Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

poty posted:

Maggie Thatcher is the Lewis Hamilton of world leaders

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

I fondly remember her speech on the steps of Number 10 when she first took office. "Hey man," she said, "these spending plans are done. I need to be able to push harder." The gathered crowd broke out into rapturous applause, chanting "Get in there Maggie!" as she sipped at a vegan energy drink Monster Energy #MT10.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

ah so a massive british fraud i see

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Horner reeks of someone who will get caught sexting a 14 year old

Toto. 100% sexting a 14 year old as we speak.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

DrNewton posted:

Not sure you'll get a ton of traction with that one here. Toto is smart and fun and has wholesome Austrian passion. Zak Brown on the other hand....

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Toto isn’t a about that life.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Wolff is cool, imo. Probably the most likeable of the team bosses.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Not sure you'll get a ton of traction with that one here. Toto is smart and fun and has wholesome Austrian passion. Zak Brown on the other hand....

I'll see you in the parking lot after school

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrNewton posted:

Toto spends the little free time he has blocking all the many thousands of people (14 years old or otherwise) sending him unsolicited sexts. For he is a good Austrian lad who means well.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Horner will leave Geri for the best-friend of his daughter from his previous girlfriend once she's old enough to wear a Union Jack.
This will come out in an interview, but people will still somehow think of his general demeanour as being worse than the confession.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
This Andreas Seidl fellow has quite an attractive resume, do we think he can push Mclaren into podium contention this season? WDC contention in 2021? Seems he's already had quite an impact since joining.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
FIA say they settled with Ferrari because it would be too hard to conclusively prove Ferrari's engine was illegal even though they strongly suspect it was.

Basically just flat out admitting they aren't capable of governing the sport

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003
It's like the 94 Benetton traction control issue. It's there in the software, but can't prove it was ever used. I think punishment without overwhelming evidence is something the FIA doesn't want to do. Creating better clarity in the regulations is all they can really do.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sounds like the FIA has no evidence that Ferrari cheated and Ferrari are innocent of all charges.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

the kentucky quid posted:

Sounds like the FIA has no evidence that Ferrari cheated and Ferrari are innocent of all charges.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
If you a fan of McLaren you have absolutely no right to bitch about Ferrari cheating.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Even if the ‘94 Benetton was using TCS it didn’t seem to help. Other than in Schumacher’s hands it was extremely difficult to drive.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ah yes, the Trump logic.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

FIA say they settled with Ferrari because it would be too hard to conclusively prove Ferrari's engine was illegal even though they strongly suspect it was.

Basically just flat out admitting they aren't capable of governing the sport

lol u mad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

If you a fan of McLaren you have absolutely no right to bitch about Ferrari cheating.

McLaren cheated and got caught and were severely punished, the same should happen to Ferrari.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Big Huski Boi posted:

McLaren cheated and got caught and were severely punished, the same should happen to Ferrari.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
imagine being "fans" of a team that cant even win while cheating just loving lol

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
thats the entire point of cheating, to win

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Big Huski Boi posted:

It’s been made incredibly clear that Ferrari were infact not caught cheating and claiming that they were cheating is a spurious malicious rumour inspired by hateful British nationalists

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It’s been made incredibly clear that Ferrari were infact not caught cheating and claiming that they were cheating is a spurious malicious rumour inspired by hateful British nationalists

How dare you, sir

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Cheating without a way for it to be proven sounds a lot like competence.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
no according to this thread cheating and getting away with it is terrible because british ppl didnt think of it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So this is why they were warning they might not be competitive this year?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

OhsH posted:

imagine being "fans" of a team that cant even win while cheating just loving lol

I want both of these to be true at the same time

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I was going to try to bait NtotheTC again, but I'll just post the screenshot instead.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MustardFacial posted:

I was going to try to bait NtotheTC again, but I'll just post the screenshot instead.

Not in it, voted 1

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

I don't get why people have such short memories. The FIA has repeatedly shown that they will not actively enforce their own rules. Their determination that DAS is legal is meaningless if teams protest and the race stewards disagree. They determined that Renault's braking system was legal, too.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
If you require unequivocal proof that a team is cheating but are unable to find that proof, then is the team really cheating?

I submit that the answer is no.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

If you require unequivocal proof that a team is cheating but are unable to find that proof, then is the team really cheating?

I submit that the answer is no.

I would agree were it not Ferrari. Mosley once said something about McLaren's $100m fine being $1m for cheating and $99m for Ron Dennis. That's how they should penalize Ferrari. Or maybe they should award them $99m so they don't suck as much.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Big Huski Boi posted:

I would agree were it not Ferrari. Mosley once said something about McLaren's $100m fine being $1m for cheating and $99m for Ron Dennis. That's how they should penalize Ferrari. Or maybe they should award them $99m so they don't suck as much.

The FIA already gives Ferrari too much money. They should just let Ferrari cheat, they're still going to lose the WCC but at least it'll be a more entertaining season then watching Mercedes casually walk into another championship in their own cheating* race car.

*DAS is illegal

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Mercedes is so good they are cheating in the future.

Ferrari is so bad they get caught cheating but the matter gets dropped out of pity.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
anyway more importabtly can someone tell me who the weird dude is in my av cuz idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

I'm really not, because they've still forced Ferrari to stop whatever it was they couldn't 'prove conclusively' and they're going to spend another season melting down.

The FIA are incompetent cowards, but I knew that already