Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Soapdish posted:

No Time to Die delayed until November

https://twitter.com/AlexJamesFitz/status/1235251747569971205?s=19

loving stellar joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You know, if old Bloomberg really wanted to get rid of trump, it'd be easier to just pay him a billion dollars cold hard cash.

That fat orange gently caress would drop the presidency like a bad habit with that dangled on a hook. I bet he's never had access to that kind of actual cash in his life and he could just gently caress off to an island without extradition and tweet mad poo poo all day. Ditch his family like a bad smell, except for his daughter, whom he'd probably give a bad smell.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

God drat.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

not caring here posted:

You know, if old Bloomberg really wanted to get rid of trump, it'd be easier to just pay him a billion dollars cold hard cash.

That fat orange gently caress would drop the presidency like a bad habit with that dangled on a hook. I bet he's never had access to that kind of actual cash in his life and he could just gently caress off to an island without extradition and tweet mad poo poo all day. Ditch his family like a bad smell, except for his daughter, whom he'd probably give a bad smell.

he didn't want to get rid of Trump

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Welp, the first "I'd rather have four more year of Trump than vote for Biden"-post from my American friends on social media.
Followed up by a lengthy justification for their "principles", and I "I needn't worry", they're not voting for Trump, they're writing themselves in.

:cripes:

I think I might just either stay off my FB feed till November or something, idk. Not sure where to post my chili pics then

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Duzzy, just do what I do. Follow so many pages/groups for animals, parks, airplanes, etc, that you only see one post from an IRL friend for every twenty cat pictures.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Or just delete Facebook and follow dogs and cats on Instagram.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Maybe they think four more years of trump will forever sway the people of this nation away from republicans forever. I mean, it didn't work for Bush but hey

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Woofer posted:

This is the correct answer.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I really like Facebook for the ability to keep in touch and see experiences from all the folks I cannot connect with otherwise due to platform usage, region, etc.

I think I'll just snooze posts like that indefinitely and move on.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What's with the "write yourself in" angle, by the way. That breaks my brain a bit since I can't make sense of it under a first past the post, winner takes all system.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Woofer posted:

Yeah don't use Facebook, just use Facebook products

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Woofer posted:

Ferry_gooddogs, tell your friends

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah don't use Facebook, just use Facebook products

It’s not meant to be a protest against Facebook Corporation.

I think Clark’s Wallabees are uncomfortable so I don’t wear them, but I’m not protesting against them.

Same thing.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's with the "write yourself in" angle, by the way. That breaks my brain a bit since I can't make sense of it under a first past the post, winner takes all system.

They can say they voted without actually having to pick a side.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well they're idiots but they want to participate so this is a happy compromise in their mind

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I mean you can just not cast a vote for the President while still voting in down ballot races

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Follow my friend's special needs cats on IG. One only has one eye (Odin) and Ares has none.

https://instagram.com/ares_and_odin?igshid=94zbg2y42y34

Watch this video of a blind kitty.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6FDt4jldse/?igshid=1hhrtzqfbculy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I mean you can just not cast a vote for the President while still voting in down ballot races

Yeah, people acting like the presidency is the end-all be-all of politics are weird.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The exact same thing you poo poo on me for? Yes, that is an option.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This is the internet though

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, people acting like the presidency is the end-all be-all of politics are weird.

It’s the only one that gets coverage. A lot of “voters” probably didn’t even know there was a vote yesterday, or that elections happen more than once every four years.

I’d bet that if you stood on a street and asked people what “down ballot” meant you could have a Jimmy Kimmel skit in ten minutes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just lol at Democratic voters running to the polls in droves to vote for "Protect Obamacare"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Eej posted:

Just lol at Democratic voters running to the polls in droves to vote for "Protect Obamacare"

It worked in 2018! It also helps that there's going to be a Supreme Court hearing/decision on it, right around the election.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Speaking of Obamacare and needing a Democratic Senate, it appears that Chuck and Barack finally got their man.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1235307773463801857?s=19

Without Bullock, flipping the Senate was going to be a squeaker at best, especially if Jones can't win in Alabama. Now there's a lot more running room.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

Speaking of Obamacare and needing a Democratic Senate, it appears that Chuck and Barack finally got their man.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1235307773463801857?s=19

Without Bullock, flipping the Senate was going to be a squeaker at best, especially if Jones can't win in Alabama. Now there's a lot more running room.

How likely is Bullock to win?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

How likely is Bullock to win?

He got elected as Montana Attorney General, won Governor twice (now is term limited), and Jon Tester got reelected in 2018.

Basically, with Montana a solid red Trump state, Bullock is the best drat shot Democrats have at winning that Senate seat. Could easily be another Bredesen (Iowa) flameout though, especially in a presidential year.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bullock seems like a decent enough guy. Never got wimpy DINO vibes off him either.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WHY DO WE ALLOW FLORIDA TO HAVE VOTING MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1235309294146539520?s=19

https://twitter.com/jahimes/status/1235315665134931968?s=19

I AM OPEN TO JUSTIFICATIONS HERE

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 4, 2020

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

WHY DO WE ALLOW FLORIDA TO HAVE VOTING MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1235309294146539520?s=19

I AM OPEN TO JUSTIFICATIONS HERE
Well that's one way to attempt to beat the breathalyzer.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

He got elected as Montana Attorney General, won Governor twice (now is term limited), and Jon Tester got reelected in 2018.

Basically, with Montana a solid red Trump state, Bullock is the best drat shot Democrats have at winning that Senate seat. Could easily be another Bredesen (Iowa) flameout though, especially in a presidential year.

That's really good news I knew he was governor but honestly didn't know about the term limits etc

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That lady looks like she's had enough of his poo poo

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There is definitely an argument to be made for doing loving anything it takes to get Trump out, it's just a really, really hard sell to anyone with a clue about where the big picture of the US is headed. Yelling and screaming about treating the sucking chest wound but then purposefully ignoring and endlessly criticising those that point out it's an untreated cancer patient is frustrating as hell to the people trying.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
For a little bit of optimism - California results are not complete, Bernie is barely trailing Biden overall, and may overtake him once California is finalized. Plus the next debate is just going to be Bernie, Biden, and maybe Warren if she stays in the race. After people actually listen to Joe have to talk for an hour, his numbers will plummet again.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I was really disappointed that House of Cards had to go the way it did because I was super into it for the first two or three seasons. Gotta say though, this new 2020 Election reality show is scratching that itch.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The real lesson here is that both field campaigning and paid advertising barely matter and the optimal strategy going forward is gathering kompromat on tv news producers

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's nice that the mask is basically 100% off with the old Dems with respect to them being up front they don't give any kind of a gently caress about making this country or world a better place, better late than never

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

For a little bit of optimism - California results are not complete, Bernie is barely trailing Biden overall, and may overtake him once California is finalized. Plus the next debate is just going to be Bernie, Biden, and maybe Warren if she stays in the race. After people actually listen to Joe have to talk for an hour, his numbers will plummet again.

i don't think people are paying that kind of attention, my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Sounds suspiciously like

Mr. Nice! posted:

After people actually listen to Trump have to talk for an hour, his numbers will plummet again.