my best friend

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now I know what my league starter is going to be

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

what the gently caress!

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
wanders are back folks :w00t:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vasudus posted:

Well that's some exciting changes to wands.

It feels like a fully fleshed out archetype now, I love it.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

have both lightning warp and bodyswap supported by spellslinger, the monsters can't hit you if even you don't know where you are

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

So many build ideas, so little time

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

this + that rare gem is making me want to try a poison wander that spellslings ED/Cont

probably better to just go all in on poison with a Bino's though

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I for one can't wait to watch the bright eyed youngsters on their first try crafting wands, the deepest darkest money pit in the game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

holy poo poo

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I for one can't wait to watch the bright eyed youngsters on their first try crafting wands, the deepest darkest money pit in the game.

Not a loving emptyquote.

Grey Face
Mar 31, 2017
This league is going to be loving nuts lmao. Definitely trying a spellslinger after my starter.

noita build

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How is poison as a league starter? I've never done a poison dude. Some sort of assassin with a Binos. Is there enough defense to be somewhat sturdy?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I want to try out a Spellslinger wander but no way is that poo poo going to be my leaguestarter.

queeb posted:

How is poison as a league starter? I've never done a poison dude. Some sort of assassin with a Binos. Is there enough defense to be somewhat sturdy?

Imo bow based poison is far far stronger due to the power of Scourge Arrow. Cobra Lash/Venom Gyre are harder to scale the single target and your other options are melee which can be rough to be as survivable.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 3, 2020

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Wand crafting ate all my eternal orbs before metacrafting existed. I could have like 3 mansions in standard but alas.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I'm gonna jump so far up my rear end with loving up wands, it's gonna be amazing. I'm going to be the dril tweet of wand crafting.

E: teal teal crimson to allocate? That's not bad at all.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 3, 2020

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Me watching that teaser: :gizz:

Also an approximation of what was happening in that teaser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Grey Face posted:

This league is going to be loving nuts lmao. Definitely trying a spellslinger after my starter.

noita build

wand attack + spellslung spells in every single other slot