Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Benagain posted:

With regards to Klassje,what do people feel like the difference is between figuring her out with volition and drama? Drama at least feels more freaked out by the situation. Also on my second playthrough I figured her out....when I was alone with her at night because I'd snuck off from Kim to find out what I'd done over the weekend. So I couldn't arrest her. And she bailed the next morning.

She bailed prior to the tribunal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
It'd be cool if when you deputize the junior detective he gets a lil cowboy sheriff star that says his name on it. I mean, I didn't end up getting that ending, and when I replay it on PS4 when it comes out on consoles, I'm going to do every god drat thing I can to protect Kim, but if something happened at least I get to see what the stuff after that is like with your new partner.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
you can't even find your own badge, what makes you think you could find a spare for your lil deputy?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

She's playing you.

It didn't cross my mind that Klassje could again be lying about the coalition government knowing who she is and immediately pulling her out of the RCM jail and killing her. drat she is good.

I told Sunday Friend about her because she has caused the deaths of many innocent people and it has to stop.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

DropsySufferer posted:

It didn't cross my mind that Klassje could again be lying about the coalition government knowing who she is and immediately pulling her out of the RCM jail and killing her. drat she is good.

As far as I know this happens the way she expects. There's a shivers check that confirms it, iirc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah, kinda goes with the whole theme that the coalition government is obviously completely subservient to capital. Klassje's a skilled liar but she's also up front about a lot of things, I think mostly because she sees a kindred spirit in the detective.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

DropsySufferer posted:

I told Sunday Friend about her because she has caused the deaths of many innocent people and it has to stop.

How many innocent people has MoralIntern killed ya think? Big Capital doesn't need more cheerleaders, it has already won and the game is over.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Didn't see this posted yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPjrE6xkdLY

Voice actor that does Cuno.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pronounced "ill-issy-um" instead of "ell-eee-zee-um"... a true Cuno....

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Entorwellian posted:

Didn't see this posted yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPjrE6xkdLY

Voice actor that does Cuno.

Oh, he's the pianist from London Grammar. That's cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo80bXyEbkE

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

how is the voice acting in this game so good when they're all apparently just random musicians and podcasters

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the guy who does measurehead deserves a medal for having to learn how to pronounce all the race science jargon

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

how is the voice acting in this game so good when they're all apparently just random musicians and podcasters

I’m really not sure about Ruby, or Korty

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

bobtheconqueror posted:

She bailed prior to the tribunal?

Nah I just forgot to ask her about it until the night before and randomly passed a low skill check.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dreylad posted:

the guy who does measurehead deserves a medal for having to learn how to pronounce all the race science jargon

They have a making of video with him, he kept having to stop and laugh.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Klassje's VA sounds like she just woke up and called in her lines.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

TommyGun85 posted:

She sounded dead inside, which is perfect for the character she is playing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

A lot of takes and good direction I'm guessing.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

TommyGun85 posted:

It's her default affect.

sirtommygunn posted:

A lot of takes and good direction I'm guessing.

Shocking if true!

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

haha sassy popeye

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

wiegieman posted:

They have a making of video with him, he kept having to stop and laugh.

yeah that's the video that made me appreciate the work they put into this game

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

One of the things I really like about this game is everything.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think DE is going to end up with the record for how long after release everything remains spoilered, which is imho one of the best metrics for how good a game is

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dreylad posted:

HAM SANDWICH

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

TommyGun85 posted:

Klassje's VA owned actually

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Klassje's VA owned actually

yeah i was really impressed with it the first time i heard it and then i found it was the "i just want people to have healthcare honey" girl and lol

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Dreylad posted:

I liked his VA apart from when he was pronouncing things in a notFrench accent.

The only really bad one that stuck out for me was the history buff with his son.

Egghead was internally coherent. :colbert:

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

I thought it was quite jarring to have american podcasters popping up in a european-as-gently caress game with tons of thick accents. In one case, it certainly makes enough sense. I don't really grudge 'em for getting at some of that star power or whatever though - and none of the performances are particularly bad.

Who else sees a smile when they look at Volition's portrait?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dreylad posted:

he was legit my favorite voice actor in the entire game

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

The best voice actor is the dude that does the ancient reptillian brain and limbic system voices.

I looked up the credits and he also did the voices for: spinal cord, bird's nest roy, the deserter, ruud hoenkloeven, idiot doom spiral and don't call abigail.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

cool new Metroid game posted:

The best voice actor is the dude that does the ancient reptillian brain and limbic system voices.

I looked up the credits and he also did the voices for: spinal cord, bird's nest roy, the deserter, ruud hoenkloeven, idiot doom spiral and don't call abigail.

He also sings the sad song.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

cool new Metroid game posted:

He's also the VO director and the vocalist of a band called Sikth. Talented dude.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
He sounds like the actor in Highlander and thst played Raiden in the Mortal Kombat movies.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

TommyGun85 posted:

He sounds like the actor in Highlander and thst played Raiden in the Mortal Kombat movies.

Christopher Lambert.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

frajaq posted:

he was legit my favorite voice actor in the entire game

the way he says YOU HAVE *REALLY* LET YOURSELF GO is I think the line that will remain in my head the longest out of everything from this game

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Epic High Five posted:

I think DE is going to end up with the record for how long after release everything remains spoilered, which is imho one of the best metrics for how good a game is

I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn and they're still spoilering in the thread with one exception.

gently caress Ted Faro.

But yea games like these that their mystery being revealed to you is a huge part of the game. Maybe in the future when there are sequels that build on the first game, spoilers may not be needed, because if the second part picks up about how Hobocops new Robot Son is actually the Avatar of the War God from the end of the game, then no need to spoil it.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

you can't even find your own badge, what makes you think you could find a spare for your lil deputy?

(iirc)CONCEPTUALIZATION: You see something in there. Definitely a sort of potential.

ESPRIT-DE-CORPS: A redheaded young man dons the black uniform. Junior officer de Ruyter of the 41st reports to duty.

INLAND EMPIRE: In another life, perhaps?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What we hear of the protagonist's backstory seems to imply that he was more like Cuno as a child than he'd like to admit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

One big thing plot thing I really didn't like about the game, and it's probably one of the extremely few badly designed parts of the game, is that despite the ballistics Visual Calculus check that you do in the apartment letting you pretty easily figure out that the shot was coming from the island, way before the Tribunal, you can't actually go there until you reach a designated part of the story. With no real explanation, there's just no option for it. Unless I just missed it somehow.

I know that it would be really difficult to fix that plotpoint without sacrificing the rest of the story so I don't really fault ZA/UM for doing that, but it was definitely a part that worsened my detective-ing experience a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

iirc the weather and the lack of a boat prevent you from getting there sooner