Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

I wish Pence would just cough right in Trump's mouth. Rifle that cough with his lips like my 1 yr old does and get it all in there.

maybe they could smooch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Polo-Rican posted:

how am i supposed to do my funny Bane voice if I'm not supposed to touch my face? all of my friends are begging me to do the Bane voice. My entire social life is built around my funny Bane voice.

It's not safe to have a social life at this time, please understand

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

D-Pad posted:

I guess it shouldn't surprise me C-Spam has a lot of Austin residents. Is one of you the guy that passed me on Mopac going 80 in a loving Yugo with a license plate that said Commie? Where do you even get parts for the loving thing?

even odds on uglycat being the thong cyclist.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bo-Pepper posted:

ITALY VACATION UPDATE

It's canceled.

Booooo! Coward!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

baw posted:

lol if u dont already live in italy

:hmmyes:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I'm here in the south waiting for you cowards to come down here and infect us, only 5 cases in my region, wtf

it's not fair that the north gets all the attention and the viruses, central-southerners are always discriminated

on Neapolitan neck a Lombard yoke

etc

etc

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Mozi posted:

according to what they said in the WHO presser, even more than that

it's 1% that are initially asymptomatic when tested positive, and a majority of those go on to develop symptoms later

this doesn't totally square with common knowledge up to this point so some grains of salt are probably called for but i suppose it's basically good news if true

the bad news is that the 2-3% death rate is actually accurate if you do happen to catch it then; the number isn't being inflated by a lack of testing for asymptomatic people

and sure, if there were symptom-less carriers it'd spread easier, but it already has the benefit of being contagious before symptoms begin

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

twoday posted:

Some interesting new ideas coming out of the technical briefing by medical experts to the Dutch congress (Tweede Kamer):

- a list of ideas that'd make people dealing with the Black Death question your understanding of medicine

the Danish response being worse than North Korea's isn't the way I'd have bet

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My elderly relatives in various states got worried about me being in the plague zone and invited me to wait it out over at their place. Had to explain that I didn't want to risk infecting them.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I have a relative that works with kids at a place where someone tested positive and the boss told the relative to not take time off and to keep workin around kids! :rip: even better the relative works at many job sites with kids and kind of rides a circuit.

every force in our society is set up to spread this loving thing and to kill as many people as possible.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 3, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

triple sulk, having finally succumb to the awesome powers conferred by the coronavirus:

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lmao gg florida

https://twitter.com/WPLGLocal10/status/1234566233758064640

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Mozi posted:

according to what they said in the WHO presser, even more than that

it's 1% that are initially asymptomatic when tested positive, and a majority of those go on to develop symptoms later

this doesn't totally square with common knowledge up to this point so some grains of salt are probably called for but i suppose it's basically good news if true

Isn't that...bad news? Am I reading this reversed? Isn't it a bad thing that 99% of people infected end up being symptomatic? It makes them easier to find but drat, that's a huge chunk out of the work force no?

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
this seems reckless hmm

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ultra Spreaders :smugbert:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Torpor posted:

I have a relative that works with kids at a place where someone tested positive and the boss told the relative to not take time off and to keep workin around kids! :rip: even better the relative works at many job sites with kids and kind of rides a circuit.

every force in our society is set up to spread this loving thing and to kill as many people as possible.

Thankfully kids don't seem to be getting very sick so they'll survive this and live fun fulfilling lives as orphans.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Victory Position posted:

triple sulk, having finally succumb to the awesome powers conferred by the coronavirus:

hell yeah

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

UnknownTarget posted:

Isn't that...bad news? Am I reading this reversed? Isn't it a bad thing that 99% of people infected end up being symptomatic? It makes them easier to find but drat, that's a huge chunk out of the work force no?

i think they're saying there's not a huge number of asymptomatic carriers out there. not necessarily that it is more infectious than previously thought

but really we can't know any of this for certain until it's all over and we're looking back at it :shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
work update:

the old women who do data entry in the cubes across the hallway from me decided to not get chinese food for lunch because of the corona virus

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

I wish Pence would just cough right in Trump's mouth. Rifle that cough with his lips like my 1 yr old does and get it all in there.

The best thing for the inside of a Trump is the outside of a phage.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I've made the joke about ordering chinese for solidarity multiple times in this thread

how dare bloomberg steal my thunder

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Gumball Gumption posted:

Thankfully kids don't seem to be getting very sick so they'll survive this and live fun fulfilling lives as orphans.

Little Corophen Annie

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

work update:

the old women who do data entry in the cubes across the hallway from me decided to not get chinese food for lunch because of the corona virus

Better safe than sorry

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Chinatown posted:

work update:

they should get italian

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

thinking about ordering a chinese now

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

New York Has Fallen

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have the poor beleaguered Chinese people risen up against their evil government yet

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

im looking for a fusion chinese italian restaurant in Boston without much luck. i guess I'll show solidarity by eating two full meals instead and then maybe track down a Persian place for dessert. you know, for solidarity :yum:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Can we get a charity goon pool going guessing the official death court from US CDC by the end of the year? We each kick in 10 dollar and the money will go toward the service industry goons who will lose their jobs.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the watercress nut, known for its interlocking cellulose walls which allow it to retain crispness after cooking

the coronavirus, known for its interlocking transmission routes which allow it to retain infectiousness after initial infection

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stephenthinkpad posted:

Can we get a charity goon pool going guessing the official death court from US CDC by the end of the year? We each kick in 10 dollar and the money will go toward the service industry goons who will lose their jobs.

I want to reserve 69 and 420

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Have the poor beleaguered Chinese people risen up against their evil government yet

Yea, in 1949.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Big East tournament played in an empty MSG will be very 2020

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Failson posted:

Possible cases is Clark and Cowlitz county, WA:

https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/mar/02/clark-county-public-health-testing-seven-people-for-coronavirus/

Just north of Portland. It's creeping along the I-5 corridor.

gently caress

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

North Seattle has some neat art.

https://i.imgur.com/Pc5kXpu.mp4

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

how about the spouse of the first dead goon instead

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

It’s funny how some people were seriously suggesting poo poo like that when the general reaction in China is more like “gently caress the incompetent local government in Wuhan and thank god the central government stepped in and sorted this out”.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I hope this doesn't result in the ventriloquist convention in kentuky being cancelled this year, odds of the epidemic lasting until july?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
My company is also going to :capitalism: apparently.

Bye everyone!

It's fine, youngs don't die of the virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Xaris posted:

Folks can we knock off the trivializing, or can a mod come in and start some bans?

Six people are dead from the virus as of today. You can get all your jollies and laughs you want from that, but I think it's sick and you're sick for joking about it.

Six people, most of them older with families and lives. I mean I guess if you're a loving psychopath you can just file them away as 'oh no some olds died, boo hoo... who cares'.

Those people had families, children, grand children, etc. gently caress off if you think it's funny that they're dying because of a virus that's turning into a pandemic from complete government inaction and missteps.