Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

RottenK posted:

firstly, lmao at calling elizabeth "collapsed everywhere and finished third in her own state" warren very popular

and secondly, if this is what you truly believe then get ready for disappointment because when AOC becomes the standard bearer all of us are going to still be active and we'll switch to her and we'll be even angrier, even if she doesn't wants us to be - bernie didn't either and it didn't stop us

You're going to be really disappointed when she loses in the primaries to Joe manchin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Democrazy posted:

Sanders and his supporters were doing very little to court Warren and her supporters even before then. He managed to get a lot of them to stop Bloomberg or Biden, but if his campaign was a little more dedicated to actually courting her supporters, a lot of this probably could have been handled more amicably and with better results for him on Tuesday.

what part of Bernie trying to court Warren's supporters would have stopped her from doing what she did, again

if anything that would have hurried it up, god knows she didn't open fire on him because he was just being so gosh-darned mean.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I love AOC and want her to be God Emperor of Mankind but she’s going to have it difficult against Pete in a primary, outspoken confident progressive fighting for justice and the future versus milqtoast centrist decorum compromising white boy is going to make the olds go with the nice young man.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

kidkissinger posted:

There was no chance of her dropping out no matter what we did you moron. She immediately backtracked on a campaign promise and accepted millions in finding from a superpac in order to stay in. Elizabeth Warren is a craven shithead. She's not the reason Bernie did badly yesterday, but she certainly contributed.

Why is every Sanders “supporter” so committed to losing instead of to winning? You already lost once in 2016, and you’re doing even worse now. Are you happy?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Inferior Third Season posted:

Using the power of state to subjugate and terrorize minorities is a policy.

It is. But the wall itself has little to do with it. “The wall” is more important as a symbol than as a physical barrier.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Democrazy posted:

Sanders and his supporters were doing very little to court Warren and her supporters even before then. He managed to get a lot of them to stop Bloomberg or Biden, but if his campaign was a little more dedicated to actually courting her supporters, a lot of this probably could have been handled more amicably and with better results for him on Tuesday.

She cratered pretty bad over the past few weeks so either Biden got her supporters or Sanders did.

I suspect it's Bernie so he probably did a decent job of it.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Cerebral Bore posted:

If Biden is so electable, how come he completely ate poo poo before backstage string-pulling gave him a bunch of high-profile endorsements and led to most everybody else dropping out in his favor? Doesn't seem like that his recent success is tied to the man at all.

The most frustrating thing about people perceiving Biden as electable is that it's a bunch of people perceiving each other as on team Biden. Everyone is doing it begrudgingly. Black people are doing it because they think white people will vote for him, white people are doing it because they think black people will vote for him. His entire base of support is a paper tiger. It's the DNC locking people in interrogation rooms playing a routine where they say their accomplice just gave them up, so they might as well fess up too.

The idea that this poo poo will work in the general election when the same "electability" facade collapsed 4 years ago is insane.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Gatts posted:

I love AOC and want her to be God Emperor of Mankind but she’s going to have it difficult against Pete in a primary, outspoken confident progressive fighting for justice and the future versus milqtoast centrist decorum compromising white boy is going to make the olds go with the nice young man.

The old people of this era will be dead by then.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Gatts posted:

AOC can't run until 2028. In 8 years a lot more olds will finally be dead

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm assuming Kaal views Bernie running at all to be the stab in the back.

Remember her surrogates were complaining that Bernie campaigning in Massachusettes (literally courting Warren supporters) was sexist and a stab in the back.

Naturally Biden actually winning her state is fine and not sexist at all.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
So is Warren going to drop out and endorse Biden (lol) or hang in to try to accrue enough delegates to be a kingmaker at the convention?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

what was he supposed to do? she basically turned to him on stage and accused him of being a sexist, what was he supposed to do? 'yes i am a sexist, you're right.' he obviously countered that, and that led to people acting like they hated each other now.

The best way to handle it would have been to call her first to talk it out when the story broke and then release a statement to say, “I did not intend and do not believe that a woman can’t win and am sorry I was not more clear on that point in my wide-ranging conversation with Senator Warren.” It boggles belief that he didn’t have a comms person who could point that out.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Democrazy posted:

Why is every Sanders “supporter” so committed to losing instead of to winning? You already lost once in 2016, and you’re doing even worse now. Are you happy?

Remember how center-right types like you handed over the House in 2010, the Senate in 2014, the Presidency in 2016, and the majority of state governments throughout those years, to outright fascists, because you tried to reason with them and compromise with them? I'm not sure this is rhetoric you want to be using.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

If sanders can't get fealty from the losers then yeah Biden should be the nom especially when y'all still haven't shut the gently caress up about the Warren tiff

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Majorian posted:

Whole lotta revisionist history here.

Sounds like trotskyism to me.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

Remember her surrogates were complaining that Bernie campaigning in Massachusettes (literally courting Warren supporters) was sexist and a stab in the back.

Naturally Biden actually winning her state is fine and not sexist at all.

Warren and Klobuchar doing bad is absolutely sexism at work. Just not only sexism.

People want to support a woman for president but never that one.

I'm sure folks will find a reason to be mad at AOC in 8 years.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

AOC can't run until 2028. In 8 years a lot more olds will finally be dead

she's eligible in 2024, by like two weeks

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Majorian posted:

Remember how center-right types like you handed over the House in 2010, the Senate in 2014, the Presidency in 2016, and the majority of state governments throughout those years, to outright fascists, because you tried to reason with them and compromise with them? I'm not sure this is rhetoric you want to be using.

remember when center-right types won the house in 2018? because that actually definitively happened, in a contest where both leftists and centrists got a chance and leftists failed.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

If sanders can't get fealty from the losers then yeah Biden should be the nom especially when y'all still haven't shut the gently caress up about the Warren tiff

What a thoroughly stupid post. The fact that Biden got "fealty" from the losers is because their interests align.

evilweasel posted:

remember when center-right types won the house in 2018?

Not by running a pro-status quo strategy. The notion that running the 2016 playbook again is the route to victory is beyond dumb.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gatts posted:

Pete's faux-Obama platitudes disappear and he collapses into the smug yapping rear end in a top hat he is at the slightest pressure, the only way she's losing to him is if he gets a complete personality transplant.

Even the "well Bernie is just so GRUMPY" brigade have to admit that Pete got owned by everyone the second people saw who he really was

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

yronic heroism posted:

The best way to handle it would have been to call her first to talk it out when the story broke and then release a statement to say, “I did not intend and do not believe that a woman can’t win and am sorry I was not more clear on that point in my wide-ranging conversation with Senator Warren.” It boggles belief that he didn’t have a comms person who could point that out.

That's a lot of words for something that would interpreted as "I did it. I'm a raging misogynist." by the MSM, and then used in attack ads until forever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

evilweasel posted:

And they've been worthless ever since.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hahahahahahahaha eat poo poo Bloomberg. I'm so glad he fell under 15% in California and Texas.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Democrazy posted:

The center left has won like three major elections in my lifetime and those wins all resulted in a slide to the right.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Majorian posted:

Remember how center-right types like you handed over the House in 2010, the Senate in 2014, the Presidency in 2016, and the majority of state governments throughout those years? I'm not sure this is rhetoric you want to be using.

Sanders is losing. He needs to change something he’s doing, and all I’m hearing is how he cannot possible change. What’s the point if he can’t effect how the race is going to go?

You either want to win or you don’t. And if you do, then last night demonstrated that you have to change.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

evilweasel posted:

i remember when they voted for trump's military budget and did the most half-assed impeachment ever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yronic heroism posted:

There was no indication that Warren would have latched onto the story the way she did when her campaign refused to comment on it. She sprung it on him during the debate with no warning. It's not unreasonable that Bernie thought that she, knowing the context the statement was made in, would dismiss it as pointless gossip.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

kidkissinger posted:

The center left has won like three major elections in my lifetime and those wins all resulted in a slide to the right.

And how many have candidates you love won, exactly? Do you feel happy to lose to people you feel so superior to?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Democrazy posted:

Sanders is losing. He needs to change something he’s doing, and all I’m hearing is how he cannot possible change.

Then you're not listening. Most of us on the left are saying he needs to go on the offensive, attack Biden on social security, appeal better to the olds, etc.

Poached Eggs
Feb 29, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

To head this off at the pass, anyone upset that Bernie is going critical on Biden is transparently arguing in bad faith, as Trump is going to use every single one of these criticisms (and more!) against Biden in the general. If he can't survive it in the primary, he won't survive it in the general.

Agree.
Racing is the best training.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Xombie posted:

The poster is saying that both old white and old black voters went Biden while young white and young black voters went Bernie.

Old black voters are black so there’s no “rather than” here.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Democrazy posted:

And how many have candidates you love won, exactly? Do you feel happy to lose to people you feel so superior to?

It's almost as if the deck is stacked against people trying to make broad systemic change for the benefit of the majority of people.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Majorian posted:

Then you're not listening. Most of us on the left are saying he needs to go on the offensive, attack Biden on social security, appeal better to the olds, etc.

This is where dipshits like democrazy start preemptively blaming you for Trump winning.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

the simple answer is that it takes a certain level of self-confidence that borders on delusion to run for president in the first place, and its hard for reality to dent that. warren certainly prefers sanders to biden; she just prefers herself to sanders.

she may have seen a possibility biden collapsed on super tuesday, leaving herself as the only alternative. that was delusional, but again, you gotta be somewhat delusional to run for president in the first place.

It was also delusional for Biden to stay in so whooooo knows. But yeah it's time.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Majorian posted:

That’s not changing. That’s not working. He’s losing listening to that advice.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

evilweasel posted:

remember when center-right types won the house in 2018? because that actually definitively happened, in a contest where both leftists and centrists got a chance and leftists failed.

and in response, the democrats incited a round of race hatred against leftists, for saying "we shouldn't unconditionally fund concentration camps for untermenschen"

good times

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pick posted:

It was also delusional for Biden to stay in so whooooo knows. But yeah it's time.

i mean it was 100% grade-a unfiltered delusion for biden to run in 2008, and look where that got him!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Democrazy posted:

Sanders is losing. He needs to change something he’s doing, and all I’m hearing is how he cannot possible change. What’s the point if he can’t effect how the race is going to go?

You either want to win or you don’t. And if you do, then last night demonstrated that you have to change.

Well he started to actually attack Biden, is that something?

Or he should just start saying "actually not everything should be better"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

If she's willing to lie about a private conversation for political gain, giving her another private conversation to lie about is not going to fix anything.

She'd probably just say he was harassing her, like her surrogates did when he came over to shake her hand.

"How Bernie Sanders Is Like Your Abusive Ex Who Won't Stop Calling" part 1 of Vox.com's 5-part series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
if bernie supporters wanted to court warren supporters they should have told them that warren had nice mom vibes and had good plans and they were special little soldiers instead of correctly pointing out the she was a craven capitalist who was willing to compromise every single one of her positions to gain even a shred of power