Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Harrow posted:

If people are starting to play more on Excelsior I need to come up with a new name for my character Scarlet Shadow, since he's my most-played character and that name is taken over there. The best I can camp over there for now is Scarlet Phantasm and that's not nearly as good for the "noir detective who uses dark magic" thing.

I mean as long as he's british you could always go the 'Bloody Dick' route. (Please don't do this...I have my kids playing this game) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The Red Pecker

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Scarlet Shade?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Gynovore posted:

Yeah this. Emp is a magnet for people who just came off WoW or other traditional MMORPGs and think that every team needs a heal0r.

Now I feel like advertising my Mercs/Emp MM The Legendary Vic Goss in LFT and pissing off every one of those people by only healing my pets.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Dareon posted:

Now I feel like advertising my Mercs/Emp MM The Legendary Vic Goss in LFT and pissing off every one of those people by only healing my pets.

Put together a team of empathy characters and one pubbie, where everyone just spends all their effort buffing and healing your pets.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Brave New World posted:

Scarlet Shade?

Already taken, that was the first alternative I tried. Also tried Scarlet Phantom, Crimson Phantom, and a few other similar things.

I might just have to change his theme/costume to suit a new name or something, which would be a bummer but I do like how active Excelsior is so maybe it's worth it

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Reserving the name The Pink Dingle

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If I can ask, what made Excelsior pass Torchbearer in activity?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, but in the last three days since I made this character, I'm already two dots from level 40. I haven't had this easy a time finding groups since the servers went public and there was the initial goonrush

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Harrow posted:

Already taken, that was the first alternative I tried. Also tried Scarlet Phantom, Crimson Phantom, and a few other similar things.

I might just have to change his theme/costume to suit a new name or something, which would be a bummer but I do like how active Excelsior is so maybe it's worth it

Have you considered Funky Phantom?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Bee posted:

If I can ask, what made Excelsior pass Torchbearer in activity?

Torchbearer was bogged down by queues for ages and people just sorta landed on Excelsior as the way to get past them, I think.

10 Times 10
Nov 12, 2008
Does anyone know what's been happening with the auction house lately? Uncommon salvage that used to go for 1-5k are now going for 25-55k, rare is going anywhere from 700k-1mil.

I gotta say, my main on Live and my main now is an empath, and I love her. She may not be a game changer, but she's incredibly helpful when people start wiping (I also find her very helpful for doing Master Of badges and keeping everyone safe and overhealed) and throwing fortitude on the strongest 2-3 people seem to make things run much easier. I've been trying to branch out into other things like tanks and stalkers, but I always go back to her.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

healing is reactive, and you don't often get a ton of time to react. my water/pain is very functional but he's a loving LOT of work to run effectively

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How's Darkness Control for Controllers? That wolf summon is rad as gently caress and I'm tempted to roll one.

Also in other Excelsior name news: if people start moving over I will also have to rename my Ice Controller, "Aunt Arctica" :negative: Though I haven't played much recently so if it's still easy to get groups on Indom then cool

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Dark control skews higher damage/less focus on hard lockdown, so pair it with something appropriate. Imo that makes it more desirable for a dominator, but that's just my $.02.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh, Dominator does sound kind of interesting.

Any tips on what the good "Assault" sets are for Dominator?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

Oh, Dominator does sound kind of interesting.

Any tips on what the good "Assault" sets are for Dominator?

savage bc u shoot bees

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

savage bc u shoot bees

That one has the kickass murder of ravens attack, too

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Savage is wild on dominators. Also dark control owns. And it goes well with Savage. Teleport into packs and pop your pbaoe stun and go to town.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
With the revamps Homecoming did on Assault sets they're pretty much all good now.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

10 Times 10 posted:

Does anyone know what's been happening with the auction house lately? Uncommon salvage that used to go for 1-5k are now going for 25-55k, rare is going anywhere from 700k-1mil.

Probably a sign of people playing less but the people who are still playing aren't done crafting.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

John Murdoch posted:

With the revamps Homecoming did on Assault sets they're pretty much all good now.

i'm INCREDIBLY upset that the buffs to hurl boulder have not been applied across the board to all versions of it!!!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

10 Times 10 posted:

Probably people caught on to how uncommons were like one in-set convert away from a rare most times and bought up a bunch of the ones people dropped to sell at $WHA,TEV.ER? I'm seeing higher baselines on uncommons. Rares have always been swingy though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So adding fly speed to afterburner increases my top speed, but is that just the cap or do I also need to slot fly speeds in fly to hit that cap?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Soonmot posted:

So adding fly speed to afterburner increases my top speed, but is that just the cap or do I also need to slot fly speeds in fly to hit that cap?

I think AB shoots you to the cap so if you slot flight speed into Flight, you won't notice a huge change.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Soonmot posted:

Afterburner also increases your fly speed in addition to top speed, so all you need is one Fly IO in Afterburner to hit the top speed cap while it's active. Fly by itself is speed capped straight out of the box.

There's a much longer guide about movespeeds as well. If you alternate the Jump Pack and Steam Jump powers you can hit the fly speed cap with Hover, or the higher cap with Hover+ Afterburner.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

bigeaux, it's showtime, chah

Harrow posted:

If people are starting to play more on Excelsior I need to come up with a new name for my character Scarlet Shadow, since he's my most-played character and that name is taken over there. The best I can camp over there for now is Scarlet Phantasm and that's not nearly as good for the "noir detective who uses dark magic" thing.

Scarlet Umbra

Crimson Umbra

Scarlet Dusk

Sanguine Shadow

Scarlet Sanguine

jbone fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 7, 2020

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Also as of tomorrow Homecoming is banning people for livestreaming or any newly posted videos until "the NCSoft negotiations conclude" sometime around the heat death of the universe.

which is, uh. certainly A Choice to make.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Negotiations are going poorly, it seems, but I don't see how this makes things any more legitimate.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't think they know what they're doing.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Also as of tomorrow Homecoming is banning people for livestreaming or any newly posted videos until "the NCSoft negotiations conclude" sometime around the heat death of the universe.

Sadly, it's in NC's best interest to never give an answer. If they decide to shut down Homecoming they earn a huge wave of vitriol and gain nothing; whereas if they give us their blessing, they pretty much lose the rights to the code and IP. (IANAL, of course).

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Gynovore posted:

If they decide to shut down Homecoming they earn a huge wave of vitriol and gain nothing

Didn't stop them last time!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

which is, uh. certainly A Choice to make.

Is this something they say NCSoft has imposed on them or is it a precaution they're taking on their own?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

Sadly, it's in NC's best interest to never give an answer. If they decide to shut down Homecoming they earn a huge wave of vitriol and gain nothing; whereas if they give us their blessing, they pretty much lose the rights to the code and IP. (IANAL, of course).

BRB, going to make a huge wave of vitriol in a bowl of vinaigrette.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Harrow posted:

Is this something they say NCSoft has imposed on them or is it a precaution they're taking on their own?

They haven’t said, but given that they’ve encouraged and spotlighted video guides and stuff before it sounds imposed.

In lighter news, beta updates separated auras and path auras and added asymmetry for gloves and boots:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh thank god. Can you have different glove/boot types or just patterns?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Oh thank god. Can you have different glove/boot types or just patterns?

Yeah, you can use different items too. Shoulder asymmetry is apparently next on the agenda. :toot:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

EXCUSE ME I DONT NEED ANY OTHER GAME NOW, THANK YOU.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Now that's what I like to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gently caress yeah I was literally just putting together a costume that I wanted asymmetric gloves for