Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Catlateral Damage gameplay overview for Polygon remains the single funniest piece of McElroy content ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah I really miss the game overviews. The catlateral damage one is hilarious, but my all time favorite is their spy party video.

Though, cool games inc with Griffin and BDG would be really good I bet.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Last night I stumbled upon an actual funny Travis joke.

Incredible.

Justin: "Have you ever seen the movie Big Daddy?"
Travis, completely exasperated and tired of hearing the question: "Yes."

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Pladdicus posted:

Cool Games Inc was a very fun show, BDG and Griffin on that show could be great but it obviously relies on chemistry.

McElroy side content is always their best stuff. After listening to 400 episodes of MBMBAM I can safely say it is okay and occasionally great, but the great bits are animated. The Polygon game overviews are I think the best stuff, especially Justin who killed it with Griffin.

This is funny to me because their polygon stuff was their main stuff until mbmbam blew up and then adventure zone blew up again. It's all super good content though, just to name a few Probably Archery, the ones where Griffin fights Justin's help line Dracula, most vr ones, the rust ones, the tabletop simulator one

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zutaten posted:

Catlateral Damage gameplay overview for Polygon remains the single funniest piece of McElroy content ever made.

You absolute fool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b3ImVxhA34

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Elvis_Maximus posted:

my all time favorite is their spy party video.

I tend to agree, that game was just the perfect vehicle for their dynamic.

But the American Truck Simulator overview is also very high on my list.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The new taz is up since noone mentioned it yet

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"The Adventure Zone: Good Spell, Good Magic, Good Times, Good Buddies" should be their new slogan.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I think my favourite thing about this episode was rolling for how tasty the jerky was. The combat felt very dry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I agree that it's weird that Bebe can like talk. I still think of her and Henry as babies.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

The 7th Guest posted:

also bring back cool games inc with jacob from drawfee as the co-host

Yes. I really enjoyed the Polygon/Drawfee Jackbox episodes, as well as when Polygon people were on Drawfee episodes/streams.

Polygon should hire Drawfee now that CH is gone.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Kazy posted:

Yes. I really enjoyed the Polygon/Drawfee Jackbox episodes, as well as when Polygon people were on Drawfee episodes/streams.

Polygon should hire Drawfee now that CH is gone.

drawfee hired by polygon; contractually obligated to make no more than one video a month

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm glad their kids seem to get along.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

eke out posted:

drawfee hired by polygon; contractually obligated to make no more than one video a month
vox would probably let drawfee do whatever because it's so low-cost. literally just opening photoshop and hitting record on OBS Studio

polygon's normal video content has a lot of editing and research involved by comparison that they need alienware to pitch in some funds lol

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
this latest ep of Graduation is extremely funny so far

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

The 7th Guest posted:

vox would probably let drawfee do whatever because it's so low-cost. literally just opening photoshop and hitting record on OBS Studio

polygon's normal video content has a lot of editing and research involved by comparison that they need alienware to pitch in some funds lol

Polygon's low effort content was shitcanned too though. Neither Gill and Gilbert, Awful Squad, Vox Olympics nor Let's Play The Baseball Game were high end productions. poo poo, Pat made Brian play the first Half Life on their Twitch channel in it's entirety, and they don't even do that anymore.

Vox don't know what Vox want, honestly.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I've finally been getting into Graduation and it's better than this thread led me to believe :v: But I think that's because it's past the "Memorize These 50 Characters" phase so far. (I'm on Episode 5 or 6)

Also I'm assuming Polygon staff are salaried, what good do they get out of getting rid of video content done during work hours? :psyduck:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Not Operator posted:

Polygon's low effort content was shitcanned too though. Neither Gill and Gilbert, Awful Squad, Vox Olympics nor Let's Play The Baseball Game were high end productions. poo poo, Pat made Brian play the first Half Life on their Twitch channel in it's entirety, and they don't even do that anymore.

Most online journalism outlets have realized that the "pivot to video" was a lovely Zucc lie, so a lot of the "we need 6 20-minute videos a week or we're done" impulse has passed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This went under the radar, the McElbots are back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU_qtoLZgY

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's also known that Vox didn't make the streaming room soundproof and it became impossible to record streams when other office people were working.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Though, cool games inc with Griffin and BDG would be really good I bet.

I've entertained that particular thought more than is possibly healthy. But really I just want more BDG content outside of Unraveled.

Coolgames inc used to be my favorite podcast, too. :smith: Now it and Car Boys are tainted, bittersweet memories.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Clint and spellcasting... :allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not Operator posted:

i still think they'd leave drawfee alone because they only do one type of video, drawing and more drawing

the reason for canning stuff like let's plays was dumb because it was "people are reminded they're subscribed so they unsubscribe" and that would be the case for literally any video posted, and youtube is currently the literal home of let's playing

i will say gill and gilbert wasn't canned, brian said they couldn't think of a new punishment gimmick, and with awful squad no one wanted to play PUBG on their friday anymore

they should've done something like giant bomb premium so they could have more podcasts & let's play/casual content from the personalities without having to worry about the idiotic "but people who haven't viewed the channel in 5 years will unsubscribe!!"

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 6, 2020

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
It'll be nice when they learn their characters enough they won't have to do so much number crunching/modifier adding down time between every action. I guess it was the point on this mission to relearn that stuff, but man its just so much of these last 2 eps

ImPureAwesome fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 6, 2020

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

DoctorWhat posted:

It's also known that Vox didn't make the streaming room soundproof and it became impossible to record streams when other office people were working.
Polygon is a ruse designed to prevent Brian David Gillbert from unleashing his true content potential on an unsuspecting internet, there is no other explanation.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zutaten posted:

The girls club playthrough was some sweet revenge.

My favorite of the old game overviews is the Dracula Saga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOWw49kP9o

then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e390vEHRy3I

RIP Dracula, aside from his 2 seconds on the Toucan Dan monster factory

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I also heard "a pie" :(

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Where's episode 4 of GMWGSUANTGHAECOACNH? :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/trolls2cast/status/1235974153930502145?s=21

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I liked this last Graduation episode a lot better than the last one, and that was 90% down to Justin deciding OKAY WE ARE NOT WASTING ANY MORE TIME ON THIS STUPID ROOM-TO-ROOM BULLSHIT.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I finally got around to listening to the bonus MBMBAM episode "Big Gulp LIVE!" and Griffin and Travis are having so much fun making Justin's life miserable on this one

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Are the new roles a new thing or did I miss all that? I thought they were doing a tear or two and the button thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I can't believe it. They climbed their way to the top. They are Justin Timberlake.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I watched the newest trailer before listening and could have sworn it was Justin as the you suck tumbleweed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08AExF6dETA

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 6, 2020

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

George H.W. oval office posted:

I watched the newest trailer before listening and could have sworn it was Justin as the you suck tumbleweed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08AExF6dETA

If anything that sounded like Griff to me

Chasterson
Aug 16, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
It rules that the final episode was basically just a 42 minute ad for trolls world tour

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Imp Hospital was fine and I liked the scene at the end of the last episode, but good god, I hope Travis does some research on dungeon and encounter design. You're supposed to obscure the fact that a dungeon is just a series of doors with fights behind them, not just straight up do that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

more falafel please posted:

If anything that sounded like Griff to me

Yeah that sounds like Griffin.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Crowetron posted:

Imp Hospital was fine and I liked the scene at the end of the last episode, but good god, I hope Travis does some research on dungeon and encounter design. You're supposed to obscure the fact that a dungeon is just a series of doors with fights behind them, not just straight up do that.

Travis also needs to up his scene-setting game. I really noticed the difference going from Tiny Heist to the Imp Hospital, where Brennan is really good and enthusiastic about describing a scene, Travis just kinda says 'you're in a hospital with imps in it' and lets them go fight. Nothing describing the tone, mood, or anything about the setting. Is it a creepy dark abandoned hospital? Is it sterile and brightly lit? Give us something, paint a mind picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Crowetron posted:

It sucks that the series is so slow compared to most other actual play shows, because chances are he'll learn from his missteps and grow as a DM over time like Griffin did (to an extent), except we're hearing it happen at a rate of less than three hours a month.