Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

THS
Sep 15, 2017

nah, not yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-bloomberg-idUSKBN20R0B0

bloomberg "reassessing" his campaign

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fermun posted:

SF's first vote results in, 0% precincts reporting, part of the early vote by mail reporting only which is the most conservative voting bloc, the two DSA-member & DSA-endorsed candidates are Jackie Fielder for state Senate and Shahid Buttar to unseat nancy pelosi. this is a top-two primary so only gotta get to 2nd place to move on to the general. day-of votes in SF and people that mail their ballots in late but still early enough to be counted tend to skew heavily progressive. jackie fielder is gonna get to the general almost certainly, she's at 27%, the incumbent dem at 56%, and the republican at 17%. shahid is at 10.5%, the republican at 12.5%, and pelosi at 70% with the rest of the vote split among like 4 other also-rans. shahid might get over the hump to be in the general, and this is the first time pelosi has campaigned at all since i've been here, but i don't like his chances at all. jackie has a real chance though.

kill whitey/the olds/the rich lmao loving murderous degenerate scum

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bernie may have lost & the world doomed, but at least someone can still win

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah and the democrats being vaguely competent was pretty far fetched.

if Biden wins at least he will destroy SS and the boomers will get what they voted for

Nah boomers will be grandfathered in, it will be a gradual cutting to screw gen x, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27yOf0aUps

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do think the argument that a lot of 2016 Bernie votes were more anti Hilary than pro Bernie seems to be about right

I don’t know how I feel about that

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I regret my shameful whinging posts

Bernie will win because he has no loving choice

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tom Guycot posted:

Nah boomers will be grandfathered in, it will be a gradual cutting to screw gen x, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27yOf0aUps

Nah the grand bargain didn’t do that as far as I know

The democrats will gently caress over their base just as willingly as Trump

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i guess the good news is that the democratic party can once again delegitimize its establishment politics and ideology by losing to the idiot donald trump, but if weve learned anything its that the democratic base is determined to not learn anything so it wont really matter

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

is there going to be a Bernie vs Biden debate ??

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

the Dems will just blame any loss on the Bernie bros

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out
who's more susceptible to coronavirus? joe who's out there touching everyone, or trump who exclusively eats fast food prepared by workers who are unable to call out sick?

anyway i'm digging accelerationism b/c mad max fury road was a loving great movie and i have secretly wanted to cosplay it since it came out but i am not cool enough and maybe slightly too fat

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out

mag posted:

who's more susceptible to coronavirus? joe who's out there touching everyone, or trump who exclusively eats fast food prepared by workers who are unable to call out sick?

anyway i'm digging accelerationism b/c mad max fury road was a loving great movie and i have secretly wanted to cosplay it since it came out but i am not cool enough and maybe slightly too fat

oh also i worry that cosplaying fury road would just make me look like a burning man attendee

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

in this election they'll likely be "right" to do so because many of us are ride or die.

i mean, i know that its the parties' job to attract the voters and they're not owed votes, but biden will not bring people out, especially from sanders' side of the party and they'll use that to bludgeon us. potentially the new "mcgovern" analogy going forward

hopefully bernie will just win...somehow

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

Good. They'll be right.

Love being attributed vast amounts of power I don't really have. I intend to leverage that.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The other hope is, I think, that even the worse end of the current potential outcomes of California is within range of a contested convention, and I like to think that even if the party doesn't actually care, Biden himself probably wants to be president enough that Bernie might be able to extract concession in exchange for conceding before the convention.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i guess the good news is that the democratic party can once again delegitimize its establishment politics and ideology by losing to the idiot donald trump, but if weve learned anything its that the democratic base is determined to not learn anything so it wont really matter

More boomers will die by 2024. Hell many will be weakened by catching coravirus. So it will be an accelerated due off.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

mag posted:

you know how people thought a cyberpunk future would be cool, and now that we are living through it, it’s actually just a lame farce full of morons and really uncool cringe? the collapse would be the same thing. you wouldn’t even get a cool mask with spikes. itd be just as unfun and embarrassing as now but with more death and genocide. stay positive because a productive future is the only future with dignity

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

they will bludgeon us anyway so gently caress them

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Unfortunately, VA shows that Biden does a great job bringing out people who love republicans as long as they have a (D) next to their name.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Dems will bludgeon you anyways. What matters is when Biden loses you can hit them back, and point out Obama is at fault.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

anyways i think im gonna go back to just being a tankie and drown my foolish electoralist hopes with the immortal science

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

there is some hope in that there does seem to be legitimately a pining for the Obama era and they think Biden can bring it back

if Biden wins and they realize Obama kind of sucked or he loses and they realize it ain’t coming back

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

anyways i think im gonna go back to just being a tankie and drown my foolish electoralist hopes with the immortal science

sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning. the immortal science will always be there, you don’t have to rush

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

reignonyourparade posted:

The other hope is, I think, that even the worse end of the current potential outcomes of California is within range of a contested convention, and I like to think that even if the party doesn't actually care, Biden himself probably wants to be president enough that Bernie might be able to extract concession in exchange for conceding before the convention.

I'd trust a promise from Biden about as much as I trust his memory.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its going to be a contested convention. i dunno exactly how events play out after the first ballot but it will be history making so try to be there if you can

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

there is some hope in that there does seem to be legitimately a pining for the Obama era and they think Biden can bring it back

if Biden wins and they realize Obama kind of sucked or he loses and they realize it ain’t coming back

they'll just blame the republicans holding him back from doing all the great things obama did

(the great things obama did will never be specified)

Bearstrong
Apr 11, 2014

Satan Lives

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

anarchy is more fun than tanks cmon

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i genuinely have no idea how any person can possibly be nostalgic for the obama presidency. we elected a guy who promised to change everything for the better and whose only lasting changes made literally everything worse. now you're voting for that again, but without the sheen of hoping for a better world.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

they'll just blame the republicans holding him back from doing all the great things obama did

(the great things obama did will never be specified)

granted but after Biden who is left to harken back to Obama

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Any time you feel like you want to stop fighting do this first: Think of the border camps.

Even if Biden won, do you really believe he'll shut that poo poo down or deal with ICE properly? Hell no.

Keep fighting for those people, the one's that can't fight for themselves, the people you don't know.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bearstrong posted:

anarchism is stupid

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

reignonyourparade posted:

lol im sure biden would honor whatever arrangement they make

bernie or bust gently caress the nazis make no deals with them no surrender

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also every good candidate running in texas lost. heidi, jessica cisneros, tzintzun ramirez

Bearstrong posted:

anarchism is dumber than liberal capitalism

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

He won’t win. Lol. We need to be ready when he loses to beat it into the rank and file we are the only way forward. Boomers unfortunately may just require enough stress to get them to check out. Goal onward with those who will not be part of movement is Beatings will continue till morale improves.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Mar 4, 2020

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

CharlestheHammer posted:

granted but after Biden who is left to harken back to Obama

Sounds like someone doesn't believe in Buttigieg's speech pathologist.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

looks like those actblue tips are going to get redirected from paying off Warren's donation refunds to bribing Bloomberg to drop out

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its going to be a contested convention. i dunno exactly how events play out after the first ballot but it will be history making so try to be there if you can

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

i genuinely have no idea how any person can possibly be nostalgic for the obama presidency. we elected a guy who promised to change everything for the better and whose only lasting changes made literally everything worse. now you're voting for that again, but without the sheen of hoping for a better world.

it didn't get worse for them, they were well-off and comfortable and got to have nice warm patriotic feelings that america finally solved racism by electing a black do-nothing neolib and anyone who didn't like him was a racist hick who shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

ScrubLeague posted:

i genuinely have no idea how any person can possibly be nostalgic for the obama presidency.

You underestimate how infinitely comfy shithead liberals are. To them, Obama is just a nice man on the TV