Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I'm not sure how I would react if I went to a barbecue and they were serving hotdogs.

You've been to a sausage sizzle before, right? It's like that, only the meat isn't burnt and bland and you aren't outside a Bunnings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's always hot dogs if there's little kids around. Burgers, chicken thighs, various sausages. You need all of those at the very least for a good BBQ.
Children don't like chicken and sausages where you're from?

aardwolf posted:

You've been to a sausage sizzle before, right? It's like that, only the meat isn't burnt and bland and you aren't outside a Bunnings.
You're describing hotdogs as "not bland"? :crossarms:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hot dogs are a sausage you nincompoop.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hot dogs are a sausage you nincompoop.

Sure. So's salami. So's liverwurst. They're not the kind you have at a barbecue though, nor are they commonly referred to simply as "sausages". When you said "There's always hot dogs if there's little kids around." and I asked if you were implying that children don't like sausages, I meant "the kind of sausages commonly served at barbecues, specifically excluding hotdogs." I thought that was pretty clear from context.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kids like salami too. :colbert:

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Hot dogs are good junk food, I'll go to bat for them. There's like, real barbeque with brisket and slaw and stuff, that's not what hotdogs are for. But if you're having a quick backyard grilling get together with chips and plain hamburgers and corn, toss on some dogs. Yum.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah people are confusing 'barbeque' with 'grilling'.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah people are confusing 'barbeque' with 'grilling'.

The first is the word we use for the second in Australia.

I suspect that frankfurter sausages in the US can be a better quality than we get here. BBQing a hot dog here would be better than it deserves. Tiggum is right to microwave them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can't believe I had to put a goon on ignore because they literally don't understand what a "hotdog" is lmao.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Had to? At least you're a man of principle, even if they are silly principles I guess.

My unpopular opinion is that taking the forums seriously and curating an ignore list is insane.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you ignore someone, you should announce it by name at every opportunity unless you are a posting coward.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Anyone that’s annoying enough to ignore is annoying enough to get quoted a dozen times a page, so it’s kind of a futile gesture anyway.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Hotdogs aren't even in the same league with all the good stuff you can choose to eat at a decent BBQ. I don't know what to think about this discussion but it's offensive. Even my toddler boy looks down on that poo poo, boiled, steamed or whatever the gently caress you want to do with these misfits amongst sausages

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't make hotdogs for the children because they dislike the other stuff, you do it because they're monsters who won't eat more than a bite anyway so you're not wasting anything on them.

Children can have little a chicken, as a treat.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Out of the two most popular movies that are about classical composers, Immortal Beloved is much better than Amadeus.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anyone that’s annoying enough to ignore is annoying enough to get quoted a dozen times a page, so it’s kind of a futile gesture anyway.

Actually, the last person I put on ignore was pretty soon after banned for being too annoying. Bonus points for if you know who that was.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

Actually, the last person I put on ignore was pretty soon after banned for being too annoying. Bonus points for if you know who that was.

Twee As gently caress?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It was Bravest of the Lamps.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd throw down a :5bux: to see a list of everyone who has me on ignore lol.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

veni veni veni posted:

I have you on ignore for one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

veni veni veni posted:

I don't have you on ignore, but I do ignore you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The ignore button is for cowards and the weak willed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I don't have you on ignore, but I do ignore you.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Solice Kirsk posted:

The ignore button is for cowards and the weak willed.

Someone just found themselves on the ignore list

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I have you on ignore for one

I'm calling your bluff.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I have one person on my ignore list. They have hurt me a thousand times and I have suffered quietly. From contextual clues I gather that they're actually a fairly good poster but nevertheless.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I once tried to Ignore Lowtax but I got an error message that said I couldn’t do that.

That’s my use of the ignore function story.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It looks like the billionaires and their political arm the DNC have made Biden their candidate. He is going to lose to Trump. They are fine with this, they prefer Trump over Bernie.

Darkest timeline, etc.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

doverhog posted:

It looks like the billionaires and their political arm the DNC have made Biden their candidate. He is going to lose to Trump. They are fine with this, they prefer Trump over Bernie.

Darkest timeline, etc.

Yeah it’s like everyone knows Uncle Biden can’t stand to basic scrutiny.

Not like impeccable Trump :negative:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

It was Bravest of the Lamps.

It is amazing that one of only five users more commonly ignored than BotL is Amethyst, aka the person that rushed to QCS to fight his banning

doverhog
May 31, 2013

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Yeah it’s like everyone knows Uncle Biden can’t stand to basic scrutiny.

Not like impeccable Trump :negative:

Trump has proven he is immune to any scrutiny or criticism. He said he can shoot people on the street, or grab women by the pussy, and he was right.

Biden has no chance against Trump. He's like a corpse stuffed with money put up to deny Bernie the nomination.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

doverhog posted:

Trump has proven he is immune to any scrutiny or criticism. He said he can shoot people on the street, or grab women by the pussy, and he was right.

Biden has no chance against Trump. He's like a corpse stuffed with money put up to deny Bernie the nomination.

Biden: *says something daft*

Trump: *tweets ‘yabba dabba doo!’*

America: Compelling!

Biden: *avuncular leer towards convertible Lebaron*

Barron Trump: *rocks back and forth*

America: paterfamilias

Biden: I was veep during the *checks notes* Fast and Furious!

Trump: MEXICANS ARE RAPISTS!!

America: can’t change horse midstream

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/marrowing/status/1235530884008140804?s=20

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

librarians rISE UP

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

but I already know what books I have

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bernie never had any chance, neither in his own party or against Trump. It's like watching people root for The Generals against the Globetrotters. You know the game is rigged, but you just keep doing it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

*taps the sign*

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bernie never had any chance, neither in his own party or against Trump. It's like watching people root for The Generals against the Globetrotters. You know the game is rigged, but you just keep doing it.

They are nearly tied with more than half of the states left.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

They are nearly tied with more than half of the states left.

Is this a sign that it's ok to talk some poo poo?

Whether Bernie has a chance against Trump is a separate issue. Biden for sure has none, and the billionaires who own the Democratic party are fine with this. Just look at how everyone except Warren dropped out at exactly the right time. She's in it still just to steal votes from Bernie. They all got together in a dark room filled with smoke and stacks of dollar bills and wall street cronies and made a deal to keep Trump president, just to deny Americans health care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I already root for the habs