Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Darchangel posted:

Just don't let it go too far. See the "The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury

God, that story bugged me as a high school student when we had to read it. Why would you willingly go into a room that you have good reason to believe has been getting programmed to kill you?! Even if you think it's a weird glitch, why would you willingly go into the glitchy room of POTENTIAL DEATH?!

I don't care that the kids wanted one last visit in there before going, the parents should have said no. And if the kids ran in there anyway, the parents should have stepped out of the house and let the psychiatrist handle it from there, because this is obviously an addiction issue they aren't equipped to handle themselves.

Bradbury glued the idiot ball to their hands, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Moatman posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a shed or something. Honestly, piles of stuff aside, the house looks like it's in pretty good shape for 170 years old. It needs some repairs for sure (and that horrible, out of place sink needs to go) but I don't see anything glaringly wrong with the house itself.
Not really sure how much I want a bed three feet from the shitter, though.

The house looks fine, but the sale ad specifically mentions that most of the contents convey. You'd have to trash out the house before you could even start on renovations.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
On the subject of awkward rich people showers here are too many to rehost:

https://judgebunnie.tumblr.com/post/185297644515/mr-prism-atomskdluffy-laterovaries

Once it looks like they're about to repeat, keep going.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HelleSpud posted:

https://judgebunnie.tumblr.com/post/185297644515/mr-prism-atomskdluffy-laterovaries

Would:

(I mean, that's like a really nice beach thing where you hose the sand off in your weekend shore rental, right?)

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Motronic posted:

Would:

(I mean, that's like a really nice beach thing where you hose the sand off in your weekend shore rental, right?)

I think that's actually a glamping shower. Feels too open for a house, but too upscale for a standard campground shower.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I wish I took a picture of it... My wife and I were looking at a house that a flipper flipped. In the main floor bathroom, they took out the tub and put in a shower barn door. There was over an inch between the panes! The plastic sweeps they used to cover such a width were just as ridiculous.

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

HelleSpud posted:

gently caress you, this is rad

This is too. I always wanted to feel like a pool reactor when showering

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

bonelessdongs posted:

This is too. I always wanted to feel like a pool reactor when showering

It really is almost the perfect cherenkov radiation color...

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

bonelessdongs posted:

Have fun feeling every single cold draft, no matter how small.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I got one of those 12x12 shower heads that lights up the "curtain of rain" and it changes color based on the temp. The light stopped working and it seems like my water softener isn't getting the minerals out well enough and the shower head got limed up so I gotta figure that crap out now

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bonelessdongs posted:

Yeah this looks fuckin awesome but even the small wet room shower in my last rental was pretty chilly until you steamed up the room. That'll be downright uncomfortable.

Not to mention the door-less hallway into the distance?

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Arrath posted:

Not to mention the door-less hallway into the distance?
The whole house is a labyrinth to house the shower obelisk

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Dienes posted:

Have fun feeling every single cold draft, no matter how small.

Its "southwestern adobe" style of rich person mcmansion decor. I would be very surprised if its built in any place that gets below 50f outside.

Cold drafts and humidity control were clearly not an issue.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bonelessdongs posted:

I dig it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

bonelessdongs posted:

We have such sights to shower you...

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Bad Munki posted:

We have such sights to shower you...
THE HOUSE, YOU OPENED IT, WE CAME
NOW YOU MUST SHOWER WITH US

bonelessdongs fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 2, 2020

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I've always wanted the chance to shower in a Bronze Age granary, looks good.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

tinytort posted:

I think that's actually a glamping shower. Feels too open for a house, but too upscale for a standard campground shower.

It’s a shower that opens onto a light well.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Motronic posted:

Would:

I absolutely love this. It just needs several more shower heads so you can absolutely fill the room with water.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
I actually really like the design of that for a like 2 day resort stay.

However, as an engineer:

(1) Rain showers are the most impractical things in existence, because you have to wash your head every time you walk in and then have to close your eyes.
(2) The wood will eventually have to be replaced frequently, unless it's used daily and then it will need to be cleaned.
(3) The towel rack or whatever rack on the right seems way too tall
(4) The soap basket should just be replaced with a shelf tbh.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Trex for indoor use!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Atticus_1354 posted:

I absolutely love this. It just needs several more shower heads so you can absolutely fill the room with water.

To create your own Bond-villain drowning chamber?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

kid sinister posted:

Trex for indoor use!

I love my Trex deck.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ntan1 posted:

I actually really like the design of that for a like 2 day resort stay.

However, as an engineer:

(1) Rain showers are the most impractical things in existence, because you have to wash your head every time you walk in and then have to close your eyes.

Gonna have to argue this point. I've got a shower with a regular shower head, hand shower and a rain shower in my master. I screwed with it the first few days after we moved in and now a year an a half later it's still permanently set to rain shower. You don't have to stand directly underneath it, you know? In the end, this is all personal preference.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Which Panera is that? Asking for... uh... a friend.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

No idea. I found it in a toilet dump of great toilets.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RBQEAlR

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Forever alone.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Went to a townie dive bar for a birthday the other day.

Home of the least handicapped accessible restroom door:

Bonus bullet holes in the front window

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
A British electrician I follow on Youtube posted this inspection of an apartment recently "refurbished" by flippers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxoxcokRNQ

Be sure to watch the whole thing because the ending will shock you :downsrim:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I liked the "*muffled screams*" one.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

GreenNight posted:

No idea. I found it in a toilet dump of great toilets.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RBQEAlR

I want this

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

`Nemesis posted:

I want this

A lifetime supply of 1-ply?

I feel sorry for your rear end.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

`Nemesis posted:

I want this

I feel like there should be peddles so you can straddle the thing and ride it like a bike to wipe you rear end

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dillbag posted:

I feel like there should be peddles so you can straddle the thing and ride it like a bike to wipe you rear end

Next Season on SHARK TANK

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

xergm posted:

That would last maybe two months tops at my place, and it's already what I get at work in terms of quality. Meh.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

xergm posted:

That looks like the "Forever Roll" thing Charmin offered as a gimmick recently.

It's supposedly standard Charmin Ultra Soft 2 ply.

https://shop.charmin.com/forever-roll-ultra-soft/

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

wolrah posted:

That looks like the "Forever Roll" thing Charmin offered as a gimmick recently.

It's supposedly standard Charmin Ultra Soft 2 ply.

https://shop.charmin.com/forever-roll-ultra-soft/

That looks like a standard commercial sized dispenser roll, so probably not a gimmick. (I mean, the marketing is, but I bet that's en existing SKU that is sold commercially)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dillbag posted:

I feel like it should be motorised so you can push your butt against it like a grindstone.