Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
My buddy's house got destroyed by a tornado in the Riverbend part of New Orleans in the 10s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

I don't have a stock ticker on my phone for minute by minute updates but apparently hacking a half percent off the interest rate didn't help and poo poo's still in free fall.

Buckle the gently caress up, this ride's just starting.

SPY is down a percent and change but the day doesn't look disastrous. Sacrifice three lambs to number and call me in the morning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BUG JUG posted:

Chattanooga is lowkey the best TN city.

I spent a lot of time in Murfreesboro and prefer it to Chattanooga. Just preference is all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

https://streamable.com/ui90a

BUG JUG posted:

Chattanooga is lowkey the best TN city.

It really is. IF the job market was better and the houses not so expensive, I'd move back in a heartbeat.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not surprised I was incorrect, but thank you guys for correcting me with links. Not like I wouldn't have believed you- it was a high probability, I just didn't recall. It could be that the cities hit before didn't have name recognition in my brain. But I always appreciate people giving me more info.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Best part is it's still total bullshit that has no connection to the real economy and yet here we are! I can't get the picture of Major Kong riding the bomb out of my head only it's Strong Daddy Trump and the interest rate.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nashville has come a long way since I moved there 20 years ago. The medical industry has pretty well turned it into a hub and it's basically little California in some parts of the city.

It's a great place for tourist poo poo, I wouldn't suggest living there, but it's definitely a better city than Memphis.

Nashville, a better city than the crown jewel of the nile?! next you'll be telling me that Houston is better than Paris!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Reminder: gently caress Bloomberg

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1234901129621835777

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

We'll need a thunk smiley that a team of cheerleaders unfurls to cover an entire football field

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Looking forward to everyone who in 2016 said the electoral college is bullshit and Clinton should have won because of popular vote explaining why a contested convention is actually cool and good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

US Berder Patrol posted:

We'll need a thunk smiley that a team of cheerleaders unfurls to cover an entire football field

e ah gently caress is aint working nm

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/boes_/status/1234912018894901248?s=19

I still loving remember the credit agencies downgrading US Treasury bonds/loans back during Obama's term. Now, investors can't get enough of that sweet, sweet 1% ROI.

Looking back, Donnie's been amazingly loving lucky.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I still can't believe anything the ratings agencies put out is believed

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I spent a lot of time in Murfreesboro and prefer it to Chattanooga. Just preference is all.

I have a friend who did his PhD in Murfreesboro who says it's a pretty sweet place (when not living next door to the taping of the latest season of Teen Mom). Never been though. I should fix that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehh, Murfreesboro isn't what it used to be. I first moved there in 2002, then promptly left for the army all of six months later. I went back in 2006 after I ETS'd, stayed until 2010, still had a good vibe, moved to Memphis for five years. Spent another year in Murfreesboro before dragging west to the wonderful weed lands. It's a great place to live in your twenties, visit anytime, lots of civil war poo poo to check out, but it's a bloated college town now.

It went from 75k people to nearly double that in the past 20 years. Kinda interested to see the census total for the city when they're done. Lotta rose colored lenses come out when I think about it that first time I lived there.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Except he wasn't opposed to it in the 1950s, he made a public show if it in the 1980s. He was in his 40s and a US Senator, and had grown up through the civil rights era. The only people opposed to school integration in the 1980s were, frankly, racists and Biden had every opportunity to be better by that point.

e: as usual, dril made the point more succinctly

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

Actually he made a big show off it in the mid-1970s and at the time opposition to busing was polling 70%+. Public opinion was pro ending segregation and very against using busing to do it

I didn't say anything about his position being good, or even understandable for the time; his position is bad.

I said many of the voters you are trying to reach had similar bad opinions and you're not going to win them over by telling them Biden's a piece of poo poo on account of things that also apply to themselves.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

If 9/11 was proof god hates America for allowing gay marriage, this is oroof god hates pop country.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Everyone should hate pop country, even our invisible monsters.

I give Midland a pass for sounding like 80s/90s honky tonks.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Everyone should hate pop country, even our invisible monsters.

I give Midland a pass for sounding like 80s/90s honky tonks.

Just listen to Old Outlaw Country forever.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Since everyone here is always asking: what's Comey up to these days?

https://twitter.com/Comey/status/1234899712991518722?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Global News posted a drone flyover of the damage in Nashville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO1ERvVxDHo

Hekk posted:

Just listen to Old Outlaw Country forever.

Counterpoint: drive-by truckers. Ben Nichols. Benjamin Tod. Love me some sad rear end street band music.

Old country rules too, but there's still good music being made.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Probably 6'7"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've seen poo poo stacked taller than that.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

What happens to the delegates that a candidate who later drops out won? Do they get reassigned?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/Comey/status/1234899712991518722?s=19

gently caress its the mythical republican who would vote for a democrat if they happened to just be a republican! The demographic the DNC has been chasing all this time!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Generally the disgraced candidate gets to put their delegates behind whichever horse they get behind after withdrawing. So in this case, butts and klobberella are riding Joes' pony.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I don't think klob got any delegates at all

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Xenoborg posted:

What happens to the delegates that a candidate who later drops out won? Do they get reassigned?
They're technically free agents, I believe.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good point, but that's not to say she won't collect any today. Even though there's no point in voting for her as she's withdrawn, plenty of people will check that box to indirectly support Joe, because they don't want to touch the poop.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Is Super Tuesday over yet?
:cripes:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Super Tuesday is the last day of Infrastructure Week

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Super Tuesday is the first day of Infrastructure Week

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

every day is Infrastructure Week

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We've always been at war with infrastructure.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Truly infrastructure week is the friends we made along the way

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

Truly infrastructure week is the friends we made along the way

It certainly isn't the motorways

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Counterpoint: drive-by truckers. Ben Nichols. Benjamin Tod. Love me some sad rear end street band music.

I'm horrible about keeping up with new musicians, but I learned about Sturgill Simpson last month, it's right in the zone for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnhKkNKzMGs

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Global News posted a drone flyover of the damage in Nashville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO1ERvVxDHo

Man, maybe I need to give it a better listen, but I just couldn’t get into DBT’s newest album. Donald Trump really did break Patterson Hood’s brain.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it's not even up to English Oceans level, hate to say it. Mike Cooleys' songs didn't resonate with me either, and his are usually my favorites.

On english oceans, When Walter Went Crazy is probably the most calm, patient story about murdering your wife I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I suppose this is a current event. Reading the information on Covid-19 Age/Sex/Existing Conditions as a 30-39 year old my chances of dying from this (based on current estimates which I know may be wrong) is .2%. But by pre-existing conditions, if I have hypertension (and nothing else wrong with me) that number jumps to 6%. Am I reading this right, because 6% is a bit uncomfortable.

Number based on this link, which I know is a few days out of date: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/