Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Non-M E9X cars are kinda lame. The E82 has a bit more spunky personality which is the whole point of a BMW.

Plus you can bolt like the entire suspension and subframe of the M3 into the 1er. It would be such a corner monster setup like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

How long has it been now that BMW hasn’t offered a NA engine?

I was like, yeah the turbos are good but there are still some non turb-ooooh wait maybe everything has a snail nowadays.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Ganondork posted:

Anyone know what happened to m3forum.net? Been down/broken for a while now. :hchatter:

Looking for some euro headers for my E46, and that was my spot

All I want to do is see if theres an update on the bluebus thread!!! Cmon m3forum!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
OP buy a SMG e46 M3 drop in a 6 speed and drive around in the most beautiful car ever conceived well you worry about the rear seats dropping out the trunk when you mash the gas

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
take the rear seats out and put in a roll cage

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

beanieson posted:

take the rear seats out and put in a roll cage

cries in LATCH

Wait, can you put car seats in a roll cage?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Clearly the best course of action with an E46 is to strip the entire car, put a corvette engine in it.

Second best is to just buy an E92 and then do nothing but put gas in it and have the same results but retain the ability to rev past 6500 also, YMMV

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Some good ideas itt

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

And no, I won't buy a Camaro. This isn't a case of "my enlistment bonus cleared, is 16.99% APR considered good" ;)

This classist poo poo has no place in the BMW enthusiast thread.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Did you get jail time? because of, or in spite of the gloves?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

gvibes posted:

Haven't had any problems there (though mine is a 2011). Other than throttle bodies and rod bearings, the car seems OK. Obviously a pretty big "other than" there.

In three years, the only unscheduled maintenance was a failed wheel speed sensor and failed vacuum pump or sensor.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Over 5 years my average yearly cost of maintenance has been about $800 (not including gas/tires/detailing/consumables etc). Nothing unscheduled.

This is encouraging.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Ultimate Mango posted:

cries in LATCH

Wait, can you put car seats in a roll cage?

I mean, car seats have 5 point harnesses, right? Sounds a-ok to me!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Residency Evil posted:

This is encouraging.

other than two massively expensive repairs the car has been good! also the other two repairs, yeah, those too.

my m5 had a fair bit of deferred maintenance but things were looking good. lets see how it fires up in a week or two.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It's been pretty maintenance free really, other than the PTSD I got from my "friend" changing the notification on my phone to the BMW warning chime

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

angryrobots posted:

It's been pretty maintenance free really, other than the PTSD I got from my "friend" changing the notification on my phone to the BMW warning chime

lmao

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

angryrobots posted:

Lmao

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Clearly your fault for not having your phone on silent/vibrate at all times

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

angryrobots posted:

Hahaha

Can you code out all the intro chimes and cold weather chime? I swear mine chimes 3-4+ times every time I get in the car and it's getting annoying. I already have the volume on it set to the minimum.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

:hmmyes:

rscott posted:

Clearly your fault for not having your phone on silent/vibrate at all times

it's all fun and games until you start feeling phantom vibrations in your leg where your phone normally is

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did you get jail time? because of, or in spite of the gloves?

Just a good ol violation

104 in a 70. Pace maneuver by an unmarked car that was several hundred feed in front of me. Oops!

Luckily this county lets you pay down your clocked speed at $50 per MPH

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Send me $1700 towards speeding fines please op

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just a good ol violation

104 in a 70. Pace maneuver by an unmarked car that was several hundred feed in front of me. Oops!

was that in the Eastern Oregon badlands or something? Lucky you didn't get shot, city boy :clint:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just a good ol violation

God drat dude

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
That seriously looks like I 3D printed it on my lovely printer.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

beanieson posted:

God drat dude

~*~*Just I-5 Things*~*~

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

~*~*Just I-5 Things*~*~

I-84 dammit!! It feels like the speed limit should be 150 on that thing

beanieson posted:

God drat dude

Local Traffic Lawyer: Usually it makes more financial sense to just pay the ticket. My fee is pretty high. What did he clock you at?

Me: 104

Lawyer: Yeah this is definitely worth it

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
Never gotten a ticket doing triple digit speeds yet thankfully. *knocks on wood*

Best of luck. Hopefully your lawyer gets it knocked down to defensive driving lmao.

In other news E46 passed state inspection today. Time to put the title in my name. I'm a little pissed though. The inspector took the car for a pull down the street and got my sunroof shade stuck back in the headliner. drat it.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

beanieson posted:

God drat dude

First he finds the sport button, now this.

They grow up so fast.

:allears:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Thanks! Worst case scenario is the full brunt of an Oregon class A violation:

$1,155 fee and a minimum 30 day and potential maximum 90 day license suspension

The lawyer is "real tight" with the DA and thinks we can get the speed knocked down to 99 since it was a pace measurement with rear facing equipment. That'll cut the ticket in half and knock the suspension off the table. Fingers crossed!

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

6 hours after buying my CTS-V I got instant-on Ka'd in Battle Mountain, NV at 101 in a 75 by a cop facing oncoming traffic underneath the last overpass out of town right at dusk, but after some bluster the cop wrote it for 99.

A month later I turned up at the Battle Mountain courthouse asking about how I could pay down the fine as rough math indicated that if I managed to get the violations and points lowered I'd be facing less of an insurance hike over 3 years no matter what.

Judge looks me over in his office, says he can change it to 2 1-point violations, but the fine goes up to $800. I go pull cash out of an ATM and come back, money is handed over...

... and the ticket never showed up on my record, ever. Looking back now I'm pretty sure I paid a bribe.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Non-M E9X cars are kinda lame. The E82 has a bit more spunky personality which is the whole point of a BMW.
as far as I can tell the only major difference between the E82 and E92 is size. and as a 6'2" dude, the E82 is really not a practical option

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the e92 is also just a better looking car.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tremek posted:

6 hours after buying my CTS-V I got instant-on Ka'd in Battle Mountain, NV at 101 in a 75 by a cop facing oncoming traffic underneath the last overpass out of town right at dusk, but after some bluster the cop wrote it for 99.

A month later I turned up at the Battle Mountain courthouse asking about how I could pay down the fine as rough math indicated that if I managed to get the violations and points lowered I'd be facing less of an insurance hike over 3 years no matter what.

Judge looks me over in his office, says he can change it to 2 1-point violations, but the fine goes up to $800. I go pull cash out of an ATM and come back, money is handed over...

... and the ticket never showed up on my record, ever. Looking back now I'm pretty sure I paid a bribe.

Smart places basically let you bribe your way out of it. In the KC metro area it was just understood that you'd give a lawyer double the fine and get it reduced to a non-moving violation. Some of the smaller municipalities allowed you to do this directly with them.

Where I'm at in Colorado I had to do an online "traffic school" and show up in loving court to get my ticket reduced from 4 points to 1. Just ridiculous.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

as far as I can tell the only major difference between the E82 and E92 is size. and as a 6'2" dude, the E82 is really not a practical option

I’m 6’3” and drove one for years 🤷🏻‍♂️

the e92 is also just a better looking car.

:wrong:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm 6 foot and 4 inches and that's why I bought an M2

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Oh no what have I started

(I'm 5'4". I fit in everything.)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m the biggest man in the world now, and I’m covered in gold. Fourteen karat gold!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i was just being modest. im actually 6'9" and 420 lb

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

actually though, the e92 feels like the smallest car i can feel comfortable in. i do fit in a 2-series, but it's not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

i was just being modest. im actually 6'9" and 420 lb

Christ, this guy fucks. You've got all the numbers.