Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Does anyone have some serious predictions for the U.S. two weeks from now? Do schools/retail begin to close? It seems like things will just continue on, we already have accepted that 10+ deaths are okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

err posted:

Does anyone have some serious predictions for the U.S. two weeks from now? Do schools/retail begin to close? It seems like things will just continue on, we already have accepted that 10+ deaths are okay.

bean wars

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/OpIndia_com/status/1235366919290654720?s=20

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1235363674451259392?s=20

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1235362645592739841?s=20

yeah sure why not

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Am I doing this right, guys?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/timesofindia/status/1235368796598104064?s=20

hmmmmmmm

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

prrrraxxxxis

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

more rice needed

way more rice

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Why does everyone's apocalypse fantasies involve flavorless gruel? After a week of that you'll be intentionally infecting yourself to get it over with.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

silentsnack posted:

You also have to word it in ways that make it as opaque and confusing as possible like talking about chelation treatment for exposure to astrological mercury.

I need I channel my inner Marianne Williamson for the boomer 'bola

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Nothus posted:

Why does everyone's apocalypse fantasies involve flavorless gruel? After a week of that you'll be intentionally infecting yourself to get it over with.

we need to see the spice rack

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

nope.. cant enter the cns, not at all possible. relax flu bro

:justflu:

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

kitten smoothie posted:

Not only is that lawyer and their family infected, so is a friend of theirs and their family too:

https://twitter.com/NY1/status/1235310712089608193

I love how they’re pretty much doxing the people that get infected. I understand it’s a public health thing but if coming down with corona wasn’t worse enough now your getting blasted on the top of every local news show.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
So here's one.

I work with someone who neglected to tell anyone that he spent the weekend staying with a friend who had arrived back from South Korea on Friday. Said friend was visiting an elderly relative in SK with a broken leg in hospital. Not in one of the main outbreak cities though.

How long until I die and will I die before or after I pass it on to my old parents?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yeah, that person is a comrade

also, we're apparently closing in on the 100,000 confirmed case worldwide. so, do the extrapolation on that deece six figgy

https://twitter.com/GHS/status/1235341250284474370?s=20

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nothus posted:

A lot of galaxy brains have internalized the "HUMAN COOKING IS A BOURGEOISIE LUXURY, ONLY VITAMINS AND OATMEAL FOR ME, A REAL LEFTIST WHO LOVES GRUEL" thing.

folks it isn't hard to learn how to cook and not everything takes half a day to prepare

carbonara takes like 15 mins and part of that is just waiting for water to boil

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Jesus at least learn to make caccio e pepe or buy a case of canned tomatoes with your pasta

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

it would own if trunp was a super spreader (this is a real medical term)

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

goons with spoons has been here forever. also, im gonna learn how to pickle eggs now, apropos of nothing

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Nothus posted:

Cooking delicious food with rice and beans is extremely easy and there's a ton of variety

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

err posted:

My husband and I are waiting until it's community spread in our state or I guess until it's reported to be in the wild and at that time going to self isolate. I don't know how the .gov is going to put a bunch of people here in the south on lockdown because this is the sort of civil discourse they've been stockpiling for. We're planning on getting out camping in a wilderness area this weekend simply because we don't have a clue as to what next weekend will bring. The total uncertainty of it all seems to be one of the biggest stressors

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i can't afford to self-quarantine atm, and i'd get fired if i did

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Coronavirus in Houston.

Going to die, happy that its before a Biden presidency

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

BeefThief posted:

Tell them caronavirus turns you trans

finally i can get affordable hrt

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I've got plenty of other food to make actual meals incorporating the beans, rice, lentils, etc. I was just bean posting in the spirit of this thread.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

Infect your Boss at work.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Love to self-quarantine rear end to mouth.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Houston now got it.

King county is up to 31 cases. Rip

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Coronavirus is what you get from an illegal combination of beans. The Bible warns about this

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mayor Dave posted:

Stinkpalm boss time when you're infected. That really sucks =(

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I've got plenty of other food to make actual meals incorporating the beans, rice, lentils, etc. I was just bean posting in the spirit of this thread.

Grits are delicious and in no way gruel, don't listen to them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nothus posted:

Jesus at least learn to make caccio e pepe or buy a case of canned tomatoes with your pasta

lol yeah cacio e pepe is even faster you just undercook it and toss it in a pan with CHEESE and PEPPER

and maybe some butter to keep things movin but nbd if you don'

also tomatoes grow continuously, they don't bloom once and die so if you have literally any outdoor sun-facing area you can grow a fuckton of tomatoes

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Cooking? Bah that sounds like way to much effort. Just gonna snort raw flour and rice, for the next few weeks for maximum time efficiency!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The press conference for the Sugar Land (Houston suburb) case says the test still takes 24 hours.

How the gently caress is the CDC so incompetent - other countries can do it in a couple of hours.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Oh nice, my brother's fiancee works at the la hospital hosting the covid patient lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nothus posted:

no Nazi frog pasta for me thank you

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Meanwhile I group texted my family who mostly live in King county that my work was cancelling events and to remember to wash hands, and I got a response of "that's extreme, and also stop talking about it you're stressing me out" and this meme:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Schmeichy posted:

Meanwhile I group texted my family who mostly live in King county that my work was cancelling events and to remember to wash hands, and I got a response of "that's extreme, and also stop talking about it you're stressing me out" and this meme:

Tell them about the Australian fire ash

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Plauge ship Grand Princess is currently holding about 200 miles off the coast of Los Angeles

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
The tests /are/ super-important, but to some degree they're a distraction.
We don't need tests right now - we know it's spreading everywhere. We need to shut down. Then we need tests in abundance. Tests don't matter a lick while we know it's spreading.

If I die from this, I blame tobacco and capitalism, not mother nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Schmeichy posted:

And sorry they dismissed you like that. Sometimes it's hard to tell if people are being lovely or if it's their own defense mechanism because of they cannot accept the glory that is Corona-chan