Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Montalvo posted:

I've yet to come up with a good name for my island; this is very distressing.

Me leaving to go play NH:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

kecske posted:

Welp, at least now I have a flawless island name if the character limit is 8.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If you're having trouble coming up with a town name, just choose the name of an Ultraman monster. I'm going with Peguila. You could call your town Magular, or Takkong, or Geozark!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I am curious to see how contests have been updated. If nothing else, it would be nice to see them happen with a bit more frequency.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Biggest thing about this is that it might just be cosmetic. Villagers in New Leaf would walk around fruit orchards with fishing equipment just to look busy and would never actually do anything- or stand still in the fishing animation doomed to never leave unless you do a screen transition

I see villagers holding stuff in NH but not actually doing anything yet.

We haven't seen them do anything substantial outside, just pop a squat randomly or get their net ready to catch a bug before you swoop like an rear end in a top hat to catch it before them.

But there is video of a villager dusting their house prepping for HHA and one working at their workbench that will give you a new recipe if you talk to them.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Biggest thing about this is that it might just be cosmetic. Villagers in New Leaf would walk around fruit orchards with fishing equipment just to look busy and would never actually do anything- or stand still in the fishing animation doomed to never leave unless you do a screen transition

I see villagers holding stuff in NH but not actually doing anything yet.

We’ve seen a villager stalk a bug in a trailer. We’ve also seen them water flowers and it leave the flowers actually watered.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Is this some internal attempt to keep the hype in check? Worrying about how lifeless and bland the villagers are going to be?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

My sister and I have always named our town Onett since GCN, but this time I wanted to switch it up. Our characters are named Mirasol (Spanish for Sunflower) and Poppy (Spanish: Amapola), so we’re naming it Mirapola island, which thankfully my sisters degree in Spanish can confirm doesn’t mean something unfortunate like Buttflower or something.
Anyway, if you read all that thank you for caring.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dazerbeams posted:

Is this some internal attempt to keep the hype in check? Worrying about how lifeless and bland the villagers are going to be?

Nah just thinking and posting about Animal Crossing while I wait for today to reveal how lovely it's going to be.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nah just thinking and posting about Animal Crossing while I wait for today to reveal how lovely it's going to be.

Bernie Sanders will become president and make Animal Crossing real.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Catalina posted:

Buttflower

Catalina posted:

something unfortunate

:confused:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Catalina posted:

My sister and I have always named our town Onett since GCN, but this time I wanted to switch it up. Our characters are named Mirasol (Spanish for Sunflower) and Poppy (Spanish: Amapola), so we’re naming it Mirapola island, which thankfully my sisters degree in Spanish can confirm doesn’t mean something unfortunate like Buttflower or something.
Anyway, if you read all that thank you for caring.

Calling mine Buttflower

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Brie Larson mentioned how excited she is for Animal Crossing and hooo boy do the terminally online have opinions about that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

For what it's worth, there's a subset of Animal Crossing players who got a brain worm in 2005 or so and have been unceasingly grieving this change ever since. Some scientists believe the only way to get the worm out is to pretend to be villagers and be mean to these people directly so that the parasite can start stage 2 of its life cycle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Looks like at least 10 letters.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Bernie Sanders will become president and make Animal Crossing real.

I still need my cozy animal island to chill out on to escape this primary. I will leave a spot on my island that will be converted to a gulag for all Biden supporters

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Going to ensure that my island is a monument to The Great Helmsman and Bright Father of the People (me) and exile all villagers who do not Love The Father to the Dark Lands (City Folk).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Going to ensure that my island is a monument to The Great Helmsman and Bright Father of the People (me) and exile all villagers who do not Love The Father to the Dark Lands (City Folk).

The Wii game wasn't that bad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Wii game wasn't that bad.
Animal Crossing on a non-mobile console is an abomination unto God.

It did introduce Kicks tho.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Funky Valentine posted:

Animal Crossing on a non-mobile console is an abomination unto God.

The GameCube was non mobile

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

prepuce repurposed posted:

It had a handle tyvm.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

prepuce repurposed posted:

it had a handle

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Shout out to everyone who ever transported weed or cigs to a friend's house in the unused expansion slots

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
*begins GameCube kettle bell routine*

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/kyttenjanae/status/1234894734738386944?s=20

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

jackhunter64 posted:

Shout out to everyone who ever transported weed or cigs to a friend's house in the unused expansion slots

:dukedoge:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ABOLISH NOOK DEBT

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

(Source)

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I look forward to inviting all of you to my island, COVID-19.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I adore this

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Name your island after actual plague islands.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

kecske posted:

This owns.

Anyway, since we now know it is possible to fit 10 characters, 'Dickbutte' it is.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Pen Island

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So I'm literally buying a switch so I can play AC, but I had no money when the special edition one came out and now it's not available anywhere for preorder, so I'm just praying they'll have more available on the 13th. In the meantime now I'm stressed I can't get a pretty pastel switch. :smith:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gonna be really tough not to just do Burgburgh

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Due to a lack of insect villagers I'll have to do the next best thing. The name will be Yamijima and all villagers will be pale and forced to wear trashbags.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Duckburg will be my Island

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Clocks posted:

So I'm literally buying a switch so I can play AC, but I had no money when the special edition one came out and now it's not available anywhere for preorder, so I'm just praying they'll have more available on the 13th. In the meantime now I'm stressed I can't get a pretty pastel switch. :smith:

Show up first thing in the morning at the most rural Gamestop you can get to.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's time for me to return to Lego Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Show up first thing in the morning at the most rural Gamestop you can get to.

I live in northern NJ so I don't know of anything around me that qualifies as "rural."