Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

PMush Perfect posted:

Can he at least get a costume that looks less like a diaper?

It's supposed to be a bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can he at least get a costume that looks less like a diaper that's supposed to be a bowl?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

He can upgrade from diapers when he's a less lovely character

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Also he hasn't had an actual, like, fight in a really long time and that's too bad because seeing him solve problems with his quirk is actually interesting and cool

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mineta's line from this episode is IMO his worst moment in the series and is definitely completely inexcusable. I was also really hoping that they'd cut it.

If it makes people feel better though I don't remember anything else too bad from him from now on so maybe this was the moment Horikoshi decided to dial it back. God knows it warrants it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What did he say?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zzulu posted:

What did he say?

he told eri that he looks forward to seeing her in ten years (when she’s legal)

not great!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Mineta's line from this episode is IMO his worst moment in the series and is definitely completely inexcusable. I was also really hoping that they'd cut it.

If it makes people feel better though I don't remember anything else too bad from him from now on so maybe this was the moment Horikoshi decided to dial it back. God knows it warrants it.

This arc is basically the end of his screen time altogether from what I recall

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why Horikoshi put Grape Quagmire in his manga, but I don't like it.

The dark truth is that Horikoshi is horny and Grape-kun is a vector for it

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

This is for the best.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

He gets some in the arc after the next one, but I think that's it as far as has been released in English.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mineta has been a nonentity for years, yeah. He's gotten some stuff in the movies, but even then it's not much.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like how Kota was rewarded with an eyeful of the girls when he kept Mineta from climbing the wall during the summer arc

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I just registered that they’re all doing their best deku imitations here
:3:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kild posted:

Now this can finally be revealed

To add to this, last week some bookstore in Japan was giving out free Aizawa cards with the new volume release, including a picture of Aizawa as a kid and look at what he's wearing:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

la brava makes me uncomfortable, which is too bad because otherwise gentle is great

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Why?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

because if you told me she is 6 years old, i would believe you, and her established personality is "wildly in love with an incredibly old guy" which as of this last episode he apparently reciprocates

having to spell this out feels weird

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

because if you told me she is 6 years old, i would believe you, and her established personality is "wildly in love with an incredibly old guy" which as of this last episode he apparently reciprocates

having to spell this out feels weird

She's 21, and Gentle is 32. He's just got that Steve Martin prematurely aged look, and she's barely taller than Mineta.

So, yeah, I can see a bit of awkward, but it's meant to be a much narrower gap than an initial glimpse might suggest.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Okay I would not have pegged La Brava as an adult. I figured she was just an obsessive fangirl that's also a great hacker because cartoons. Although one of the photos in the ED seems to imply they were at school together.

Them being similar age does actually make their relationship cuter, if true.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, La Brava's not a child. She's just short.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yeah she's a shortstack. But 21 at her introduction. Granted, they didn't do a great job conveying that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, I just assumed that she was a kid who ran away from home to team up with her idol. That makes more sense then.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I think most people assume the character who looks like a child, is a child. Which is why some people get uncomfortabe by it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

La Brava is Babydoll from Batman the Animated Series.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Short people are real, one helped me through a ticket booth in Japan.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
She only looks like a child you plebians, she is actually a 9000 year old demon, furthermore

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

La Brava never looked like a child to me, given she has an adult figure. She's just someone suffering from a mildly fictionalised case of dwarfism, it's mostly the head size and stuff that's off, but that's general anime character design, Mineta has the same issue and possibly the same condition.

In the manga she looks slightly more accurately proportioned for her condition as well, which helps, they thinned her body and enlarged her head in the anime, which adds to the effect of potentially looking like a child I suspect.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 3, 2020

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Horikoshi draws La Brava with adult proportions, she's just small. Without a regular sized point of reference next to her the only thing that would make you think she's not an adult are her eyes being absolutely enormous. And the anime version's eyes take up even more real estate on her face than manga's because they're drawn more like rounded squares with a chunk cut out than rounded rectangles with a chunk cut out. Plus the anime makes every single girl and woman who isn't already a rail thinner.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Look, it's loving weird as hell and we all know it, but bear with us, anime viewers.

It'll be okay! or will it??????

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

La Brava is Babydoll from Batman the Animated Series.

:hmmyes:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zzulu posted:

She only looks like a child you plebians, she is actually a 9000 year old demon, furthermore

Don't do this, thanks!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Question for anime only watchers, how do you all feel about the Overhaul arc now that it’s done? Back when it was coming out in the manga I remembered it being a slog and found the anime to be a fair bit better paced about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It helped that the generally pointless Kirishima flashback was only like 10 minutes and not 2 weeks.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It helped that the generally pointless Kirishima flashback was only like 10 minutes and not 2 weeks.

it was required for this current arc to establish mina as a sick dancer???

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I liked the Kirishima back story, it fleshed him out a great deal.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Question for anime only watchers, how do you all feel about the Overhaul arc now that it’s done? Back when it was coming out in the manga I remembered it being a slog and found the anime to be a fair bit better paced about it.

i give it a 3.5/5

i feel like with some slightly better execution it could've been really good, instead it feels like "just another arc." not super remarkable in hindsight, for good or ill

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
My biggest issue with it is that the cinematography or whatever of the hideout raid wasn't dynamic enough to really sell just how many people were participating on both sides and keep tension. It felt very 'the team runs down the hallway and periodically fights a random encounter until they reach the boss'. I thought basically everything else worked reasonably well.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pretty much the same as I felt about it at the time - it seemed too self-contained, with a hell of a lot of time devoted to exploring the motivations and backstories of characters that had never appeared before that arc and at least some of whom wouldn't appear since. The fact that Eri and Mirio have continued to play a big role has helped a lot with that, though.

I would have liked it a lot more if it didn't dedicate so much of its runtime to a single conflict in samey underground halls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If only there was a group that was fighting above ground...