Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I am concerned Walmart dudes don’t have the training to not get injured but it owns and is hilarious that Joey booked them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's the story with the Walmart dudes?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I am concerned Walmart dudes don’t have the training to not get injured but it owns and is hilarious that Joey booked them

As long as they stick to Spanish Fly spot they’ll be fine.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's the story with the Walmart dudes?

They did viral videos doing wrestling moves in a Walmart.

It looks from Twitter like they've had a little bit of training then stopped, think Allie Kat said something about them getting better bookings than anyone else from the school she went to despite washing out.

Edit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/meowdyxyall/status/1235063173947908096

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Petty

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
(Edit) never mind, got deleted

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
so much salt in the replies

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The stinky dirty diaper part of that tweet is the pretending she wasn't complaining afterward. Own it. the people you trained with should do something interesting or unique instead of having pride in a wrestling school and thinking that means anything. everyone has eaten a whole rotisserie chicken sitting in their car. nobody is better

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 4, 2020

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, there's a legit discussion about proper training and potentially rewarding people that could seriously hurt themselves or others just because they are Internet Famous...

...but it's fuckin' JOEY JANELA booking this poo poo so what the gently caress did you expect?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anyone who argues against a fun thing for Spring Break is dumb and bad

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

If those idiots have a legitimate platform that'll allow them to stop loving around in a store, then I guess that's ok?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Evil Badman posted:

If those idiots have a legitimate platform that'll allow them to stop loving around in a store, then I guess that's ok?

To be honest I expect it'll only encourage them but wrestling is built on a long and storied history of absolute loving morons doing dangerous poo poo for attention so they were probably gonna carry on doing it regardless.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean its fun, but if they get hurt or hurt a wrestler suddenly the conversation is gonna shift real quick.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I'm still gonna enjoy whatever the gently caress they're gonna do at Spring Break, but their gimmick is clearly on borrowed time

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1235271170292944899

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Walmart dudes are a dance troupe that decided to start doing wrestling(according to the interview Thunder Rosa did with them).

Allie Katt is saying they're fomerly of her school, which means they probably know enough already to tour and hone their craft with helping vets(LIKE IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS).

That said, I remember some kid in KC dying because he was half trained and took a spinebuster on concrete wrong.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Coaaab posted:

I'm still gonna enjoy whatever the gently caress they're gonna do at Spring Break, but their gimmick is clearly on borrowed time

I mean I definitely hope its just fun and silly and it turns out they're secretly well trained and safe wrestlers and everything works out fine. And odds are that or something like that will be all it is. Fingers crossed.

Its just not hard to see how this can go bad.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

coconono posted:

Allie Katt is saying they're fomerly of her school, which means they probably know enough already to tour and hone their craft with helping vets(LIKE IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS).

She's specifically saying that they didn't complete training at her school.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they ran out of money at aapw but so did most of part world rasslin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm excited for the Walmart dudes, they rule and are good and I'll watch the show

Switching to the subject of what is bad:

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/1235271936671875073?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nipponophile posted:

She's specifically saying that they didn't complete training at her school.

which means they know enough

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm excited for the Walmart dudes, they rule and are good and I'll watch the show

Switching to the subject of what is bad:

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/1235271936671875073?s=20

Is Nick Hogan actually famous for anything other than being Hulk's kid and almost killing his friend in a car wreck?

Does he actually do anything except "be Hulk Hogan's kid"?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He was on a reality TV show, which is like a whole genre of celebrity.

For being Hulk Hogan's son.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

coconono posted:

The Walmart dudes are a dance troupe that decided to start doing wrestling(according to the interview Thunder Rosa did with them).

That said, I remember some kid in KC dying because he was half trained and took a spinebuster on concrete wrong.

would love to know the right way to take a spinebuster on concrete that isn't "don't take one at all"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/1235245749937598464

gcw owner/booker RTed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hunnert car pileup posted:

would love to know the right way to take a spinebuster on concrete that isn't "don't take one at all"

tuck your chin so when you splat your head doesn't snap back into the concrete

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

hunnert car pileup posted:

You do it really slowly.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stunt concrete

"You didn't think they brought that concrete from home, did you? :smuggo:"

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Cavauro posted:

The stinky dirty diaper part of that tweet is the pretending she wasn't complaining afterward. Own it. the people you trained with should do something interesting or unique instead of having pride in a wrestling school and thinking that means anything. everyone has eaten a whole rotisserie chicken sitting in their car. nobody is better

she did follow up and essentially say she should've just stayed in her lane and was wrong about it, but like... i can absolutely see that point of view from someone who's been an indie stalwart; it's not some "killing the business" bullshit, it's being annoyed that someone who decided to quit ends up getting booked by joey.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Meanwhile.
https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1235286846730645504

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1235299628783939586?s=20

Remember how boring Hideo Itami was & now he's free & is shitposting like a good 'un?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

she did follow up and essentially say she should've just stayed in her lane and was wrong about it, but like... i can absolutely see that point of view from someone who's been an indie stalwart; it's not some "killing the business" bullshit, it's being annoyed that someone who decided to quit ends up getting booked by joey.

I think there is a real argument about safety but as far as them getting a booking, it's the entertainment industry. Flash in the pans have always jumped people who are "paying their dues" because the industry is entirely built on people throwing money at someone for doing a cool flip or whatever.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think there is a real argument about safety but as far as them getting a booking, it's the entertainment industry. Flash in the pans have always jumped people who are "paying their dues" because the industry is entirely built on people throwing money at someone for doing a cool flip or whatever.
totally. not saying i agree with her, just that i sympathize with someone being frustrated by a flash in the pan getting a better WM weekend booking.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gumball Gumption posted:

Plus, again, it's Joey Janela. Booking someone because they did something stupid/cool/funny on social media and went viral is very much on-brand for him, it's almost silly to get angry at it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dias posted:

Plus, again, it's Joey Janela. Booking someone because they did something stupid/cool/funny on social media and went viral is very much on-brand for him, it's almost silly to get angry at it.

It's literally the story of his career

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dias posted:

Yeah, I sympathize with her but there is also a level of "what industry does she think she's in?". But also, loudly complaining about it online will probably also get her better booking on WM weekend because that's the industry and almost any buzz is good.

fake edit: One of Joey's stunt bookings now makes a big league paycheck too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

She sounds sarcastic tbh, I didn't interpret this as a sincere complaint.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah it was a crying face and a laughing face. I think people just want to be mad. That seems like the proper mixed reaction.

Really, crying face followed by laughing face is the appropriation reaction to like 75% of wrestling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sleepwalkers posted:

Yeah that all comes down to the paying your dues mindset which isn't sensible even if it's understandable. Getting booked by Joey for his weird show is not the indy equivalent of a bland no-name football player stepping into WWE. It's done because Joey books stuff that brings both intrigue and general interest to the table. Those are things an indy wrestler can do if they try, or else they can just act like getting a "u finished" paper from a school and plugging away should be what it takes, just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think "paying your dues" is the same thing as like "finishing your training, working hard, and working the indies vs going viral doing moves in a Walmart."

There's nothing to be gained in being salty but I don't think its really quite "gatekeeping."