Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yesterday I was at Walmart and thought I should pick up some NyQuil just in case I get a cold or coronavirus, or just want to get hosed up on NyQuil. I've waited too long.

I like that there's still plenty of Buckley's. That "It tastes awful but it works" advertising campaign was a real winner.

I did some final stocking up at a store in the Philly suburbs yesterday. I didn't see any signs of panic buying, but I did notice some small signs of people preparing. The ibuprofen/acetaminophen supply was looking light, all the large bottles of bleach were gone, and only one 20 lb bag of rice remainded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is probably the death of the cruise line industry.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51746564

Sure didn't help these guys.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Bizarrely I would agree, purely based on the cruise ship numbers with so many people asymptomatic. But seems like if you have symptoms, 1/33 isn't exactly the best odds.

I also just want the number to be low.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Bizarrely I would agree, purely based on the cruise ship numbers with so many people asymptomatic. But seems like if you have symptoms, 1/33 isn't exactly the best odds.

I also just want the number to be low.

Reminder: that rate only holds for people getting proper medical care, which only holds if we lock everything down to slow it enough for hospitals to not be overrun.

We are not doing that.

Once the hospitals are overrun, who knows what the rate will be, not even counting all the others who need a hospital at the same time.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Lacrosse posted:

White Center is in a similar position and are similarly pissed about it.

It'd be pretty funny if Kent just went "NOPE" and shut everything down as a response. The whole Washington economy would grind to a halt as the major rail lines into Seattle go dead, Amazon losses a distro center, Fedex has a major hub go offline, and all transit corridors between Tacoma and Seattle except highway 99, 509, and I-5 go dark. I don't know if they can legally do that, but if they could and did holy poo poo would it make a point regionally and soon nationally/internationally as Seattle's ports all choke to death.

Didn't White Center spend most of its life as unincorporated King County and only recently became a city? After which King County proceeded to continue making GBS threads on them just as much if not more?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bullfrog posted:

how many people normally die on cruises? jw. i feel like it's more than 0

A former coworker was a cast member on a Disney cruise ship that a guy committed suicide on. He had some rage incident about not being able to meet Mickey and was isolated in his room for a day or two, and when when they let him out he jumped off the side of the boat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
gently caress

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress

I skipped this thread for a few weeks. You still thinking about going on that cruise?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Hairy Marionette posted:

I skipped this thread for a few weeks. You still thinking about going on that cruise?

He's probably on that cruise.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was talking with someone at work who was supposed to go on a cruise in June and the cruise line canceled it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lol, glad I got the travel insurance on my cruise in May

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress

Please remain on the boat even if Mickey doesn't show up.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
second valiant mod death, although prolly not a congressional investigation trying to lacerate hillary clinton over this one

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

The Glumslinger posted:

Check your policy, most travel insurance expressly excludes known infectious diseases

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Glumslinger posted:

poo poo doesn’t work like that. Have u tried to canx yet? Lol is right

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

pnumoman posted:

Check your policy, most travel insurance expressly excludes known infectious diseases

Well then I'll just have to get Coronavirus before my trip

Also, how do we not have a Coronavirus smilie?

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

The Glumslinger posted:

Well then I'll just have to get Coronavirus before my trip

Also, how do we not have a Coronavirus smilie?

:crnasickos:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

United Airlines is the first U.S. carrier to unveil broad cuts across both its domestic and international network because of rapid changes in travel demand as the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak continues to spread.

The Star Alliance carrier will cut international schedules by 20% and domestic schedules by 10% in April, outgoing CEO Oscar Munoz and president Scott Kirby said in a joint letter to employees on Wednesday. Similar schedules reductions are expected in May, the last month before the peak U.S. summer travel season is due to really ramp up.

What’s more, United is also offering employees voluntary unpaid leave, suspending hiring through June 30, and postponing any pending salary increases for management and administrative personnel until July 1.

Well it starts.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

MarcusSA posted:

Well it starts.

To be fair United Airlines is also the one that likes to beat people and is generally Spirit Airlines but they pretend they are not.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A boomer here in Australia got tasered by the police while being arrested after he started throwing hands in a supermarket in a scuffle over toilet paper
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...558651d6712df71

Begun, the toilet paper riots have

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im on week 2 of work from home and am slowly going insane.

Beans remain delicious

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Looks like Facebook just told everyone to work from home after someone tested positive at their offices.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Bullfrog posted:

how many people normally die on cruises? jw. i feel like it's more than 0

Usually one or two - simply because if you have a thousand or more boomers in the same place for two weeks a few will die naturally. Most ships have a morgue for this reason, keep the bodies fresh.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Symptoms are very mild, just go to work it will be fine.

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1235415582931066880

lol?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
No one should be on a cruise, anywhere. It's not like it's only the US allowing cruises still either, it's mind boggling. And now there's coronavirus to add to the list and both those things are still true.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Facebook Aunt posted:

Symptoms are very mild, just go to work it will be fine.

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1235415582931066880

lol?

Lol this is going to be great because who cares if Trump believers follow his advice.

Myriarch
May 14, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress

At this point, it's not that bad. Think of it this way - you're probably just as likely to get it off the cruise as on the cruise - which is to say 100%

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I’m in my desert underground survival bunker. Anything in a 300yard radius that coughs is going to get blasted. Enough beans and TP to last 5 years. See you all in hell.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m just hanging out with General Johnson Jameson in his bunker 500 feet below the earth’s crust. For callers west of the Rocky Mountains call 555-1212 for callers East of the Rocky Mountains we don’t want your calls

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Second Variety but instead of mechanical claws that shred your face it's cute rear end pangolins who burrow out of the earth and sneeze at you

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Barudak posted:

Beans remain delicious

Aren't you a games mod? I thought you guys live for this poo poo.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
The one thing I would actually miss about work is I have 3 glorious screens

Working from home I have the small laptop

I have the same amount of poo poo to monitor and do and one tiny window. Even with one secondary monitor it's not enough for what I need to see and work on

I needs the screens

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Monitors are like $100 each these days you cheap bastard

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hadlock posted:

Monitors are like $100 each these days you cheap bastard

100$ monitor is poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Aren't you a games mod? I thought you guys live for this poo poo.

I am a GBS mod with a crippling problem involving 1s and 0s living in Japan.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

500excf type r posted:

afaik that is metric in general and not specific to germany

lol at this guy thinking there are imperial and metric ways of measuring population

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

megadeath and megacorpse are the only population measurement units that matter in the bright future

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Barudak posted:

Beans remain delicious

You can fill all the walls on your house with mirrors, then buy a smoke generator and fill the bottom with smoke. So instead of living in a house, it will feel like working on a infinite plane of eternal umbra populated only by infinite versions of yourself looking at yourself.

Installation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4SzrhFfbbU

1 wall will make the room feel 200% bigger,

2 walls with mirrors will make the room feel infinite size.

3 walls will mirrors feel like getting translate your existence to a alternate plane

4 walls with mirrors will capture all light, soul essence, temporal troughts, in a unescapable trap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1WCPcjNEXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIhe_P4qDco

I hope this helps you with the getting insane

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Trump continuing the "it's a hoax"-type messaging:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1235411751950221312?s=20