Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My LGS is selling it for $55. I could sell the lands and get the cards for $30, but where can I find the whole set for $5? That's more than worth it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
my store is struggling to move them at $40

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Whenever we regain Tainen's trust

It was me, I was the idiot that posted the leaks to a public discord. Shame me for being dumb so Tainen may hear your prayers and bestow his blessings once again upon the thread.

:toxx: If Tainen posts another leak in this thread and it goes public, I'll eat a ban :toxx:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

my store is struggling to move them at $40

Well yeah, its a product literally for no one. Its a board game where one of the game pieces requires you to go out and buy a pack of magic cards. Its a complete joke of a product

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1234538964704428034

bold predictions/wishful thinking:
Pioneer: Something from Inverter is getting banned, something from Lotus Breach might go as well.
Modern: Ouat ban, maybe astrolabe as well?
Legacy: Breach banned, astrolabe maybe.
Vintage: Who knows.
Pauper no changes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Reik posted:

It was me, I was the idiot that posted the leaks to a public discord. Shame me for being dumb so Tainen may hear your prayers and bestow his blessings once again upon the thread.

:toxx: If Tainen posts another leak in this thread and it goes public, I'll eat a ban :toxx:

this is a public thread anyone on the internet can read without logging in

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cactrot posted:

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1234538964704428034

bold predictions/wishful thinking:
Pioneer: Something from Inverter is getting banned, something from Lotus Breach might go as well.
Modern: Ouat ban, maybe astrolabe as well?
Legacy: Breach banned, astrolabe maybe.
Vintage: Who knows.
Pauper no changes.

More or less what Im on.

Standard: No bans
Pioneer: Inverter and Lotus Field
Modern: Astrolabe

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Legacy: Breach. Slight chance of Veil of Summer or Astrolabe being banned but doubtful.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Come on, I clearly covered the fact that I am an idiot in the post.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

flatluigi posted:

youse a dang fool if you expect any modicum of privacy on something awful dot com

see also the gbs stalker thread

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Does something from Lotus Field Breach really need to get banned? My impression was it fell off hard with people running a couple spheres/the one mana rule of law. Having combo decks in a format is okay, as long as they aren't dominating everything. I think Inverter is on the border, if the PT Finals weren't coming up I don't think it'd be in danger.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Reik posted:

Come on, I clearly covered the fact that I am an idiot in the post.

imo if tainen posts leaks that get publicly spread around and they throw a shitfit about it they should probably be the one to eat a ban

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Does something from Lotus Field Breach really need to get banned? My impression was it fell off hard with people running a couple spheres/the one mana rule of law. Having combo decks in a format is okay, as long as they aren't dominating everything. I think Inverter is on the border, if the PT Finals weren't coming up I don't think it'd be in danger.

It's still hovering around 5% of meta according to a couple sites. I can testify that deafening silence and other non-damp sphere hate cards arent great at shutting it down thanks to blast zone and fae of wishes. I have said this before and could be wrong but I think inverter is one of breaches worst matchups and if that deck dies then breach gets better. Everyone needing to jam a bunch of rip/silence/sphere to stop a deck from rolling them isnt great.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Tainen was the one posting leaks from a private source to a public forum. They made a mistake in thinking of this thread as being comprised of thread regulars, and have decided to back off on posting the goods after realizing that. If they want to share, they should do so in some private channel on discord or something.

Posting teasing tidbits is still annoying.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Paul Zuvella posted:

Well yeah, its a product literally for no one. Its a board game where one of the game pieces requires you to go out and buy a pack of magic cards. Its a complete joke of a product

Another card requires you to have a spindown die, not included in the box.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nolgthorn posted:

Another card requires you to have a spindown die, not included in the box.

A spin down die in particular or a d20? You shouldn’t use a spindown die for Sword of Dungeons and Dragons, for example.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
A d20, I didn't realise there's a difference. I looked it up, I guess a spindown doesn't alternate between sides with numbers. Same thing.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

i really hope they don't ban astrolabe in modern, that card is really good and cool. it makes midrange good and synergizes with a bunch of stuff. if anything, ban ouat and veil!!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Arivia posted:

A spin down die in particular or a d20? You shouldn’t use a spindown die for Sword of Dungeons and Dragons, for example.

It probably doesn't really matter for Sword; the problem is that the high numbers are clustered, so supposedly if you know what you're doing you can basically guarantee yourself a high roll while not guaranteeing any specific number.

Mox Hombre posted:

i really hope they don't ban astrolabe in modern, that card is really good and cool. it makes midrange good and synergizes with a bunch of stuff. if anything, ban ouat and veil!!

ban all of them

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

you guys are no fun :smith:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Astrolabe is one of the worst cards ever printed, it should be banned in every single format

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Elyv posted:

It probably doesn't really matter for Sword; the problem is that the high numbers are clustered, so supposedly if you know what you're doing you can basically guarantee yourself a high roll while not guaranteeing any specific number.

Correct. I don't really worry about dice too much, but I would pointedly tell a player not to use a Spindown die for RPGs or any roll, even in MtG. It's trivial to do if you have a little bit of experience with rolling a d20 (because then you'll know how to spin it instead.)

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Ban Astrolabe in modern? Really? I’m not sure what modern you are playing but the Titan/Valakut/field decks have been getting stronger and stronger with every recent release and while astrolabe is a dumb card it certainly isn’t anywhere near as egregious as around four or five cards in the Titan deck.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Unban Gush in pauper so I have a desire to play that format again.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Dehtraen posted:

Ban Astrolabe in modern? Really? I’m not sure what modern you are playing but the Titan/Valakut/field decks have been getting stronger and stronger with every recent release and while astrolabe is a dumb card it certainly isn’t anywhere near as egregious as around four or five cards in the Titan deck.

Titan decks are overshadowing it but 3 and 4 color decks that are immune to non-basic hate exist and will probably be the next dumb broken thing in modern. Astrolabe is incredibly good.

My friend has been playing this deck https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-temur-snow-uro#paper he and the person playing it on Modo have been collaborating on it.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 2, 2020

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

i get the astrolabe argument for legacy because it kind of invalidates wasteland while also enabling you to play 4 colors and blood moon while sitting behind a force of will. in modern sure it's still very powerful, but modern mana bases are already really good. and it's not free to play because modern still has stuff like eidolon, chalice, and a bunch of cards that just don't care about it and do their busted thing.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Is there a software or site that facilitates MTGO tracking based on your game logs that are normally stored locally?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Called shot that will never happen: either prime time or valakut gets banned.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Hot take: ban hydroid krasis in standard, breach, dig and cruise in pioneer, every MH1 card in modern, all the Urza lands and Delver in pauper

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Leave Soulherder and Ephemerate legal. Otherwise, ban 2019.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Reik posted:

even if this was a private thread you just guaranteed that someone would share any further Tainen leaks just to troll you

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Silhouette posted:

Hot take: ban hydroid krasis in standard, breach, dig and cruise in pioneer, every MH1 card in modern, all the Urza lands and Delver in pauper

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

Considering how little play Krasis sees at this point that's definitely a hot take

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Ban suicidesteve from all forms of Magic to finally set him free.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Ditto for delver in pauper. Even some of the "delver" style lists quit running it and just use the name to describe the deck's plan.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

even if this was a private thread you just guaranteed that someone would share any further Tainen leaks just to troll you

Tainen needs to know we have faith in him.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
ban the new card frames in legacy

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Star Man posted:

Ban suicidesteve from all forms of Magic to finally set him free.

I'll play the exact same amount.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
It’s fun, to play magic

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

suicidesteve posted:

I'll play the exact same amount.

Why do you post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Welp, keep a dumb Rat Colony deck at my desk at work for fidget shuffling and spilt coffee all over it at work. Anxiously waiting till tomorrow to see how much damage there is after it dries out