Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

dirby posted:

Surely it's Tooru.

It's Toonru,
who can only be played if you have the Toon World card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

To be fair, they snooped on his computer and didn't keep soy sauce stocked.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I really hope he explains all of his amazing galaxy brain scheme, including the part where it's technically a false conviction because he confessed. In an attempt to throw the investigation into chaos.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

He killed his parents. Not through the direct method of knifing them. But through the roundabout method of being a complete failson.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I've been thinking about it for a while. The best way to spin it, is if he says he took the blame for his parents suicide. Technically he wouldn't be lying, and it'd almost be kinda noble, not wanting their official death certificates to say they offed themselves.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Miss posted:

He killed his parents. Not through the direct method of knifing them. But through the roundabout method of being a complete failson.

To be fair, up until the point when he Googled how to buy poison, he didn't really do anything. The worst he did was be ungrateful and lazy.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Nii murdered parents, Mii murdered manga. They are the same.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Yes, keep saying the cool word.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Just look how horny it's making her!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my dear sister keeps translating 親殺し as parricide, when it's a word a 1st grader would know.

why, sister? lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

my dear sister keeps translating 親殺し as parricide, when it's a word a 1st grader would know.

why, sister? lol

Is no one even going to addresss how Mii has a hatred for the French and reconciled the murder of a French person very, very easily lmao?

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
That's all it comes up as on jisho though? Which if what you're saying is true ("IT'S FIRST GRADE, SPONGEBOB") is kind of hilarious/sad

I mean at least if he phrases it that way he still has a chance to spin it as "this is what I went to jail for, not what actually happened"; I guess he could have phrased it like "I was convicted for the murder of my parents" if we're going for more of a localization

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

why, sister? lol

I haven't been following along. What was NEET's crime???

Mii has nothing to worry about.

...unless she's a parent! :eek:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blood Nightmaster posted:

That's all it comes up as on jisho though? Which if what you're saying is true ("IT'S FIRST GRADE, SPONGEBOB") is kind of hilarious/sad

i mean, its not that children should be expected to say the term, but its 2 words "parent" "kill" that are really basic, so i find it funny that jmdict (the dictionary jisho uses), and i guess by extension sister make, are using such an official-sounding word

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Mr. Steak posted:

i mean, its not that children should be expected to say the term, but its 2 words "parent" "kill" that are really basic, so i find it funny that jmdict (the dictionary jisho uses), and i guess by extension sister make, are using such an official-sounding word

He threw them a splendid death.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Mr. Steak posted:

How did that pun about killing the French work in the original?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Hatter posted:

How did that pun about killing the French work in the original?

uhhhhh. lol.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gonna let you figure that one out on your own lmao

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Lotta real smrt people in this thread.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

People really have to stop posting alternate universe stuff without indication

or people should start paying attention lol

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

These forking "NEET" timelines are very confusing!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lmao damnit i thought that was a real update

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

It was a good joke strip and really fitted the characters, good job :golfclap:

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao

"maybe...maybe he's not a TOTAL piece of poo poo"

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

He's not anymore tho

Still weird but he's nice to other people now

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Tohru got some of his worst traits punched out of him in Gay Baby Jail

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

What other word should be used here?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Autoannihilate still makes me laugh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Glenn Quebec posted:

Autoannihilate still makes me laugh

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devils Affricate posted:

What other word should be used here?

well, i want to be clear: sister make's translation is perfectly valid too.

in this context i wouldve just put something like "i was convicted for killing my parents", and if used alone as a noun, stuff like, "parent-killer" or "parent-killing" (it applies to both the concept and the people)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dragonatrix posted:

Tohru got some of his worst traits punched out of him in Gay Baby Jail

Probably this.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This conversation reminds me of when localizers thought Americans would be too dumb to understand what a philosopher was.

I don't understand the French thing though. Is that a reference to some thing?

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 3, 2020

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Mr. Steak posted:

im gonna let you figure that one out on your own lmao

If only the op had continued their translation so all the valid posts were color coded...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shadow0 posted:

This conversation reminds me of when localizers thought Americans would be too dumb to understand what a philosopher was.

I don't understand the French thing though. Is that a reference to some thing?

What's the capital of France

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

What's the capital of France

Alright, now I get it. 3Q

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Oda would beg to differ.