Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
remembered how john sununu doomed us all to climate death, great job lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
That gigantic troves of leaked Afghanistan documents late last year that put a lie to the last 20 years of American foreign policy but no one cares because of Ukraine or whatever

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1EGReFg74

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the KGB spread AIDS denialism and eventually the Russian government tried and failed to walk it all back

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

vyelkin posted:

the way i remember it is he has a jobs for all program but he pays for that program by getting rid of all entitlements

basically a republican wet dream, you get a bunch of indentured servants who you can assign to whatever job you want them in and they can never quit because if they do then they starve to death

and in the show this is extremely popular with democratic voters lmao

I mean I got some bad news about a lot of democratic voters irl

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

rib kid murdering a coal exec for the gently caress of it

He now a ribman

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

the KGB spread AIDS denialism and eventually the Russian government tried and failed to walk it all back

they also spread the moon landing hoax and nuclear winter

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

He now a ribman
lmao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jesus lol

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

rib kid murdering a coal exec for the gently caress of it

what

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
We still don't know the results of the Iowa Caucus.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Suspect-in-Ben-Hatfields-murder-back-in-WVa-for-arraignment-380953601.html

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm pretty sure they're not the same person but it's a much more interesting coincidence/narrative if it was

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they also spread the moon landing hoax and nuclear winter

Nuclear winter isn't a hoax

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

paul_soccer12 posted:

That gigantic troves of leaked Afghanistan documents late last year that put a lie to the last 20 years of American foreign policy but no one cares because of Ukraine or whatever

Got buried entirely for me unless it's just stuff every leftist already knew

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

The 10 days the Mooch actively destroyed his own life were some of the most magical of the trump administration

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ikanreed posted:

Last year was more than a decade ago so not remembering things from that far back is normal.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The US spent 20 years and billions, if not trillions of dollars, to set up peace negotiations with the Taliban

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghanistan_Papers

quote:

The Afghanistan Papers are a set of internal documents from the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) obtained by The Washington Post through a Freedom of Information Act request that document the US war in Afghanistan.[1][2][3] The documents reveal that high-ranking officials were generally of the opinion that the war was unwinnable, but kept this hidden from the public.[1][4][5][6] NPR host Lulu Garcia-Navarro said that the "new Pentagon Papers describe explicit and sustained efforts by the US government to deliberately mislead the public.”[4]

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

MikeCrotch posted:

The US spent 20 years and billions, if not trillions of dollars, to set up peace negotiations with the Taliban

18 years ago the United States of America proudly declared air superiority over the country of Afghanistan.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Chuka Umana posted:

Nuclear winter isn't a hoax

Loosely defined, somewhat specious theory isn’t much better

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ugato posted:

Loosely defined, somewhat specious theory isn’t much better

the fringe, now debunked research the kgb picked up and spread was based on the assumption that volcanic eruptions are comparable to nuclear explosions

modern work does now say that, yeah, setting a lotta the surface of the planet on fire would affect the climate, but nuking moscow and dc is not a recipe for an instant 40,000 year long ice age

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
but really it's irrelevant whether the kgb actually believed that nuclear winter was a real threat - it's now public knowledge that they spread the idea to help avert nuclear war, or at least undermine our use of nuclear weapons, which is cool and good

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Oh wow, I always thought nuclear winter referred to the period of fallout ash falling like snow

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

patrolling this thread almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
that is 100% not that person are yall on crazy pills

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Daikloktos posted:

Oh wow, I always thought nuclear winter referred to the period of fallout ash falling like snow

Nah it's a hypothesis that a large enough fire can create a long firestorm that would kick up enough ash to cause large scale climactic cooling.

Trouble is that the math used to predict a long term cooling is fanciful at best and nukes are not unique sources of fire, so we have been able to compare the model to real life events like the Kuwait oil fields and recent major wildfires and the model just makes wrong predictions.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
president being part of the choom gang

also the president being anti-choom while president

quote:

Maraniss portrays the teenage Obama as not just a pot smoker, but a pot-smoking innovator.

"As a member of the Choom Gang," Maraniss writes, "Barry Obama was known for starting a few pot-smoking trends."

The first Obama-inspired trend: "Total Absorption" or "TA".

"TA was the opposite of Bill Clinton's claim that as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford he smoked dope but never inhaled," explains Maraniss. Here's how it worked: If you exhaled prematurely when you were with the Choom Gang, "you were assessed a penalty and your turn was skipped the next time the joint came around."

As one of Obama's old high school buddies tells Maraniss: "Wasting good bud smoke was not tolerated."

Another Obama innovation: "Roof Hits."

"When they were chooming in a car all the windows had to be rolled up so no smoke blew out and went to waste; when the pot was gone, they tilted their heads back and sucked in the last bit of smoke from the ceiling."

Maraniss also says Obama was known for his "Interceptions": "When a joint was making the rounds, he often elbowed his way in, out of turn, shouted 'Intercepted!,' and took an extra hit."

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cool dance moves posted:

The 10 days the Mooch actively destroyed his own life were some of the most magical of the trump administration

then he made a musical about trump in which he played the piano and is now outspoken against trump and saying he's ruining the country, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ZnGqbaZKc

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

she deleted it and posted this afterward lol

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This is actually breaking news but I can't imagine a more appropriate thread for it.

Flavor Flav has been kicked out of Public Enemy after a legal dispute over Chuck D (who owns the exclusive rights to the group's name) performing under the name Public Enemy Radio at a Bernie Sanders rally.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Fight the Power

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
https://twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1161353495775272960

gently caress, lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Admiral Bosch posted:

she deleted it and posted this afterward lol

im the white lady who doesn't realize people without health insurance or money cant just go to therapy

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Saw this today

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

taqueso posted:

Saw this today

more hosed up than his kid’s body after a yardwork dispute

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Interesting! Hold on, lemme google this guy and- oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

that time when the cult of Rael claimed they had cloned a human embryo