Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I mean, I would, but I'm in the sauna right now. gently caress, the only reason I had this one on me is because it broke off the wall, figured I would gently caress around and find out

lol did you take your temperature while sitting in the sauna?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol did you take your temperature while sitting in the sauna?

could've just used the lil sauna temperature thing they have outside

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I stopped vaping and switched over to edibles

I live in a non legal state and have been burning through a half ounce every 5weeks for about 7 years. I’m in too deep.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

okay, just to be clear. I have a fever ~105 but no cough. I should avoid the hospital to not get corona, right?

Uh, 105° is actually a pretty dangerous fever, hun. Seriously call a doctor or urgent care clinic and ask for advice now. Take a lukewarm bath and push fluids, wear loose fitting clothes, and take 500mg of acetaminophen if you have it (with crackers or you might get an upset stomach). But please if you've got a 105°ish fever contact a doctor

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I stopped vaping and switched over to edibles

:same:

Only problem is they take longer to kick in than smoking

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

corona-chan can't stop the number

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I just did the math and that’s half a gram per day :420:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BeefThief posted:

im self quarantined for three weeks now and the only movie i have is The Beach Bum
never self quarantine

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1235427957130354688?s=20

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

I like how really the biggest thing Trump gets out of this situation is normalizing his position to muddy the waters about life and death emergencies for the general population. They've already been doing this concerning Puerto Rico, immigration, police violence, the list goes on, but this is something that doesn't even have any stated benefit except to show that the government is no longer is willing to hold itself responsible in any way or for any reason. This country really is a failed state.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

yes

for real tho if you're a daily weed smoker get a proper flower vaporizer. its significantly less hell on your lungs

Sounds like it's time to unpack the ol Volcano, cool :420:

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Wowza.

quote:

United Airlines is the first U.S. carrier to unveil broad cuts across both its domestic and international network because of rapid changes in travel demand as the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak continues to spread.

The Star Alliance carrier will cut international schedules by 20% and domestic schedules by 10% in April, outgoing CEO Oscar Munoz and president Scott Kirby said in a joint letter to employees on Wednesday. Similar schedules reductions are expected in May, the last month before the peak U.S. summer travel season is due to really ramp up.

What’s more, United is also offering employees voluntary unpaid leave, suspending hiring through June 30, and postponing any pending salary increases for management and administrative personnel until July 1.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

U-DO Burger posted:

welp someone at my wife's workplace has pneumonia. the guy works in a deli so i wonder just how many sandwiches he made for people before the symptoms showed up :rip:

huh I had a sandwich for lunch today. It was loving sick

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Atrocious Joe posted:

My brokerage firm sent me an email talking about market correction and how coronavirus is making number go down but that's okay because it will go back up and I shouldn't panic. I'll print the email out to build my retirement home out of

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

okay, just to be clear. I have a fever ~105 but no cough. I should avoid the hospital to not get corona, right?

your gonna be pulled pork by the morning

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Zeno-25 posted:

Tomatoes need a ton of light and unless it's summer you will need supplemental lighting for a healthy, productive indoor tomato plant even in a southern window with direct exposure most of the day

Growing easy, vitamin-rich greens like spinach, arugala, microgreens etc that produce in well under 40 days would be a better idea for folks that don't have a green thumb already

I need to get my spinach planted in my drat aerogarden

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Big tech company has now instituted as policy of wfh until the end of March.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

never self quarantine

our extremely smart president is against staying home from work if you have a mild case
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1235411751950221312?s=20

not an endorsement posted:

one of the few legitimately pro-science moves i've seen

it's a disaster movie that paints the authorities as more competent than they are in real life

a rare feat

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Uglycat posted:

Organize an immediate sick-out in protest.

Raise a *stink* , lives are literally at stake.

I feel like this is an overreaction, we can't come back to work unless we're verified healthy, I work in the healthcare industry.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Bip Roberts posted:

your gonna be pulled pork by the morning

i want pulled pork in the morning

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pOFKmk7ytU&t=15s

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'll start worrying when Madagascar gets it's first case

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

yes

for real tho if you're a daily weed smoker get a proper flower vaporizer. its significantly less hell on your lungs

My Pax 3 is brutal even on medium heat I broke down and got some carts and they're not better but it's a quantity thing. Just straight flower in a silicon pipe w/ a metal screen is what I've been using recently and it's treating me well.

I'd be open to suggestions

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Just got an email from Alaskan Airlines today saying that the CEO is completely confident in his airline and their ability to deal with the coronavirus.

He is even taking his 8 kids and wife to Hawaii in a few weeks!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

facetoucher cat posted:

My Pax 3 is brutal even on medium heat I broke down and got some carts and they're not better but it's a quantity thing. Just straight flower in a silicon pipe w/ a metal screen is what I've been using recently and it's treating me well.

https://arizer.com/air/ this is what i have. ive used it like, every single day from october 2014 until now and it works as good as the day i bought it. doesn't even need a screen. its great

and if you get the gong mouthpiece you can put it into a bong with a downstem, it rules

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

I’ve been using a glass pipe for years. it does the job but I definitely have smokers cough, bubble lung, and a spot of throat discomfort for about 20 minutes after.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

plants BEANS in your BEANS

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

https://arizer.com/air/ this is what i have. ive used it like, every single day from october 2014 until now and it works as good as the day i bought it. doesn't even need a screen. its great

and if you get the gong mouthpiece you can put it into a bong with a downstem, it rules

I’m going to buy this tomorrow

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

That's nice and I think my local shop has them. Tks

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hell yes, this and a recession will make my job so much more tolerable.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Doc Walrus posted:

Yeah I don't think people are very coherent above 102, thermometer must be goofing
I've had low 103s a few times before and while I was really tired, had some concentration issues and had trouble walking straight or standing because my sense of balance was seriously messed up (which I don't know if that is fever specific), I was still very mentally coherent and able to talk while I was awake. Some mild momentary occasional confusion, and especially trippy dreams, but not really waking delirium.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

any of the accessories must haves for QOL? eyeing that bundle

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

PyPy posted:

any of the accessories must haves for QOL? eyeing that bundle

extra mouth pieces b/c they tend to break. the gong if you wanna use it with a bong. thats really it, thats why i like it so much, its super stripped down

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hundreds of goons are going to die of the regular flu for the sake of irony. the survivors will pile their bodies to the heavens, then we will throw our wretched, diseased bodies upon them

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

PyPy posted:

I live in a non legal state and have been burning through a half ounce every 5weeks for about 7 years. I’m in too deep.

I'm in about the same boat. I was clueless on how to decarb weed effectively but it turns out the sous vide I have is absolutely perfect for it.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
That guy who just couldn't stop partying, yeah, second case but they're not saying if it's related to the "mixer"

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1235430111194664960?s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

My brokerage firm

GUILLOTINE

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

snoo posted:

I need to get my spinach planted in my drat aerogarden

Hell yeah we switched our aerogarden out from herbs to spinach lettuce and tomatoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Vox Nihili posted:

hundreds of goons are going to die of the regular flu for the sake of irony. the survivors will pile their bodies to the heavens, then we will throw our wretched, diseased bodies upon them

we’re going full circle and crowding heaven for the lols