Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Okay which one of you beautiful creatures posted this https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/fctfzr/ex_vegans_why_did_you_start_eating_meat_again/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

8 comments in and they're already talking about bleaching Uranus

Gotta admit, Reddit's got some quality poasting right there :lurkmore:

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Scooter_McCabe posted:

Steak Tartare is awesome. Perfection:

EVE still needs work though. Case in point SOV mechanics.

SOV isn't the only problem. I think we need a buff for amarr ships, especiialy for fleet pvp. Talking about
T1 cruisers for example. They are slower, less range if you use lasers and you can't use low slots for extra damage.
I might just be a puppie when it comes to creating new doctrines but I think if you use for example maller's vs
moa's with the same numbers it's harder to win the fight.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Chalkece posted:

SOV isn't the only problem. I think we need a buff for amarr ships, especiialy for fleet pvp. Talking about
T1 cruisers for example. They are slower, less range if you use lasers and you can't use low slots for extra damage.
I might just be a puppie when it comes to creating new doctrines but I think if you use for example maller's vs

not every ship has to be balanced, hth

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
also did mittani have a meltdown about bernie losing yet

is he going to cast 40,000 votes for trump?

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Yeah, but I would like to see some special thing about amarr ships. Atm it feel like they aren't good at all.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Chalkece posted:

Yeah, but I would like to see some special thing about amarr ships. Atm it feel like they aren't good at all.

let's not pretend that's even on the top 100 of issues facing eve online right now, thank you.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Why not?

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

I agree, not even close to top 100

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Okay then, five things more important than ship balance?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Mittani is in a safe undisclosed location until the plague is over

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Sneak Lemming posted:

Chalkece posted:

I agree, not even close to top 100

Sorry I meant T1 Cruisers aren't close to the top 100 issues.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

the discussion at hand isn't about ship balance, it's about the specific effectiveness of certain types of ships that have a niche in the game already. not every ship has to be good at everything.

if every ship was perfectly balanced for every situation there would be no reason to pick one over the other, likewise having ships that suck all around is completely a-ok and fine in and of itself, the key is that there is enough diversity in the meta pool to make the game not stale.

You want diversity so that there is more opportunity for innovation and gimmicks

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Bumping, on the other hand...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

There is plenty enough political threads, no need to bring this trash our food thread.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

if every ship was perfectly balanced for every situation

That isn't what they're saying you ninny.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Ship balance doesnt meant that you make all the ships as good as each other. I can't really tell if you're being ironically stupid or not. Having a valid niche for every ship is important, the game has gotten much better at that, but there are still a ton of ships that are entirely pointless.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CainFortea posted:

That isn't what they're saying you ninny.

i never said it was what he was saying, if you could read more than 6 words before your attention span overheated you'd see there was more of a point behind what i was saying.

Sneak Lemming posted:

Ship balance doesnt meant that you make all the ships as good as each other. I can't really tell if you're being ironically stupid or not. Having a valid niche for every ship is important, the game has gotten much better at that, but there are still a ton of ships that are entirely pointless.

not everything has to have a valid niche, completely pointless ships are fine as long as the game is healthy enough overall, which is my point.

besides, i never said ship balance was unimportant either, so let's not forget that.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

i never said it was what he was saying, if you could read more than 6 words before your attention span overheated you'd see there was more of a point behind what i was saying.

lol, okay dumbo.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Who cares which is better for doing whatever. When will CCP let us paint wizards on our spacevans?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Who cares which is better for doing whatever. When will CCP let us paint wizards on our spacevans?

I've got some bad news. They had custom skins for a brief half second, and then greed took over. Now you can buy a limited set of skins for each ship. Stay tuned to CCP social media for exciting updates showing you new skins you can buy!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Asking the real questions right here...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sneak Lemming posted:

I mean mostly I think whether the game is fun is more important than "balance".

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

SHISHKABOB posted:

I mean mostly I think whether the game is fun is more important than "balance".

Just tell them to put more fun into it.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Sneak Lemming posted:

I've got some bad news. They had custom skins for a brief half second, and then greed took over. Now you can buy a limited set of skins for each ship. Stay tuned to CCP social media for exciting updates showing you new skins you can buy!

Buying decals for plex/isk and paint them on a hull would be nice.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Chalkece posted:

Didn't the CFC once had a geddon doctrine? I seem to remember moving a fuckton of BS around and it required a 2% PG implant

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you should be able to customize what color your links show up as so everyone can not see them together

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Amarr is trash

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

MrOzzy posted:

Didn't the CFC once had a geddon doctrine? I seem to remember moving a fuckton of BS around and it required a 2% PG implant

Pulse Abaddons were big game for killing drakes a million years ago. Not sure if the CFC was onboard for that particular doctrine though.

Come to think of it, so were Apoc navy issues.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

Amarr is trash

*melts your face with 1300 dps redeemer*

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Deofuta posted:

Pulse Abaddons were big game for killing drakes a million years ago. Not sure if the CFC was onboard for that particular doctrine though.

Apocs, Geddons, and Napocs all had spots in various iterations of Baltic fleet. At this point we’ve collapsed all that into Bhaalgorns, since we kind of print those.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
When did M laz0rz become trash? They were always better.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Make hulltank viable (again)

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Deofuta posted:

Found them! https://zkillboard.com/br/114332/

Don't know if the sides are right, don't really care ^^

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020
Do people still have massive organized wars over nullsec? This game always looked fun for the sheer scale of human conflict.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PastaBakeWizard posted:

Do people still have massive organized wars over nullsec? This game always looked fun for the sheer scale of human conflict.

There are wars but mostly just for fun. Territory doesn't really change hands much.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I wonder if much will change in that regard with the resource changes in the long run?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

PastaBakeWizard posted:

the last actual war was world war bee, the rest have been lovely non committal wars or meme wars.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

the last actual war was world war bee, the rest have been lovely non committal wars or meme wars.

When was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Deofuta posted:

Slaved Arty Abaddons were a thing during World War Bee