Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
I, Arban Humbly requests to join the cult of ben as a male student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

So... What does Troubled Heart Mean?

Basically, you get nightmares that wake you up at night and cause bad moods.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Oh my god. They made a xianxia Dwarf Fortress. This is hilarious :allears:

Throw me on the pile as Kogahazan, whatever gender you drat well please.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Oh my god. They made a xianxia Dwarf Fortress. This is hilarious :allears:

It really is, too. There are some incredibly detailed simulations. I had one of my inner sect disciples sever an attacker's Yin and Yang channels last night. Separately, that is. I have no idea what that means to someone who didn't get brutally murdered from half the map away by a flying "treasure" (a pair of pants in this case -- no word if they glistened with spikes of marble, alas), but I'm sure it does something.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The worst kind of wedgie.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

The Cult of Bčn was born from a tragic origin. Though our forefather Taiyi Sect may have befallen under the cowardly ambush of evil intentions, destiny brought us founders to this land to rebuild with hope. It is through this humble resolve that we established the full embracement of egalitarian and care for all downtrodden. This sect belongs to everyone. (With hierarchy)

No matter how poor and ugly…

Disable or tragic…

Anomalous or regretful…

This place is our home.

Including this snake. Hopefully.

After the left rib cracked incident, Radio Free Kobold realized that he is weak. So weak that a snake somehow cracked his calcium-deficient left rib.

From here on, he will stop working and use all his free time to cultivate into an inner. To become strong enough to protect his brother and sister. To protect everyone from snakes that can crack a rib.

Then, he will get those Longevity Stream Water that can prolong lifespan by 99 years near our sect.

As soon as he can woo the nice old lady to let him harvest it.

Oh no, the snake is waking up and ready to leave.

Wait, it’s trying to crack our Feng Shui!

FENCE IT IN!

WE NEED IT TO CRACK OUR BAD LUCK!

Build a smithy now! We need the bow that tranquilize beast! This snake MUST stay with us!

Our Orrery could only last for a few dozen days at this rate!

The smithy is ready.

But who should have the honor of capturing the luck cracking snake? Wait… does that mean Radio Free Kobold’s luck got cracked?

This mystical event might goes deeper than we thought! We might need the sect master to deal with this shenanigans calamity of fate!

But he would not be pleased if we haven’t finish building his Extremely Aupicious Earth Wall Metal Bed room.

Then who should shoot the snake? Should we wait for Hats to decides when he returns? Can Radio Free Kobold run the risk of being cracked again?

Perhaps he feels a strange affinity of destiny with the snake, Radio Free Kobold decided to cultivate his foundation in front of the snake.

The bow is done. It is time to choose who t-

The snake starved into coma, time to feed.

Kidz to the rescue!

The snake is happy for now, but it hasn’t completely trust scary human and unlucky rock.

We could try feeding it better food, but the kitchen construction has been stalled for some reason.

Was it due to the resource intensive food freezer storage connected to the kitchen…

The Treasure Refining Platform and Pill Furnace near Hats’ room?

Or this highly important Auspicious training dummy for foundation building in front of the snake?

Everyone have been demanding it after Radio Free Kobold claimed it gave him a huge boost in his cultivation.

And his dementia.

Only one way to find out, Bčn style!

The snake woke up and continue to attack our bad luck.

Hats’ room is done, and it’s extremely aupicious! Most certainly due to the snake’s effort. Now we will wait for him to send back one more wave of student(s) before coming back to cultivate.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 3, 2020

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Zurai posted:

It really is, too. There are some incredibly detailed simulations. I had one of my inner sect disciples sever an attacker's Yin and Yang channels last night. Separately, that is. I have no idea what that means to someone who didn't get brutally murdered from half the map away by a flying "treasure" (a pair of pants in this case -- no word if they glistened with spikes of marble, alas), but I'm sure it does something.

I'd assume it means they can no longer cultivate yin OR yang arts now and as such are basically crippled martial arts wise.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We must get snake brother and make him our sect leader!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So do we get to learn the immortality arts that don't turn you into a lady, or is it all lady, all the time?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
So what does "audacious" mean in this context? "Lucky?"

Anyways, us taming a Feng-Shui hating man-snake will finally top my story of self-taming RimWorld squirrel

I have no idea how that happened, but I named him Quisling just in case

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So do we get to learn the immortality arts that don't turn you into a lady, or is it all lady, all the time?

Yeah, I'm also confused about our access to Laws.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

All other arts/laws are normal. This one is specifically a tribute to the Sunflower Manual based in the popular novel The smiling, Proud Wonderer by Jing Yong. The infamous arts of Undefeated of the East.

JcDent posted:

So what does "audacious" mean in this context? "Lucky?"
My bad, it’s “auspicious”.

quote:

Yeah, I'm also confused about our access to Laws.
We really lucked out on the five random starter. On the otherhand, it’s the gooniest law.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nyaa posted:

All other arts/laws are normal. This one is specifically a tribute to the Sunflower Manual based in the popular novel The smiling, Proud Wonderer by Jing Yong. The infamous arts of Undefeated of the East.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Fdj3pVW6w&t=28s

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

We should embrace our destiny as a sect of immortal fairy maidens ruling over an army of man slaves imo.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

That snake is the real MC of our sect. Truely auspicious.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

The snake shall one day crush the luck of our enemies!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Male Snake for guardian divine beast.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Is there secret rules for certain guardians?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There’s no guardian mechanic.

It might be possible with tamable spirit beast in the next update.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
If I wanted to buy this game, where could I get it from? This is honestly weirdly charming and I appreciate that Nyaa is going the distance to make it accessible to us uncultured westerners who cannot appreciate it in the original language.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
https://store.steampowered.com/app/955900/Amazing_Cultivation_Simulator/

It's on steam my dude.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Lol, sorry, I had no idea that "Amazing Cultivation Simulator" is actually what it's called. Last thing I would've thought of, honestly. Thank you, though!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nothing good will last forever, but Happerry will make sure it lasts a drat long time.

Goodness, if only Radio Free Kobold could train as hard as this special snake.

To honor its great contribution, we will plant some Wood Element Grass under it to empowers the snake to hit the Earth Element Orrery stone with more Feng Shui Negative Force!

However, instead of getting positive energy like Spring Air, we are getting showered by a negative wave of melancholy. This means we did it wrong, and should go all out to fix this snake-on-orrery feng shui enigma.

First, we will get these higher grade Wood Element Spirit Wood. They have the special properties of gathering 20 units of QI in the range of 4. An essential item for future cultivation room and spirit stone farm.

They shall become the fence of the Holy Snake Shrine!

The ground shall be filled with Red Crimson Incense that matches the snake's color!

Once it’s finished, the Spirit Wood Fence (Wood) will promote Red Crimson Incense (Fire) to Empowers the Orrery (Earth). A triple Feng Shui positive formation!

Construction on the Snake Shrine can begin immediately since the kitchen (-4.2 Celcius) and the fridge-room (-14 Celcius) are finally built. These cold crystal walls should keep everything chill even in summer!

Our sect has six food recipes. First three are bland tasting preserved food while the other three are general meals with increasing delicacy.

None of us can reliably cook Delicious Food, and almost certain to fail to create Delicacy. So we will stick to the basic home cooking unless everyone are willing to burn up our food reserve to make better food and raise cooking skill.

Regrettably, our dining/entertainment room is going down to make way for the Snake Shrine.

It is done… not aesthetically appealing as I thought, but it will do until we have time to upgrade this shrine.

We finally got words from Hats about the final wave of recruitment. No matter how many he recruited this time, he needs to come back start cultivating.

Of course, these mortals would have to run here to find the Cult of Bčn. A proud tradition of reenacting our founders fleeing from the enemy and come upon this land.

For once, Hats fly back faster than those mortals. Maybe the axe is more aerodynamic than a tree stick.

His lingering dissatisfaction before he left for his week-long trip should soon be pacified when he sees his new home. The most important thing for all high prestige Inner are their treasure and weapon. It’s their bread and butter for surviving in this bloodcurdling world filled with giant lizards and angry birds.

For regular weapon... this random lovely sword on the ground will suffice.

A treasure, however, need to be taken seriously.

It is a magical artifact that empowers its wielder with essential and important benefits for cultivation and combat. Any selectable item in the world can become a treasure.

Like this brown rock block can be make into a low quality earth element treasure. Certain item requires more QI to refine.

Regrettably, the QI for refinement can only come from the cultivator themselves, so Hats can only refine simple items for now.

After searching around the sect, the following are suitable items that is either fire, earth, or metal element after refining:
Raw Meat, Brown Rock, low quality clothing, poop, messed up meal, umbrella.

Which will Hats choose?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
oh god...I need to think

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Umbrella

There are some very clear signs that this isn't just inspired by rimworld. The basic life simulator mechanics are straight-up stolen. The way materials are handled, the mood modifiers, how fridges are built, and the animal taming are dead giveaways.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
How can any choice except poop be considered for our holy treasure?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Shei-kun posted:

How can any choice except poop be considered for our holy treasure?

We shall make the first Holy poo poo.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
it has to be poop I'm sorry...

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Sacred poo poo
Wouldn't be my first game with that.

If it gets to the point where the other sects picked off all the male mortals and we don't have enough women on the signing up list, I wouldn't mind being a female Coffee to fill an opening.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 5, 2020

DrDestructo
Nov 23, 2018
Poop.

We are the Cult of Bčn, after all.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

It does not strike me as the best first treasure, but it is fitting.

So it goes, mh?

Best set up a place of "honor" worthy of this "magnificent treasure" to house it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Don't worry Hats, when you get a better more powerful treasure in the future, you can pass down your Holy poo poo to your favorite disciple. They would be very ben to refuse it.

Edit: huh, poop have 50 nutrition!? Wolf meat have 65!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 5, 2020

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ok, whose holy poop is it? Like, who produced it?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

There are some very clear signs that this isn't just inspired by rimworld. The basic life simulator mechanics are straight-up stolen. The way materials are handled, the mood modifiers, how fridges are built, and the animal taming are dead giveaways.

Kinda miffed how it's cheating the whole temperature issue by just having certain materials that are endlessly changing the surrounding temperature.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Too perfect not to. It's even in our name.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

JcDent posted:

Kinda miffed how it's cheating the whole temperature issue by just having certain materials that are endlessly changing the surrounding temperature.

Is the temperature in this modeled tile-by-tile or just room-by-room like Rimworld? I assume the former since those miners were getting frostbite earlier.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Yeah, there's not really any other choice than to make the Sacred poo poo.

And that snake sure likes that orrery.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

At this point I'm not sure if I need to vote but I guess I'd rather not skip it and feel Bčn afterwards so let's go for the holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Can someone more familiar with cultivation novels or even just Chinese explain how the orrery is an orrery? Usually I associate that term with astronomy - an orrery in the Western sense is a mechanical model of the solar system that can predict the future positions of planets. The pole in the middle does make it look kind of sundial-like, but I'm not sure where the rest would come in.