Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

802.11weed posted:

from closed beta to awakening, “There will be bugs”

But enough about Wolcen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think Wolcen is "from closed beta to infinity...and beyond!"

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
the more they patch it (only possible once a week), the worse it gets! its beautiful

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It would be cool if rare chests could get a “skills supported by level 20 spellslinger support”

Or gloves or whatever

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was going Kinetic Bolt as my starter anyways, this just makes it much more interesting.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Kinetic Bolt (and Wandslinger changes) in general are also a huge boost to the Eternal Empire Timeless jewels. Find one that gives a shitload of spell damage in the completely wrong area for wanders and benefit from it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hmmm. Try to do some kind of insane wandslinger right out the gate or take advantage of the fact that everything not wands will be off-meta and thus cheaper.

Win-win I guess!

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I am horny for patch notes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I am horny for patch notes Mathil's cosplay for this league

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Those wand skills are drat sexy and they open up so many more viable crafted wand affix's.

Spellpower and Physical rolls? yeah sure meta wand let's go.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm leaning towards mines this season or maybe cyclone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ive never used a wand skill lmao

I created my account in 2013.

Edit

I leveled a poets pen scion a few years ago I think. Pre PP nerf and pre scion nerf

Scion could get warlords mark in a ring and get over leech on spell hits. It was crazy

euphronius fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 3, 2020

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I wonder if the "gain X% of [Damage] as [Other Damage]" mods on wands will work with Spellslinger. It's been a while since I looked into the particulars of that.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

RPZip posted:

I wonder if the "gain X% of [Damage] as [Other Damage]" mods on wands will work with Spellslinger. It's been a while since I looked into the particulars of that.

Those are global so I think it adds it to both the attack and slung spell. Spellslinger itself shouldn't interact with it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
will spellslinger work with wand attack totems? and where would the spell originate, from you or the totem?

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Zero VGS posted:

Those are global so I think it adds it to both the attack and slung spell. Spellslinger itself shouldn't interact with it.

Ah, okay.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

will spellslinger work with wand attack totems? and where would the spell originate, from you or the totem?

The text says when "you" perform a wand attack so totems/mines/traps shouldn't work with it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Mark commented this on Reddit:

quote:

This is a trigger, and like all other triggers in the game, skills with a trigger cannot be used manually, and skills with multiple triggers are disabled, preventing triggering or using them at all.

So I would guess that it can't be used with totems/traps/mines, but idk. (e: because other triggers don't work with them)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I'd guess no based on precedent, but have we seen the actual text of the gem yet?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Much as I want to make my very own melt-your-graphics-card eirlreiken build with spellslinger wands, I never really manage to play enough to amass the kind of currency I suspect that’ll need, and as usual I have something scheduled that’ll limit my play some the first day or so of the league.

I’m not really sure what I want to league start with honestly, outside of not wanting to do skeletons-focused zoo necro again. How is scourge arrow as a starter? I don’t think I’ve played a bow build in earnest since before 3.0, if at all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spellslinger gem is from a vendor. It’s free. No enabling uniques needed

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Sure, but I bet the gear that it’ll need to be effective won’t be with everyone and their uncle also giving it a try. Who knows though, if it turns out that it can league start pretty well on the cheap I’ll give it a shot.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
But you still need a GG wand don't you? Which, as previously discussed is basically the most expensive crafting sink in the game, and that's before everyone wants one, or rather two.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh you mean like tier 16 effective vs getting though the campaign ?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Well what's the point in getting through the campaign if that's all it can do?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Theperson mentioned league starter

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Maybe league starter means something different to you, but to me it means something that can cheaply and quickly get to the point of farming valuable drops to enable a second build, so needs to be able to do red maps comfortably at the very least.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
League starter to me means anything that can run straight through into T16 maps without hitting any major roadblocks on the way and generally doesn't require a dozen different drops for interlocking mechanics just to function.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I don't think you'll need a GG wand at all. Its basically a spell build, which usually scale easily and cheaply.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
League starter means what you start the league with. Hence, the name.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And yeah spellslinger seems on paper pretty drat good unless the reserved mana is crippling, you can play poet's pen-lite right off the bat and scale it into something strong.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think most people think “reliably run t16s” with league starter

Maybe they do idk

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
We have the possibility for another kitava meltdown with wand skills.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

League starter to me means anything that can run straight through into T16 maps without hitting any major roadblocks on the way and generally doesn't require a dozen different drops for interlocking mechanics just to function.

Yeah, this mostly. Much as I enjoy PoE I don’t usually wind up playing enough to do more than one, maybe two, characters a league, so I try to pick builds that can get through all/most content without needing multiple exalts of investment.

I also get through the story slow as gently caress so that doesn’t help at being filthy rich, I need to better internalize going fast.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Tenzarin posted:

We have the possibility for another kitava meltdown with wand skills.

I'm here for this.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The real pro-tier league starter is trying out a new skill, and being so disgusted with it that you quit the game in act 3 and don't come back for two leagues.

Ask me about how I feel about spectral shield throw.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I've been looking at 'alot'( a good number) of builds to go this next season. Almost all of them require some investment to get pretty decent dmg but the atlas takes alittle bit longer to do now so it evens out.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And yeah spellslinger seems on paper pretty drat good unless the reserved mana is crippling, you can play poet's pen-lite right off the bat and scale it into something strong.

15% base res is tiny plus spellslinger itself takes a slot so a fully linked spell could be as low as 30-35% if you don't need to use expensive supports like gmp. Since it apparently casts all linked spells simultaneously I think two linked spells + cheap supports + a herald could be the play.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I don't even consider starting with builds that can't realistically hit T16s without crazy investment. I tried something off-meta a few leagues ago and it felt horrible to be trapped in early maps in the first crucial days of the league. I do want to try out the new Animate Weapon but I'm probably starting good old zoo necro unless it's nerfed into oblivion.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Spellslinger may not be fully realized until poe2 where people make builds slinging 5 5l spells on their wand attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

League starter is a build you start the league with