Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

eric ciaramella posted:

Something weird happened because I can no longer X -> + to access the world map in sword/shield. The buttons themselves are working fine. Am I going crazy?

I think what has happened is the Wild Area weather news box wasnt showing up in the menu, and the Press + to Fly is tied to that box. I'm not sure why that box didnt show up, but my watch updated today and I havent had any problems since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Flopsy posted:

Let me embrace you brother for we are as one in this particular flavor of pain. Anointed by fire as they say.

gently caress

Framboise posted:

Gmax Raids have a legendary catch rate if you're not host. Yes, it's bullshit.

My

Flopsy posted:

The steamiest bullshit there is.

poo poo

I get scarcity, but holy poo poo these catch rates are garbage. I closed the game and went back to daemon x machina to murder robots.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

PathAsc posted:

gently caress

My

poo poo

I get scarcity, but holy poo poo these catch rates are garbage. I closed the game and went back to daemon x machina to murder robots.

This is why we on the discord have no shame in exploiting the absolute hell out of the shinies.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
G-Max Gengar is especially bad with Cursed Body, Perish Song, Hypnosis, Sludge Wave, etc

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I was in a shiny g-max raid for Machamp and that fucker didn't even bounce before he broke out. :argh: I had already used my masterball on my shield dog because I was lazy and just wanted my pokedex done, oops.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Framboise posted:

This is why we on the discord have no shame in exploiting the absolute hell out of the shinies.

I should get in there, woops

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PathAsc posted:

gently caress

My

poo poo

LOL as if it wasn't obvious gamefreak hates us from the trainers they give you if you can't find other players.

Solrock used Cosmic power is engraved on my loving soul now. And yeah sometimes you have to turn the thing off and contemplate your place in the universe for awhile.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Flopsy posted:

LOL as if it wasn't obvious gamefreak hates us from the trainers they give you if you can't find other players.

Solrock used Cosmic power is engraved on my loving soul now. And yeah sometimes you have to turn the thing off and contemplate your place in the universe for awhile.

My only solace is that I could move my shiny mewtwo into shield finally and it's dynamax cry is so loving cool

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PathAsc posted:

My only solace is that I could move my shiny mewtwo into shield finally and it's dynamax cry is so loving cool

Shine on you crazy diamond.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Flopsy posted:

Shine on you crazy diamond.

It's the simple things in life, endgame is always going to be pretty princess dress up in every game forever to me

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

PathAsc posted:

It's the simple things in life, endgame is always going to be pretty princess dress up in every game forever to me

As it drat well should be.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The rewards for the tourny are out. Get your crappy T-shirt.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Framboise posted:

Gmax Raids have a legendary catch rate if you're not host. Yes, it's bullshit.

One of the worst and most irritating game design choices Gamefreak has ever made, and that's saying something.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Is there a good way to keep track of your Pokémon's nature if you've already used a mint?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PathAsc posted:

I bought all the clothes before even working on my dex.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Flopsy posted:

At least that Gentleman is better than that idiot who keeps bringing Wobbuffet. I swear that guy is an escapee from an adult care facility that barely knows to not drool on the ball before throwing it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I want to spawn a HA Corviknight in a den but all I'm getting is Mewtwo and Kanto starters. Do I seriously need to wait for this event to be over?

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I want to spawn a HA Corviknight in a den but all I'm getting is Mewtwo and Kanto starters. Do I seriously need to wait for this event to be over?

The event is over, just go to Mystery Gift, and Get Wild Area News, and it should update.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PathAsc posted:

gently caress

My

poo poo

The good news is every month or so there's a set of Gmax with boosted spawn rates and actual sane catch rates. They've been rotating through them so there's only a matter of time before any you don't have get rotated in.

I agree it's utter bullshit though. Def hop into the Discord and profit from us abusing the system! It's great fun.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Is there a good way to keep track of your Pokémon's nature if you've already used a mint?

Does it still say its original nature on the Summary screen?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mustafa posted:

The event is over, just go to Mystery Gift, and Get Wild Area News, and it should update.

Oh perfect

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
How do you get the t-shirt for participating in the online competition? I thought it might be through mystery gift but that didn't work.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hammerite posted:

How do you get the t-shirt for participating in the online competition? I thought it might be through mystery gift but that didn't work.

Go to online competition through Vs to get your results then go to Mystery gift.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wish the GTS worked faster. I think it's on the same sort of cool down as Wonder Trading and I'm trying to finish up my dex smh

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

RatHat posted:

Go to online competition through Vs to get your results then go to Mystery gift.

OK. I already went to "online competition" yesterday and it told me "the competition is over" and unlocked my battle team, but I guess I needed to wait a bit and go in a second time.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This season multiplayer is so fun

I’ve been having success with leading Torkoal Venusaur if I know the other team has no easy weather stuff

People assume you’re gonna Dmax venusaur and do everything in their power to kill it

Then trick roomer comes out sets up trick room for Torkoal and the Snorlax in the back to clean up :getin:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also my Torkoal has clear smog and an assault vest why not

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Did sword/shield add an auto trick room ability or do I still need to turn to romhacks for that kind of batshit insanity?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Shortest Path posted:

Did sword/shield add an auto trick room ability or do I still need to turn to romhacks for that kind of batshit insanity?

The latter.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This season multiplayer is so fun

I’ve been having success with leading Torkoal Venusaur if I know the other team has no easy weather stuff

People assume you’re gonna Dmax venusaur and do everything in their power to kill it

Then trick roomer comes out sets up trick room for Torkoal and the Snorlax in the back to clean up :getin:

You should make this a rental team! Sounds fun

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Does Home's room trade have a minimum number of users? Every time I've tried to use it with two people, it just kicks us out.

indigi posted:

I wish the GTS worked faster. I think it's on the same sort of cool down as Wonder Trading and I'm trying to finish up my dex smh

I don't think GTS is on a cool down. My friend and I, who live too far apart to friend trade, used the GTS to trade some legendaries. (Player A puts up a crappy Pokemon like Seel and demands a legendary for it. Player B accepts. Player B puts up the same Seel and demands the other legendary for it, Player A accepts)

My friend was able to see and accept the listing within seconds of me posting it.

I did have to close and reopen the app to see the completed trade, though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The problem with GTS has always been that there's so much poo poo to sort through that it takes forever to find good trades. When you list a good trade, it's one in a sea of millions of "give me a legendary for this bidoof" trash listings.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Bobulus posted:

I did have to close and reopen the app to see the completed trade, though.

wow I guess all of my trades went through at some indeterminate time in the past. I'll have to close it more often

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

The problem with GTS has always been that there's so much poo poo to sort through that it takes forever to find good trades. When you list a good trade, it's one in a sea of millions of "give me a legendary for this bidoof" trash listings.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
It feels worse than that a totally since all I see are people requesting poipole and naganadel at levels lower than are possible without hacking.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Elblanco posted:

It feels worse than that a totally since all I see are people requesting poipole and naganadel at levels lower than are possible without hacking.

yeah this is all i see. if people just wanted like a mewtwo for their pidgey someone out there could at least complete the trade, but they all want lv1 poipoles

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So, Pikalytics updated and yeah. The Champ is back with vengeance. However, he is still getting edged out by Togekiss. Not really sure what to make of that. Also, Venasaur and Milotic skyrocketed in usage with Milotic utilizing Coil+Hypnosis.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wow, that's awesome. Togekiss has been right up there as one of my favorites since I first laid eyes upon its glorious form.

I just picked up shield a couple days ago after not having played pokemon since shortly after sun and moon first launched, so I'm way outta the loop hahah. I just got to the first gym and uh... wow they really just let you put 420 on the back of your shirt, huh? This game owns.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
the worst part is there's no longer a point to it

previously, GTS trades like that were understandable, it was how you traded items between games - put a trashmon up for a very specific rare type of pokemon, so you can trade yourself for it

but with it being run through home, the only reason for trades like that is being a dumbass and/or troll

Mesadoram posted:

So, Pikalytics updated and yeah. The Champ is back with vengeance. However, he is still getting edged out by Togekiss. Not really sure what to make of that. Also, Venasaur and Milotic skyrocketed in usage with Milotic utilizing Coil+Hypnosis.
milotic was attainable before, why's it skyrocketed now? neither of those moves are transfer-exclusive.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I finally bred a shiny noibat. I think I'm gonna make a team with him, purrserker, arctozolt, and eldegross so far cause why not. Don't know who else I'll add but I just wanna make a weird rear end team.

Currently on my other team my strategy is to send out my barreskuda and clefable. Dynamax while fable follows me and try to just murder as many of my opponents Pokemon with my fish cannon as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Blaziken386 posted:

milotic was attainable before, why's it skyrocketed now? neither of those moves are transfer-exclusive.

If I had to guess, its a counter to the champ. Generally speaking as well, her hidden ability is super useful in current meta.