Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh wait, Monster Pulse is written by the artist that the Gunnerkrigg Court dude married a year or so back?

It sure is!

She was even on a few of the Gunnerkrigg retrospective videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I've never been so satisfied to see someone's tongue get ripped out of their mouth.

I was a few strips behind on Wilde Life. At least now the danger is totally over and everyone's safe and there's nothing more to worry about.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh wait, Monster Pulse is written by the artist that the Gunnerkrigg Court dude married a year or so back?

Yeah, Magnolia Porter, now Magnolia Porter-Siddell. She also contributed a bunch of monster designs to Undertale and Deltarune for Toby Fox.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, Magnolia Porter, now Magnolia Porter-Siddell. She also contributed a bunch of monster designs to Undertale and Deltarune for Toby Fox.

I thought the only monster she contributed was the spider boss

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I know she designed Monster Kid, and at least a few others. Checking the credits, she's also responsible for Snowdrake, Ice Cap, Gyftrot, and Vulkin. Possibly other things.

Muffet was designed by a different webcomic author, Michelle Czajkowski of Ava's Demon.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 3, 2020

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

If I’m remembering correctly, Tom and Magnolia were also friends for years before becoming a couple. I’ve been reading Monster Pulse since the day it started because Tom promoted it on the GKC site when it did.

I also distinctly remember Magnolia saying on her tumblr that she did a pose reference for the “Jones gets a party hat” page of GKC, but did not believe that was actually what the page was about until it went up.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Also did bobwhite which I need to reread:
https://www.bobwhitecomics.com

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

God Bobwhite is so good from the get-go. This one is like, the fourth comic and it's easily one of the funniest loving strips.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And on both Monster Pulse and Sleepless Domain, a shoe drops

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

"oh what a surprise she just runs away when she's cornered!" - cassidy, probably

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"she admitted it was her fault! that proves she did kill her friends to steal their powers!"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

habeasdorkus posted:

Wanted to give a plug to fellow goon 3's new (literally, first post today) webcomic A Distant Sky.

What's it about? I don't know yet. Let's find out!

I thought I had put something in there about spaceships modeled out of Legos, and taking bets on how long it would take for one to show up. Too late now, one appeared on page two.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

habeasdorkus posted:

I thought I had put something in there about spaceships modeled out of Legos, and taking bets on how long it would take for one to show up. Too late now, one appeared on page two.

Actually, I kinda suspect that's an airship not a spaceship. The fact that they're going to "Seahaven" and seem to be on the deck of the thing makes me think airship.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

So... the bet is still on!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

Three Two One Weeks Before The Boat Was Destroyed

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
I've posted about my comic, The Last Cowboy, before and people seemed to like it so I just wanted to say that it's now complete! So if you're interested in sci-fi about angry girls in space you can now read the whole thing from start to finish.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
^^^Oh, word? I read some of it a year or two ago and enjoyed it, I'll have to finish it now!

habeasdorkus posted:

Didn't 3 model out Jade Rabbit's mech mode in Lego too?

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 5, 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

sweetguts posted:

I've posted about my comic, The Last Cowboy, before and people seemed to like it so I just wanted to say that it's now complete! So if you're interested in sci-fi about angry girls in space you can now read the whole thing from start to finish.

Bittersweet, that comic was a favorite of mine the whole run.:gbsmith:

I do hope we see more in the setting. :pray:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hey, 3, if you're reading this, have you read the manga version of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? I'm getting a sense you probably have the way that second airship breaks through the clouds to attack the first ship.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
so, I have been banned from paying for ads on both facebook and twitter with no stated reason

(I was actually banned and unbanned by facebook 5 times in the span of a week before giving up)

I have to be manually approved to post on reddit

tell your friends about My Delirium Alcazar, the webcomic-ish thing about being gay and having sad pizza parties in your empty murder house

I don't want to constantly poo poo up this thread with it but uhhh I'm apparently not allowed to advertise anywhere else

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Sleepless Domain is giving us some backstory on Cassidy, looks like she’s super obsessed with HP but she also has an Alchemical Aether doll as well

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

yeah i'm seeing where this line starts and how it leads to the present pretty easily

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
She actually just really likes the color pink and is mad Undine got to incorporate it into her look. Meanwhile it clashes with her creamsicle look.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TwoPair posted:

She actually just really likes the color pink and is mad Undine got to incorporate it into her look. Meanwhile it clashes with her creamsicle look.

There does look like a poster for a third, unfamiliar girl there that is also pink-themed.

She was definitely one of those girls that really wants pink everything all the time.

Junko
May 16, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

so, I have been banned from paying for ads on both facebook and twitter with no stated reason

(I was actually banned and unbanned by facebook 5 times in the span of a week before giving up)

I have to be manually approved to post on reddit

tell your friends about My Delirium Alcazar, the webcomic-ish thing about being gay and having sad pizza parties in your empty murder house

I don't want to constantly poo poo up this thread with it but uhhh I'm apparently not allowed to advertise anywhere else

Hey man, that's weird and understandably frustrating. Have you tried Comic Ad Network? It's similar to Project Wonderful. Not as huge yet, obviously, but maybe worth a try. You could also ask for advice in the Making Comics thread over in Creative Convention, or check out the Discord link in this Twitter profile to talk to a bunch of other creators who might also have suggestions.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

sweetguts posted:

Just powered through it in a sitting, and it was wonderful. Thank you linking it again now that it's complete.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Junko posted:

Hey man, that's weird and understandably frustrating. Have you tried Comic Ad Network? It's similar to Project Wonderful. Not as huge yet, obviously, but maybe worth a try. You could also ask for advice in the Making Comics thread over in Creative Convention, or check out the Discord link in this Twitter profile to talk to a bunch of other creators who might also have suggestions.

Comic Ad is good, I almost slapped an ad for it on my sad post because it needs more love (which is also the problem: there's not enough people using Comic Ad yet, so the gains in viewership are... steady, affordable, but very slow). I can get like 20 more hits in a week for a matter of pennies, which is an amazing CPC but that's the most juice I can squeeze, there's no "put more money in for more hits" I am doing it as hard as it'll do until Comic Ad gets bigger (which, to be fair, it has been doing and this is already much better than it was when it started)

(the addition of non-webcomics like Flexible Survival and Pocket Nightmares to Comic Ad has also made a huge difference; my comic's ... almost more of a game than a comic and seems to ping well with folks already visiting browser game sites)

I've tried the Making Comics thread but since December only 1 person that isn't me has posted, and it was to promote another thread lmao it is not a very active corner of the forum

I might try the discord link in a few days, I am very tired. I also tried to contact some big podcast groups to advertise on roleplay-adjacent podcasts, but I'm one person and not a company with hundreds of thousands of dollars so nobody's e-mailed me back yet. Even the bare minimum for promoting on Twitter is $50 now, which seems outrageous to me.

This has been me ranting about trying to professional webcomic, it is really loving hard and I don't suggest it

jeff jacques drew some like, almost action perspectivey poo poo on this last QC. In just the act of bothering he blew me out of my seat, I'm proud of him

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 7, 2020

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

I generally like Howard Taylor's stuff, I'm in awe of his work ethic. But someone needs to burn his giant book of wind puns.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

oriongates posted:

I generally like Howard Taylor's stuff, I'm in awe of his work ethic. But someone needs to burn his giant book of wind puns.

And scatter the ashes to the winds?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Lunatic Sledge posted:

jeff jacques drew some like, almost action perspectivey poo poo on this last QC. In just the act of bothering he blew me out of my seat, I'm proud of him

Beeps was Naruto running, of course.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

LOOKIN' GOOD, LULENSKI

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

So, with the postponement/cancellation of Emerald City Comic Con later this week, a bunch of creators got left in the lurch because they depend on big cons for a big chunk of their income (one tweeted it was like getting laid off for 4-6 months with a week's notice). Some creators many of us follow that were going included Abby Howard (Last Halloween), Blue Delliquanti (O Human Star), Der-Shing Helmer (Mare Internum, The Meek (who also announced on Twitter that her mom was just diagnosed with ALS, so she's going to need as much income as possible)), Tess Stone (Not Drunk Enough), Ayme Sotuyo (unDivine), Mary Cagle (Sleepless Domain, Kiwi Blitz), and Magnolia Porter (Monster Pulse). While they should be getting refunds, it may take a while, and it'll be doubly hard to get airfare and hotels refunded.

To that end, a few creators are organizing online conventions:
Spike is running Pajma-con 2020 on Twitch later this week, and is going to be presenting and interviewing various creators, advertising their stores, and setting up panel discussions.
Jen Vaughn is going to be running Very Very Shopping Network, also on Twitch, also later this week, doing the same sort of thing.
http://www.creatorresource.com/eccc-online-a-guide-to-the-unofficial-back-up-con/ is trying to keep up a list of efforts, including a group of people volunteering to arrange the return of any materials shipped ahead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

whatever Bizarro Sephiroth horror Lulenski has become

Called it.

Also god loving dammit, she's just a solid mass of tentacles, isn't she? That's what those stray lines flowing off her imply, right?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

That's what those stray lines flowing off her imply, right?

I read those as strips of peeled skin like the other guy had.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

aegof posted:

I read those as strips of peeled skin like the other guy had.

I'm picturing a Phase 2 where the peeled skin pulls off revealing More Horror beneath

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So Suzanne Geary of Brainchild actually did the design of the Lulenski Monster. The design sheet was also posted with some plot spoilers blurred out.

https://twitter.com/Florsh/status/1237081173265956864?s=20

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

That text being blurred out isn't ominous at all, no sir.

Those tentacles are gonna eat someone

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Unlucky7 posted:

So Suzanne Geary of Brainchild actually did the design of the Lulenski Monster. The design sheet was also posted with some plot spoilers blurred out.

https://twitter.com/Florsh/status/1237081173265956864?s=20

e. oh, it's mentioned right in the concept pic.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 10, 2020

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Okay I've tried to read monster pulse twice now and both times I've bounced off because right at the beginning of the comic why does the one chick bash the dude's head in with a rock after he's grabbed by an alien? All the kids are still alive!

I know I'm missing something but I've never been able to figure out what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Benagain posted:

Okay I've tried to read monster pulse twice now and both times I've bounced off because right at the beginning of the comic why does the one chick bash the dude's head in with a rock after he's grabbed by an alien? All the kids are still alive!

I know I'm missing something but I've never been able to figure out what.

The answer basically boils down to she is doing it in a moment of panic, because she is a colossal idiot who makes terrible decisions without thinking them through.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 10, 2020