Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also looking at some of the replies, I'm awaiting the day someone is able to confirm the froggy chair in New Horizons.
Pretty sure they showed it a while back. I remember it because you have to use actual frogs that you caught to craft it. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It looks like some embargo just got lifted

10 minutes of direct feed gameplay no commentary either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNxdj1XRO0s

Keep an eye cause Gamexplain aren't going to be the only ones.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Unless it's the embargo on just giving me the goddamn game already Nintendo it's right there on my home screen let me in this is only going to make the next two weeks tougher

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

gently caress her up Isabelle

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
All of my digital only games require a WiFi connection to phone home before launch. I assume AC is no different? Going with the cartridge if so.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

jackhunter64 posted:

Isabelle: One day, and that day may never come, I will ask a favor of you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Funky Valentine posted:

Isabelle: One day, and that day may never come, I will ask a favor of you.

Isabelle's reaction seems to imply she really doesn't need more than an excuse back in New Leaf at the very least, though she seems a little too into the Mayor then.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Jawdins posted:

All of my digital only games require a WiFi connection to phone home before launch. I assume AC is no different? Going with the cartridge if so.

I thought it only had to phone home once a week on your primary console? I haven't had a problem playing any digital games without internet yet.

YMMV, but I've used my phone as a hotspot to play some pokemon online when my internet went out.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am blown away by the amount of details in the character animations. The little foot tap when you're in the menu is so good.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Could be that my console isn't set as the primary. I'll check on that, thanks!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jawdins posted:

I've not had anything visibly phoning home except for initial unlocks for pre-orders and the NES/SNES stuff that validates your online sub exists, is this a thing?

I'm always at home with WiFi anyway so I probably wouldn't have noticed, maybe I'll stick the console in airplane mode for a week and test it out on something.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

jackhunter64 posted:

Ah so that's why she's been practicing with the Super Shotgun.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm glad Blathers actually talks about the things you donate in specifics again.

https://youtu.be/MzFhY6P5V_4?t=364

You're right Blathers, we have to find out who caused the Black Bass invasion and punish them.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

GoodBee posted:

I thought it only had to phone home once a week on your primary console? I haven't had a problem playing any digital games without internet yet.

YMMV, but I've used my phone as a hotspot to play some pokemon online when my internet went out.

The once a week thing is only for NES/SNES because it's checking that your online subscription is active. For anything else digital, it just checks once with the server that it's past release date, unlocks it, and then you're good to go. You could never connect to the internet again and be perfectly fine.

Edit: unless you've got multiple Switches and doing primary/secondary stuff. Then I've got no clue.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh no...

oh no...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh no...

oh no...

This is your weekly notice that you need to pay up, bitch

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh no...

oh no...

Now can we start building the guillotine?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gonna make a bunch of burner profiles and recreate the cast of Yurucamp

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Curious that you can go "behind" the top of the island.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I started an Animal Crossing GC game to get my fix and after Nook tells you about your loan he jokingly threatens to send his "Raccoon Goons" after you if you don't pay up

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

robot roll call posted:

I started an Animal Crossing GC game to get my fix and after Nook tells you about your loan he jokingly threatens to send his "Raccoon Goons" after you if you don't pay up

So, gang tag?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That cat that just sits and maniacally watches you get swarmed by bees after you run up to him for help... that is my cat. Gonna need that cat on my island.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Just gonna name my island a bunch of cow faces.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

That's a good one. Or "Pen Island"

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Raccoon Goons would be perfect for a gang tang imo.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1235598669652557825

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I would be very down for this gang tag

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to be a Racoon Goon

In hindsight I like to imagine it's just Timmy and Tommy politely asking you how you're doing though :3:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In hindsight I like to imagine it's just Timmy and Tommy politely asking you how you're doing though :3:

People really be thinking we finally got kneecaps so we can feasibly jump over streams, when Timmy and Tommy have been the perfect height for whacking all along

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It really does need to happen tbqh.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted: