Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Keeshhound posted:

Out of curiosity, do you need to play ball with the empire, or can you just raid them? I've seen on streams and the like that they have towns like any other faction.

Yes there's a alternative questline that pops up for exactly this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Okay, lesson learned: Rimworld of Magic AoE abilities (in my case the Blademaster's phase-strike and blade-spin) also hit the trooper squad I requested from the empire to deal with some mechanoids, instantly aggroing them. Had to do a reload because I can't deal with a -100 hostile Empire right now.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

A Moose posted:

I restarted the game a couple times and the colonist bar was still gone, and then tried my oldest autosave and it hadn't happened to that one yet. So I sent out my caravan, then deleted the abandoned colony, and it didn't happen again. Still no idea what happened.

This bug happened to me too, it is linked to that empty caravan. You can either dev mode it away or merge another caravan into it to fix it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

You know, for a legendary work I expected a bit more.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

I am getting almost no trading caravans, even though I'm right next to about 4 settlements, anything I can do to remedy this?

Tooltip I read last night said it's based on your relations with nearby factions. So you could send out your own pawns and give away stuff to build up relations.

I did this the other night when I finally sent off a pawn with 10+ cats after it got too insane at my base.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Broken Cog posted:

Congrats, you've been owned by art.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
drat, the Berserk skill you can learn at tier 5 (Baron/Baroness) is ridiculously powerful, worth keeping the noble around just for that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

I dunno, making a square the conveys the concept of hunger in a manner that transcends language is quite impressive.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the square is empty, and this represents hunger.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Broken Cog posted:

It's... beautiful.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Broken Cog posted:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The thing I like about the art descriptions is they all suggest that the works objectively convey or contain concepts. Like you can't argue with it, the square is hungry, everyone who looks at it understands that.

It's less art and more that you've created an SCP.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

OwlFancier posted:

The thing I like about the art descriptions is they all suggest that the works objectively convey or contain concepts. Like you can't argue with it, the square is hungry, everyone who looks at it understands that.

It's less art and more that you've created an SCP.

Actually the description is just what it says on the plaque next to the sculpture.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/fdqubn/shock_and_awe/

Getting that rimworld itch again... Reaalllly wanna wait a few months for some mod updates/new mods. Might not make it.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I also appreciate how this hungry green square somehow has 2000 beauty, so indescribably gorgeous that you could stick it in a fetid sewer and it would still be the most beautiful room you had ever seen in your life.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

I find it weird that research falls under commoner work, bit of a shame since the colonist I'm currently grooming for nobility is my main researcher.

Remember that literally anyone can skill up research very quickly. It's the least stat-sensitive job besides, like, cleaning.

Broken Cog posted:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

w0o0o0o posted:

In my hubris I believed a 10-trap kill maze would keep me safe from Imperium attacks over the foreseeable future. Then Randy delivereth an imperial siege using incendiary shells, cooking half my colonists alive in their bedroom block before I got my poo poo together.

Lesson learned - read raid notifications before dismissing them.

I built my first kill maze last night without realizing I needed doors to the interior for servicing the traps (instead I had a side tunnel that bypassed the whole thing). They got set off by a pack of 8 man-hunting bunnies and both of my construction pawns ended up in the hospital while trying to reset them.

To add insult to injury, my doctor also ended up in the hospital due to rabbit bites, and I had an infection and food poisoning outbreak because my remaining pawns couldn't keep up with cleaning. And that's how killer bunnies more or less shut down my colony over the winter :cripes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

I also appreciate how this hungry green square somehow has 2000 beauty, so indescribably gorgeous that you could stick it in a fetid sewer and it would still be the most beautiful room you had ever seen in your life.

Again supporting my SCP theory :v:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I queued up a Sniper Rifle since normal bolt actions are the only other ling range gun I have and the guy made a masterwork...

Red Mole
This weapon bears a portrayal of vultures playing craps.

I feel like this is a crap-shoot.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

OwlFancier posted:

Again supporting my SCP theory :v:

That I can just move it around and whatever room I put it down in immediately becomes Extremely Impressive, seems to support this idea.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As a small note re: quality of weapons, depending on the weapon quality can be of dubious utility. Specifically it is quite possible to max a gun out at 100% accuracy at some ranges, far before it gets to masterwork or legendary quality, depending on the gun. So it's worth looking at the specific stats when buying or crafting.

Regular bolt actions are actually quite easy to max out at a lot of ranges.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Yeah gun stats are a big deal. I keep almost doing an effort post on them whenever someone asks about defenses and killbox design but then I get distracted by this GORGEOUS HUNGRY GREEN SQUARE

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

OwlFancier posted:

As a small note re: quality of weapons, depending on the weapon quality can be of dubious utility. Specifically it is quite possible to max a gun out at 100% accuracy at some ranges, far before it gets to masterwork or legendary quality, depending on the gun. So it's worth looking at the specific stats when buying or crafting.

Regular bolt actions are actually quite easy to max out at a lot of ranges.

Damage and a few other things goes up as well, so its still a benefit.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Y’all never heard of Rothko apparently.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rothko? Amatuer. Like a child scribbling with crayons on wallpaper.

Goose Rochacacri? There's a fuckin' artist.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Is there a mod that lets you clone pawns, or grow artificial pawns? Or maybe even biological androids? I want to go entirely Mad Scientist and combine it with pawnmorpher to create the most dysfunctional, insane hell town ever. But I need enslaved test subjectswilling volunteers, and nothings more willing than clones!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Kafouille posted:

This bug happened to me too, it is linked to that empty caravan. You can either dev mode it away or merge another caravan into it to fix it.

Confirming that merging with the ghost caravan made the colonist bar come back. I wonder what makes ghost caravans in the first place. Thanks for that!

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

User0015 posted:

Is there a mod that lets you clone pawns, or grow artificial pawns? Or maybe even biological androids? I want to go entirely Mad Scientist and combine it with pawnmorpher to create the most dysfunctional, insane hell town ever. But I need enslaved test subjectswilling volunteers, and nothings more willing than clones!

Questionable Ethics is the name of the mod you want but I'm not sure if it's updated

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Gadzuko posted:

Questionable Ethics is the name of the mod you want but I'm not sure if it's updated

I found a link to a version that supposedly runs with 1.1, but caveat emptor since it came from just some guy in the comments field for that mod.

However, there is this mod which lets you grow pawns on trees! :science:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Just had the world's worst triple kill. I had 3 guys go on a caravan to a town 2.9 days away. So I got them there and they sold their stuff, but then everyone started getting break risks on the way back, and the town didn't have any non super perishable food for sale, so my caravan ran out of food .5 days from home. They tantrum spiraled so fast, they all immediately broke and sad wandered to death on my colony's doorstep.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
If that happens again you can get a guy from the colony run out to them with an armful of food and merge the caravans to keep them fed until they calm down.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My colonists are starving and bleeding to death so I sent one out to kill a lynx and recover an alpaca corpse.

My colonist missed so many times that the lynx finished eating and fell asleep.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Loving to be back in the time where you just never close rimworld because a single mod update can drag endless error loops back out where you buried them. Something's really causing gui errors to be commonplace across multiple mods and its the same descriptionless one every time.

Guess I'll go back to finishing a DOOM run and come back tomorrow morning hoping for the best.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Waves of mechanite clusters is not an easy task. Three in just the first day of the quest. The 6 men they sent to help were not even a dent in the endless hoard of robots.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I know it's dumb to rant about Randy, but I really wish he wouldn't do toxic fallout or volcanic winter events during spring or summer of the first year.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Events like that are map specific. Since you shouldn't have that much stuff, just pack up and move over a hex.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

Anticheese posted:

I found a link to a version that supposedly runs with 1.1, but caveat emptor since it came from just some guy in the comments field for that mod.

However, there is this mod which lets you grow pawns on trees! :science:

Hahaha, this game inspires the strangest things.

This might be a little TOO broken, but oh well. Lets shove some powerful mutagenics into barely socialized child soldiers. What could possibly go wrong?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Telsa Cola posted:

Damage and a few other things goes up as well, so its still a benefit.

For guns, not in the unmodded game, unless I missed a really major change. Melee weapon damage does go up with quality, but for guns the only thing that gets better is accuracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
The wiki states that it does, as do my own experinces with it. You can test it yourself by starting a vanilla game and dev mode spawning in the same gun a few times to get different qualities.

Wiki states that Damage, Accuracy, and Armour Penetration are effected.

Its been in effect since at least B19.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 6, 2020