Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i finished the long movie, i think i'll go to bed now. good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

NienNunb posted:

Sorry I lied again, watching Crumb now

Crumb is one of those movies that you can smell as you watch it

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

yea ok posted:

donald sutherland did a running karate headbutt to a cat and killed it

I’ve seen that scene! I don’t think I watched any other part of the movie (it was decades ago), but I remember that scene.

Unless he’s done it in multiple movies...

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

no one liked my unity ideas at all or looked at them. Kind of a bummer but i deserve it

I supported the idea but felt my endorsement would sink it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This lady on 90 Day Fiancé is a trainwreck

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i deserve it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

This lady on 90 Day Fiancé is a trainwreck

My partner is addicted to that garbage trash show and holy jesus literally every person involved is just the worst

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My partner is addicted to that garbage trash show and holy jesus literally every person involved is just the worst

The 50 year old trashy trump supporter lady who goes to Nigeria to meet her 20 something boyfriend is giving me life right now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I had ex that befriended people that would be perfect subjects for those kinda shows. That sorta gullible nihilism that either goes into laughable schaudenfraude or grotesque suffering.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Depression sucks. I feel like a trash person with no worth who is doing nothing right but I also want to believe people care about me and that I'm at least worth something.

Solidarity to my fellow sad brains.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sadbrains represent.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I finished WarGroove. I was a huge advance wars fan as a kid and man, this was advance wars but with a lot of better design choices and balancing.

The only thing I felt let down on was the music. The AW music owned and this was like serviceable. Which is fine except the whole game is kind of music-themed? Felt weird.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Sadbrains represent.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Depression sucks. I feel like a trash person with no worth who is doing nothing right but I also want to believe people care about me and that I'm at least worth something.

Solidarity to my fellow sad brains.

we care about you. i mean, internet people but there quite a few of us so that adds up to at least one actual person

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Sadbrains represent.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I finished WarGroove. I was a huge advance wars fan as a kid and man, this was advance wars but with a lot of better design choices and balancing.

The only thing I felt let down on was the music. The AW music owned and this was like serviceable. Which is fine except the whole game is kind of music-themed? Felt weird.

So I should take it out of the archive? I have the old tutorial drop and haven’t played since.

Sell me on this game. I’m nearly 100% on BOTW after two more side quests and some memories.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought wargroove was kinda lazy in the campaign design but i never played any advance wars. i like the xcoms and fire emblems

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i didn't like advance wars because you have to plan things out in advance, and have strategy. that's not how i play video games, or live my life

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i died in the first battles of final fantasy tactics back in the 90s and never came close to beating it and never played it again after the year 1999. i just pretend like i know how good of a game it is

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oh but seriously I posted:

we care about you. i mean, internet people but there quite a few of us so that adds up to at least one actual person

Between my own issues and existential dread I'm actually feeling a level of helplessness that is manifesting in some self destructive thoughts (I will never actually on them).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dude. hana kimura and kai. they might go steady and fall in love. i want to post the video clip on here but it doesn't exist.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was having an existential crisis about climate change so I donated enough to a charity to plant 12 trees in ravaged areas of Australia because reforestation is good for the environment in so many ways including carbon emissions. It's pathetically small but I did SOMETHING.

I feel a little better. I think

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Sadbrains represent.

You rang? I'm fuckin OG sadbrains from the very first LF thread.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if it's any consolation, the idea that the world is "supposed" to be a certain climate is incorrect. the earth has been going through many changes throughout its life, and nothing is ever permanent.

take solace in the fact that life will not be completely eradicated, only most of it. this will open up (and potentially create) many ecological niches for the surviving species to grow and evolve into.

think about the plants and animals you know, and consider which of them are likely to survive. squirrels, for example. when all mammals larger than a cat are extinct, there will be so many new and interesting ways for the noble squirrel to evolve. herds of bison-sized squirrels grazing the crumbling streets of Manhattan. aquatic squirrels frolicking in the surf. a carnivorous squirrel with razor sharp incisors, locked in a life and death struggle with an armored flightless sparrow.

a famous man once said "you can either change, or die," and life never really dies.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Reminder there was a species of bunny rabbit that evolved to be gigantic

and you're like wow that's so cute WRONG its like PAC THE BUNNY with a tiny bunny head on a jacked misshapen torso.

except the tail is tiny

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Seth Rollins posted:

if it's any consolation, the idea that the world is "supposed" to be a certain climate is incorrect. the earth has been going through many changes throughout its life, and nothing is ever permanent.

take solace in the fact that life will not be completely eradicated, only most of it. this will open up (and potentially create) many ecological niches for the surviving species to grow and evolve into.

think about the plants and animals you know, and consider which of them are likely to survive. squirrels, for example. when all mammals larger than a cat are extinct, there will be so many new and interesting ways for the noble squirrel to evolve. herds of bison-sized squirrels grazing the crumbling streets of Manhattan. aquatic squirrels frolicking in the surf. a carnivorous squirrel with razor sharp incisors, locked in a life and death struggle with an armored flightless sparrow.

a famous man once said "you can either change, or die," and life never really dies.

That's not exactly comforting but it also doesn't make it worse. Anyway if I did my math right based off estimates, those 12 trees, if they are average and not big strong bois, would be enough to potentially absorb up to exactly 1/69th (nice) of my carbon footprint. I'm not even joking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tbh I thought it was pretty cool when the abyss giggled back.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i died in the first battles of final fantasy tactics back in the 90s and never came close to beating it and never played it again after the year 1999. i just pretend like i know how good of a game it is

Same.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's not exactly comforting but it also doesn't make it worse. Anyway if I did my math right based off estimates, those 12 trees, if they are average and not big strong bois, would be enough to potentially absorb up to exactly 1/69th (nice) of my carbon footprint. I'm not even joking.

It is never a bad idea to be planting trees at all times and at every opportunity

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

Tbh I thought it was pretty cool when the abyss giggled back.

Everything ends but things got here in the first place somehow. I feel the dread right now but I try to take solace in that fact. It's a constant battle. I lose at night. It's night right now I'm in my bed

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Why do we say 'works like a charm'? Shouldn't that phrase be used on things that don't work at all?

So that's where my brain is; so sad and filled with despair that everything is overwhelming and it feels like it wants to squirm out of my skull and roam the land searching for arcane gateways to a better loving dimension. And every time I feel better it feels like I'm living a lie.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 5, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

not really following but i hope you can do somethin about that

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Tuesday I was very sick and had to pay $700 to fix my car and found out my warranty won’t cover a new A/C unit that I need and then there was all the primary bullshit and it was a bad day.

I self-soothed with a shitload of BOTW but now I’m nearly done with that, oh no

My therapist has me doing parts work and it is extremely goofy. If you want to imagine your emotions as a collection of weird totems with hidden bosses and weird power-ups I suggest you check it out.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

yea ok posted:

not really following but i hope you can do somethin about that

My worldview takes an extremely negative bent when I'm depressed. That quote above is me saying 'charms are bullshit trash and saying something that actually works is working like one is a stupid insult'.

Or the two questions. Always the two questions:

1) If I do something and am rewarded for it, how is it wrong?
2) If I do something and am punished for it, how is it right?

Edit: I also become a black hole of nihilism and it is taking some amount of self-control to keep this post from getting any larger.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 5, 2020

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kissing my st anthonys medal rn to grant me safe passage to navigate the last few posts without getting too bummed out

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Try not to let colloquialisms get you all riled up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Care About Others

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rub yrself in a pleasing manner

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

The first six months of my sobriety were all about healing my stupid brain and supplemented entirely by jerking off and eating pizza rolls. Sadbrains is hard; do whatever you need to stay alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do not talk about pleasing yourself on here.